Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 17 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick Questions / Quick answers

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSengokuPride of NationsEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Don Malloy View Post
    THanks Bash!

And as to merchant fleets, I've got 20 points into reinforcements (lacking to reinforce ~1200 hits) but no units are reinforced. As mentioned before trade areas should reinforce (I've tried passige and defensive posture) but no luck.
    Sorry, I have never tried to rebuild merchant fleets. Like you, I have read in the forums that these units rebuild in trade areas, but I have no experience. Perhaps, merchant fleets rebuild cohesion in trade areas, but need a anchorage/harbour/naval base to reinforce?
    PoN Beta & Researcher
    The most significant event of the Twentieth Century will be the fact that the North Americans speak English.

Otto von Bismarck (1815-1898)

THanks Bash!

And as to merchant fleets, I've got 20 points into reinforcements (lacking to reinforce ~1200 hits) but no units are reinforced. As mentioned before trade areas should reinforce (I've tried passige and defensive posture) but no luck.
    My experience is you need 1.02b to get the hits back in MTBs.
    PoN Beta

And I'm running 1.02...

Can I update without screwing up my savegame, not interested in replaying the first 10 years for the #%&&# time
    "Insanity is my only means of relaxation"

And I'm running 1.02...

Can I update without screwing up my savegame, not interested in replaying the first 10 years for the #%&&# time
    I think the only issue is that with 1.02b you can get strange loyalty values - like the Confederates having 8% loyalty in a range of European regions - but it doesn't have much effect.
    PoN Beta

Quote Originally Posted by sagji View Post
    I think the only issue is that with 1.02b you can get strange loyalty values - like the Confederates having 8% loyalty in a range of European regions - but it doesn't have much effect.
    That actually was already the case in previous versions

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Boernes View Post
    That actually was already the case in previous versions
    I'm really quite sure that it never actually occurred before 1.02b, in 1.02 it was totally fine. Loyalties were WAD up until 1.02b my friend :P

No they werent, at least in the game we are playing. Foreign loyalty started to show up with the beginning of the indian mutiny, and happened more than a couple of RL-months ago. 1.02b was only released last month

No they werent, at least in the game we are playing. Foreign loyalty started to show up with the beginning of the indian mutiny, and happened more than a couple of RL-months ago. 1.02b was only released last month
    Conflict in Europe started using a quickfix long before 1.02b came out. I think it is likely we were using a quickfix when the mutiny started.
    PoN Beta

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by sagji View Post
    Conflict in Europe started using a quickfix long before 1.02b came out. I think it is likely we were using a quickfix when the mutiny started.
    Yeah, like sagji says the MP game has other fixes on it as well as official quickfixes and patches. In a single player game with the usual 1.02 on it, it has no loyalty issues until 1.02b.

Mechant/transport ships in the MTB should forward supplies, according to the manual (and my game experience, too).

However, what does it depend on whether they actually carry supplies or not?

I used to receive a message saying that ships in X MTB forwarded Y supply out of their maximum of Z.

However, once I simply stopped receiving these messages. So, are there any further/special conditions which must be fulfilled so that supply is forwarded?

Maybe you produce enough supplies there, so the merchants dont need to bring any more additional supplies, or you already have enough supplies stored there.

If I make lock, and I lock up door to my house, there is any skill to destroy lock and enter?

Dunno if trolling or just chose wrong forums ...

To answer your question: Use a key

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Dunno if trolling or just chose wrong forums ...

To answer your question: Use a key
    I think he's a Salem fellow...

A lot of you guys are mentioning a collection of some quick fixes and patches (in connection with 1.02b patch). Is there a link to some mod section or smth like that where those fixes are described and more importantly downloadable?
    But then again, being blind substantially opens up ones dating pool

They're available in the AGEOD Forums

They're available in the AGEOD Forums
    do you mean this one:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthrea...r-the-fearless

because here are just two small newspaper and notify fixes, I was hoping for something more...um, usable
    But then again, being blind substantially opens up ones dating pool

Quote Originally Posted by Spricar View Post
    do you mean this one:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthrea...r-the-fearless

because here are just two small newspaper and notify fixes, I was hoping for something more...um, usable
    No he meant Quickfix 1.02b
    PoN Beta

Sergeant
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

American Civil War

It is summer of 1861, and I am playing as the Union in a PBEM campaign (the other guy is France, so he is not part of this question). After several months of war, I cannot recruit any military units, and have not been able to do so since the war began (though I could before this), because I am recruiting two officers every turn, and every turn, two officers are retiring. So I have a total of one officer, and have since the war began.

How do I recruit more officers?

As a minor aside, I am bemused by who is in my army. My best general is Joe Johnston, whom I would not expect to see in the Union Army. And when the war began, not only was the "Memphis Garrison" in Baltimore, so were brigades from Alabama and Tennessee. Elsewhere, the Union Army has brigades from Texas in its ranks, and I am beginning to wonder (since I do not recognize the names of any Union General other than Winfield Scott, who was there before the war began) if somehow, my generals and units, or some of them, have "galvanized" and been flipped to the wrong side.

Thanks for any input on the recruiting issue.

B.C. Milligan
    You've got to have a dream, before you can have a nightmare.

Europa Universalis 3

Quote Originally Posted by Remise View Post
    It is summer of 1861, and I am playing as the Union in a PBEM campaign (the other guy is France, so he is not part of this question). After several months of war, I cannot recruit any military units, and have not been able to do so since the war began (though I could before this), because I am recruiting two officers every turn, and every turn, two officers are retiring. So I have a total of one officer, and have since the war began.

How do I recruit more officers?

As a minor aside, I am bemused by who is in my army. My best general is Joe Johnston, whom I would not expect to see in the Union Army. And when the war began, not only was the "Memphis Garrison" in Baltimore, so were brigades from Alabama and Tennessee. Elsewhere, the Union Army has brigades from Texas in its ranks, and I am beginning to wonder (since I do not recognize the names of any Union General other than Winfield Scott, who was there before the war began) if somehow, my generals and units, or some of them, have "galvanized" and been flipped to the wrong side.

Thanks for any input on the recruiting issue.

B.C. Milligan
    Hmm, there should be an event to clear up Joe Johnston and all other CSA generals, as well as to activate civil war era leaders as well (see event file USA Generals Events, it is clear as day there). I am unsure why you still have them. What version are you using?

As to officers, while not an official version, I am working on a mod dealing with manpower and forcepools (along with other aspects), which should rememdy shorfalls of officers and conscripts based upon certain situations (i.e., the USA should have very little access to manpower in peacetime, but, at war a boost should happen based upon mobilizaiton).
    Pride of Nations Volunteer

Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 17 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast