Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick Questions / Quick answers

Quote Originally Posted by boomersooner198 View Post
    PLEASE HELP!!
    How do I access the loan system?? I cant find a way to get a loan of anykind anywhere. THANKS!!!
    There are no player loans currently in the game. It is something we may hope for in a patch. Rather than getting loans, I'm actually more interested in making shaky foreign loans to build dubious railroads in the Americas (just to get the flavor of the period), and in seeing some kind of trade finance for minors so they won't sit on their stockpile of goods unable to use it to buy anything.

I am able to build lvl 2 farms, but I am not able to upgrade existing farms. (For example cereal and fruit farms)
    is this WAD and I need a specific tech to upgrade these? Upgrading of mines, factories etc works just fine, as well as other agricultural buildings like fishing harbours or wool farms

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2Semper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires. Argentina
    Quote Originally Posted by Boernes View Post
    I am able to build lvl 2 farms, but I am not able to upgrade existing farms. (For example cereal and fruit farms)
    is this WAD and I need a specific tech to upgrade these? Upgrading of mines, factories etc works just fine, as well as other agricultural buildings like fishing harbours or wool farms
    Which ones exactly you can't upgrade? cereals and fruits only?
    AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!
    FACEBOOK: AGEOD - Pride of Nations
    Pride of Nations already available!! - AGEOD forum - Paradox forum
    -------
    Football Manager: La AAR chaquetera oficial FM 2007, FM 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Generalisimo View Post
    Cereals, Fruits and Wines - Those are the ones I can confirm (playing prussia so no fancy plantations yet ^^)

how do i expand the text window at the bottom horizontally, only the lever makes it taller but messages are still cut off.. PLEASE HELP Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by boomersooner198 View Post
    how do i expand the text window at the bottom horizontally, only the lever makes it taller but messages are still cut off.. PLEASE HELP Thank you
    There is nothing in the UI that does that or provides wordwrap. You could try higher resolution, but I don't think that widens the number of pixels in the log. I find it mildly annoying in the diplomatic messages, but the missing information is unimportant.

I correct myself - cereal farms are the only farms/structures which cannot be upgraded. Everything else works fine

2 questions:

1: I seem to remember this working, but lately I've noticed that units in occupied Siam (I'm playing GB) are not getting reinforcements on units (I've only looked at Indian units specifically). I've got units in passive placed on a city with a lvl4 depot, a railroad & a level 2+ harbour. They're supplied, but have buune under half strength for a year. I've bought 'reinforcements' through the F3 menu (I have an access of efery type of unit except the real heavy artillery. What is goung on ?

2: This is imbarrasing. I've played the game for months now, and I've yet to figure out how the peace process works.So for, whenever I'm being contacted by someone I'm at war with (specifically Siam) they're always offering a white peace. Their entire terretory is occupied, a large part of it protectorates, all with military units in them. There's hardly any revolt rate, areas are developed and contributing to GB economy... but I can't get anything short of a white peace out of them. When I offer them a peace, I seem to have no other option that to ask for reparations... but really, I have occupied their entore country, 2 money a turn is.... less that satisfactory. Is this really working as intented, and if it is, what am I doing wrong ?

Thanks!
    "Insanity is my only means of relaxation"

Quote Originally Posted by Don Malloy View Post
    2 questions:

1: I seem to remember this working, but lately I've noticed that units in occupied Siam (I'm playing GB) are not getting reinforcements on units (I've only looked at Indian units specifically).
    I assume you have ample numbers of the right replacements in stock. Do you have excess supplies available at the location where the units are in rest and recovery?

2: This is imbarrasing. I've played the game for months now, and I've yet to figure out how the peace process works.So for, whenever I'm being contacted by someone I'm at war with (specifically Siam) they're always offering a white peace. Their entire terretory is occupied, a large part of it protectorates, all with military units in them. There's hardly any revolt rate, areas are developed and contributing to GB economy... but I can't get anything short of a white peace out of them. When I offer them a peace, I seem to have no other option that to ask for reparations... but really, I have occupied their entore country, 2 money a turn is.... less that satisfactory. Is this really working as intented, and if it is, what am I doing wrong ?

Thanks!
    I don't believe that Great Britain has any territorial claims in Siam. You would need to change the Options to allow Extended Claims when offering a peace treaty in which you ask for their neighboring territory.

I have another issue concerning peace treaties. Playing Prussia it took over 3 years until the french wanted to cede both alsace and lorraine.
    A good part of these 3 years consisted of having mainland france occupied and chasing the occasional resistance force. France now sends me a proposal for peace every second turn, offering money, alsace, lorraine and some colony. Since I dont need these unimportant islands and have accumulated enough WS to claim the colony I want, I reject their offers and in the following turn send my own proposal. However, since France is sending their proposal every 2nd turn, my diplomatic action gets 'overridden' and is no longer valid.

Long story short, this is how it always happens:
    Turn 1) France sends their proposal for peace, I reject it.
    Turn 2) I send my own proposal to the french
    Turn 3) France sends their proposal for peace, again, hence rendering my proposal invalid

The problem is that in Turn 1 and 3 it is impossible to send any diplomatic actions to France yourself.
    What is needed here is an option to send an counterproposal right when you receive the peace offer

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Garnet View Post
    I assume you have ample numbers of the right replacements in stock. Do you have excess supplies available at the location where the units are in rest and recovery?

I don't believe that Great Britain has any territorial claims in Siam. You would need to change the Options to allow Extended Claims when offering a peace treaty in which you ask for their neighboring territory.
    1: jup, lots of supplies of both kinds, same goes for reinplacements. I tried to move one of the stacks into India (large city, lvl2 depot, railroad & harbour), same result.

2: Arh, so it's the territorial claims that's the problem. I'll see if messing around with the extended option will result in a different result.

1: jup, lots of supplies of both kinds, same goes for reinplacements. I tried to move one of the stacks into India (large city, lvl2 depot, railroad & harbour), same result.
    Any suggestions on this, game is unplayable at this time, Indian Units in India falling apart, no replacements arriving. It's either bugged, or the whole replacement phase seriously illogical.

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Any suggestions on this, game is unplayable at this time, Indian Units in India falling apart, no replacements arriving. It's either bugged, or the whole replacement phase seriously illogical.
    Well, we need to look at the exact situation ... why your problem is happening.
    Do you have a saved game with the problem?
    -------

Well, we need to look at the exact situation ... why your problem is happening.
    Do you have a saved game with the problem?
    Yessir, where do you want the savegame mailed to?

I first noticed units not getting reinforcements in Siam, I moved a few infantry units back to Calcutta, same problem. I'm not ecperiencing this with african and GB units, at least I have not noticed it.

Thanks in advance!

You can compress the current turn files and send them over to:
    fernando.turi@ageod.net
    -------

supplies?
    is the total amount of supplies needed by all my forces listed anywhere? along with the total production of all the cities/habours ect? or does it just occur locally? how can i find out if i need to generate more supplies by upgrading harbours ect?

what are the supplies factories produce and i can trade on the market? how does the button on the f4 screen convert/stockpile supplies?

Quote Originally Posted by andymort1983 View Post
    supplies?
    is the total amount of supplies needed by all my forces listed anywhere? along with the total production of all the cities/habours ect? or does it just occur locally? how can i find out if i need to generate more supplies by upgrading harbours ect?[/b]
    No global total is shown. Use the supplies filter (hotkey 2) to see if supplies are piling up as much as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by andymort1983 View Post
    what are the supplies factories produce and i can trade on the market? how does the button on the f4 screen convert/stockpile supplies?
    From draft revised manual:

"Supplies come in two forms – Field Supplies are those present on the map and usable by your armies and fleets in the field. They are created intrinsically by every city, depot and port (an anchorage or coaling station only creates a little General Supply) on the map and their locations are visible in the Supply Filter (hotkey 2). Commodity Supplies are manufactured by certain Cityscape industrial structures such as Arsenals and appear as products in your stockpile, shown on the Ministry of Industry and Commerce Screen (hotkey F4). Commodity Supplies can be bought and sold on the market or are converted into Field Supplies if the conversion button at the top right of that screen is activated (conversion is the default setting, but is often unnecessary). Unsupplied Units are usually due to Supplies not reaching the Unit – a distribution problem – rather than any global lack of Supplies.

Each form of Supply comes in two types: General Supply and Ammunition. Both are produced and distributed in a similar fashion but are accounted for separately. General Supply represents items used by military Units to maintain their manpower in good fighting order (food, water, clothing, etc.). Ammunition represents the supply of munitions that military Units expend in combat (bullets, gunpowder, cannon shot, etc.). Military Units (including naval vessels) require General Supply each turn to maintain their operational efficiency. Ammunition is required only when military Units engage in combat.

Supplies carried by Units are tracked and used by individual element. Most regulars carry about 2 months of General Supply and Ammo for two rounds of fire combat, which is often sufficient for two battles of average length. Irregulars and guerrillas carry some more. They will try to replenish their stockpile each monthly supply phase. Hover the cursor over a Force’s cauldron or cannonball icon to check how much General Supply and Ammunition it’s carrying."

"Conversion of Commodity Supplies to Field Supplies at their fixed ratio. This allows for greater player involvement in the production of critical war materials, without relying solely on the intrinsic production of Ports, Depots and Cities. Conversion can’t occur if the capital is besieged."

"For the stockpiled commodities General Supply and Ammo, the conversion is not based on their monetary value but is done by breaking them into the actual Units of General Supply and Ammo they represent and distributing them as Field Supplies through the capital region in the monthly supply distribution phase. This directly boosts Supplies available in the homeland and through Maritime Trade Boxes."
    Last edited by Sir Garnet; 20-09-2011 at 13:15. Reason: Missing quote mark

fernando.turi@ageod.net
    Mailed.

Thanks

fernando.turi@ageod.net
    Hey,

I wonder if you've had a chance to check out the savegame?

Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 41 ... LastLast