Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 12 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick Questions / Quick answers

Quote Originally Posted by glennbob View Post
    Well good luck to you sir, I hope you succeed in your mission on making the game more realistic and interesting In all honesty though, it is actually still nearly impossible to colonise the interior or africa for the first few years now because of lack of technology at the start, I am pretty pleased with what the recent patch has done :P
    Well, in all honesty, it should be fairly near impossible to colonize the coast too.
    Look at a map of Africa from 1870 and match it up to a typical PON game.
    MJL
    The New Glory of France, a PON Beta AAR:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...a-Version-1.02

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

You always mention 1870, would an 1870 start date make you a lot happier? or do you feel that by doing that you would miss out too much?

Not sure what the best start date would be.
    Different regions are different.
    I think for colonialism, 1870-1875 would be the best.
    For Italy, late 1850s.
    For Germany, early 1860s.
    I think the contest for German re-unification and Italian re-unification and the whole issue of inter-power politics is incredibly interesting and fascinating, especially in a well played MP game.
    I think the best thing is to start 1850, and just rush through a lot of the period up until the late 1850s by having the AI control everybody and stopping every few months to keep the economies off of life support and put down a few revolts.
    I'm aiming to do a Prussia AAR based on that in May, with a completely new set of events for Prussia and for German re-unification in general.
    MJL
    The New Glory of France, a PON Beta AAR:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...a-Version-1.02

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Yeah i think you're totally right about that. I think different starting dates should have been implemented right from the start but ah well, I myself have not played a MP game and couldnt see myself becoming too interested in doing one either really :P good luck with your AAR, hope its as good as, or better than, your french one

A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

What's the deal with the Senegambia region? It's a protectorate for France, but already has a governor's residence as well. When you get the CP high enough for colony, it should switch to colony, but it stays protectorate without the ability to drop a formal colony card. What am I doing wrong?

Raise the CP in all regions of senegambia, colony status should switch automatically then

What does Krupp event exactly bring to Prussia (maby some solid numbers)? I've read that Gerichts Zeitung, but it was nothing specific.

in detail:
    ChgVPCount = 250
    ChangeResStock = $merCapital;250
    ChangeResStock = $merGoods;175
    ChangeResStock = $merSteel;50
    ChangeResStock = $merAmmo;50
    ChangeIntrProd = $merSteel;10

in short:
    resources and Prestige

Another question. Whenever I build fortress or military outpost (colonial card) does it come with garrison of it's by default like trade outpost or do I need to garrison it manually?

Quote Originally Posted by Qitbuqa View Post
    Another question. Whenever I build fortress or military outpost (colonial card) does it come with garrison of it's by default like trade outpost or do I need to garrison it manually?
    Each level of fort comes with an intrinsic division of fortress infantry. IIRC a military outpost is the same but only a single regiment.
    PoN Beta

Browsing through some of the naval OOBs I noticed that in some cases naval units are understrength (naval unit of frigates has 2 or 3 elements instead of 4 which is standard for that type of combat unit). Is there a way to supplement that unit with 1 or 2 additional vessels to raise it to the standard value? Also why disbanding obsolete units has a PP penalty?

Quote Originally Posted by Qitbuqa View Post
    Browsing through some of the naval OOBs I noticed that in some cases naval units are understrength (naval unit of frigates has 2 or 3 elements instead of 4 which is standard for that type of combat unit). Is there a way to supplement that unit with 1 or 2 additional vessels to raise it to the standard value? Also why disbanding obsolete units has a PP penalty?
    Put it in passive mode in a port and have sufficient replacements of the correct type - for frigates that is light warship, and you need 1 per missing element.
    PoN Beta

Quote Originally Posted by sagji View Post
    Put it in passive mode in a port and have sufficient replacements of the correct type - for frigates that is light warship, and you need 1 per missing element.
    Perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough - Those naval combat units are understrength at turn #1. Will the method you described above work in the case of these units?

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the Eagles
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

It will. Some units start understrength the game.
    My AARs
    -------->>> The House of Zähringen <<<--------
    -------->>> Bismarck's Spirit <<<--------

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSengokuPride of NationsEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Sagji is correct.

Some naval units begin the game under strength. They can be brought up to full strength by placing the units in passive mode in a naval base. You will also need to have naval replacement (F3 screen) chits for the correct unit types.
    PoN Beta & Researcher
    The most significant event of the Twentieth Century will be the fact that the North Americans speak English.

Otto von Bismarck (1815-1898)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Bash View Post
    Sagji is correct.

Some naval units begin the game under strength. They can be brought up to full strength by placing the units in passive mode in a naval base. You will also need to have naval replacement (F3 screen) chits for the correct unit types.
    Funny is that F3 sreen won't show any need for light warship replacements, only ground troops (historic attrition FTL) ar indicated as in need of replacements. So should I guess the navy needs or what? Currently I've got 2 units of frigates that were 3 elements strong at the start of the GC.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSengokuPride of NationsEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I do not remember the start up, but for GBR you get F3 screen showing a need for light warships replacement chits. If not at the start, you get the need pretty soon.
    PoN Beta & Researcher
    The most significant event of the Twentieth Century will be the fact that the North Americans speak English.

Otto von Bismarck (1815-1898)

Cities in MotionDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Does the F3 replacement screen show if units are missing entire elements, or only the number of hits needing to be repaired on existing elements?

For example, if a brigade should have two 32-hit elements, and only has one which is at 16 strength, will the F3 screen show that 16 or 48 replacements are needed?

Quote Originally Posted by StephenT View Post
    Does the F3 replacement screen show if units are missing entire elements, or only the number of hits needing to be repaired on existing elements?

For example, if a brigade should have two 32-hit elements, and only has one which is at 16 strength, will the F3 screen show that 16 or 48 replacements are needed?
    I think it only shows hit to already existing elements and does not show missing element(s) as hit(s). IIRC, I had "understrenght" units (i.e. with not the max allowed elements) and no hits were shown on the F3 screen. I may be wrong, though.

Quote Originally Posted by nemethand View Post
    I think it only shows hit to already existing elements and does not show missing element(s) as hit(s). IIRC, I had "understrenght" units (i.e. with not the max allowed elements) and no hits were shown on the F3 screen. I may be wrong, though.
    And did you manage to bring those understrength units, that had elements missing from turn #1, back to full strength later in the game or did they remain understrength for the duration of your CG?

Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 12 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast