Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 10 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick Questions / Quick answers

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIIron Cross
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2

I'm having a Prussian game in the fall 1860 and von Moltke the Elder, nor von Roon still hasn't showed up. When will they show up ingame?

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the Eagles
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Have you raised enough armies?
    My AARs
    -------->>> The House of Zähringen <<<--------
    -------->>> Bismarck's Spirit <<<--------

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIIron Cross
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2

Yeah, I have 4 full armies ~48CP (containing 3 corps and some other elements), 5 independent corps and some divisions.

As Prussia I've got 2 stacks that have only commanders in them, namely - AdmiralStab for navy and Haupt Quarter for army. Can they be considered as C-in-C? Thing is the commander commanding Haupt Quarter actually has less seniority than for example commander who is assigned to command 3. Armee. I've read in the manual that C-in-C is a commander with highest seniority and also have read that you can "activate" C-in-C. So how do I "activate" it and how come, if commander commanding Haupt Quarter is C-in-C he has less seniority than commander commanding 3. Armee?

The C-in-C for a theatre is the 3* general with the most seniority (lowest value) - it doesn't matter what they command.
    You don't need to activate them - activation is determined by strategic value.
    PoN Beta

Does a defensive agreement include passage- and supply rights; or do I need to sign those as well?

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the Eagles
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

It does. The only thing you can do after that for the extra boost is state visits now and then.
    My AARs

Very well, thanks. So when does the new batch of diplomats arrive in our mp-game? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by PoN v1.02 manual, page 180
    Special Ability Icon Definition

There are over 500 special abilities. Hover the mouse cursor over a Special Ability’s icon to display a tooltip with useful information.
    A list is provided in the PON section of the Paradox Forum.
    Couldn't find afore mentioned list describing those special abilites. Perhaps someone could direct me the right way?
    Last edited by Qitbuqa; 17-02-2012 at 13:28. Reason: typos

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

When appear new military commanders? I have some death (too much alcohol) and I hope that fighting rebels will promote some new commander, but it looks like wrong way ...

Quote Originally Posted by Qitbuqa View Post
    Couldn't find afore mentioned list describing those special abilites. Perhaps someone could direct me the right way?
    Code:
    \VGN\GameData\Abilities\
    but just for the list, what they do exactly is probably in the spreadsheet files in the GameRules folder
    My AARs

Quote Originally Posted by Matto View Post
    When appear new military commanders? I have some death (too much alcohol) and I hope that fighting rebels will promote some new commander, but it looks like wrong way ...
    There are two mechanisms.

First some leaders appear at a specific date, in which case they will appear regardless.

Second each nation has a minimum number of leaders of each type, if you fall below this level you immediately get a replacement.
    PoN Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Kensai7 View Post
    Code:
    \VGN\GameData\Abilities\
    but just for the list, what they do exactly is probably in the spreadsheet files in the GameRules folder
    Maby I didn't express myself clear enough, so I'll try to clarify - I'm interested in what certain abilities (that have no clear description) do? For example nationality/ethnicity traits? Also, I didn't manage to locate that GameRules folder.

You can deduce some things by opening each ability. But not always. There is no GameRules folder, apologies, it is just a file inside the Settings folder. In this folder you will find the spreadsheets as well.
    My AARs

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Semper FiVictoria 2

Why are there so many saved games, when I only saved the game once.......it seems to save for each major country? So, when I try go to load the saved game, there is a long list and in different colors, rather confusing to my eyes. Why not just My saved game? (and of course, MANY more when I have tried to play a little with this or that country....the list could become endless.)

Quote Originally Posted by joetabler View Post
    Why are there so many saved games, when I only saved the game once.......it seems to save for each major country? So, when I try go to load the saved game, there is a long list and in different colors, rather confusing to my eyes. Why not just My saved game? (and of course, MANY more when I have tried to play a little with this or that country....the list could become endless.)
    This happened to med too, but all those save games comes from one folder in the save game directory, so if you can identify which one it is just delete it and all those save games will disappear.

I just finished building a railroad, and the tooltip says the transport level is only 70%. Shouldn't it be a 100%?

It is true that prior to building a railroad I did not improve the roads.

You mean the transport level when hovering the cursor over a factory? If yes then maybe the region has its collection point in a adjacent region without railroad. If you mean development level, then it will improve turn by turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Boernes View Post
    You mean the transport level when hovering the cursor over a factory? If yes then maybe the region has its collection point in a adjacent region without railroad. If you mean development level, then it will improve turn by turn.
    Yes, the first case - transportation level. So, I have to build a railroad in the collection point, too?

yes, or you build a collection point in the region with railroads

Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 10 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast