Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick Questions / Quick answers

Erzherzog von Osterreich Habsburg's Avatar

Prussia, 1853

I have Hannover at 93, the two Hessens at 77/76, Saxony at 73, and Holstein at 48.

1. Does the Northern Confederation event have a start date, or can it fire at any time?

2. Unification cards? Use them on each nation - rinse and repeat? Hog them all on to say Holstein or Hannover? (lowest or highest score) Hoard them like gold (mine!)? Start sending them south?

Thanks
    Premier of Spain in Rise of Nations II, Vic MP game
    England in Languish Universalis V

Liberté, egalité, fraternité StephenT's Avatar
    Cities in MotionDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Habsburg View Post
    . Unification cards? Use them on each nation - rinse and repeat? Hog them all on to say Holstein or Hannover? (lowest or highest score) Hoard them like gold (mine!)? Start sending them south?
    Use them on one country at a time until you get their loyalty to 60% - an event should then appear in your log telling you they now support unification. Then start on another country.

Vielen Danken!

Quote Originally Posted by Habsburg View Post
    Prussia, 1853

I have Hannover at 93, the two Hessens at 77/76, Saxony at 73, and Holstein at 48.

1. Does the Northern Confederation event have a start date, or can it fire at any time?

2. Unification cards? Use them on each nation - rinse and repeat? Hog them all on to say Holstein or Hannover? (lowest or highest score) Hoard them like gold (mine!)? Start sending them south?

Thanks
    1 - yes 1860.
    PoN Beta

Thanks.

New Unification question.

Got a notice two weeks ago (in game) that Saxony was really to join my Nation (or ready for German uni?)

Is it possible to annex Saxony or Holstein (et all) individually or only through scripted events events?

Not really trying to get anything going too early, just curious.

Liberté, egalité, fraternité StephenT's Avatar
    Cities in MotionDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Not sure. In my own Prussia game I got that event for Hannover, Saxony and the two Hessens, and then soon after 1860, the North German Confederation event took place.

1860 is the earliest you can annex other German states using the NGF or similar events. But the event might kick in later so if it's 1 January, 1860 and you can't annex, don't freak.
    MJL
    The New Glory of France, a PON Beta AAR:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...a-Version-1.02

Thanks for the info.

I love this game!
    Victoria (original) was one of my favourite games, this is way more fun/in-depth.

1860+ is plenty fine, I've got enough to do through the 50s.

Corporal
    Crusader Kings IINaval War: Arctic Circle

Hello! Two questions about Leader Activation:

1 - What the game tries to simulate with Leaders become inactive?

2 - What can I do to activate an inactive leader? Other than wait...

[When I start the campaign of the Risorgimento, with S-P, the army of Napoleon III begins and remains inactive, and it is impossible to win (at least for me)]

Inactive simulates a leader who does not want to move his army for whatever reason. Afraid of the enemy, needs training, etc. Google McClellan and you see the ultimate example. You can break the army up, leaving the senior General in command of a small part and letting the good generals take over the majority. Costs a bit of command penalty but at least you can do something.
    Nothing else to do other than wait.
    MJL

Corporal
    Crusader Kings IINaval War: Arctic Circle

Thanks, montgomeryjlion. I read about McClellan.
    I just got the campaign of the Risorgimento (finally win in this game ), though not achieve the goals, only to earn more points. This is because Napoleon III and Victor Emmanuel were rather inactive turn yes, turn not, sometimes one, sometimes another. It was impossible to act fast! As I had to wait, I could not achieve the goals on time. But there is much to read and reread the manual.

Building Merchants

How do you build new Merchant Fleets? Can you build replacements? I'm playing as Great Britain in the 1850s and can't seem to create either new Merchant Fleets or replacements as the French sink them (got in a war over Fiji of all places!) Thanks for any help you can provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo5432 View Post
    How do you build new Merchant Fleets? Can you build replacements? I'm playing as Great Britain in the 1850s and can't seem to create either new Merchant Fleets or replacements as the French sink them (got in a war over Fiji of all places!) Thanks for any help you can provide.
    There is a a finite number you can build. Not sure if British start built out. Should be under build menu all the way to the right. Just keep scrolling.
    Replacements are received automatically. Just keep the ships in passive (Green) mode. May have to be brought home to a Naval base and parked for a few months.
    MJL

Merchant Fleets

Thanks, Montgomeryjilion. Britain must be built out. I assumed they'd be next to Railroads but there is no icon there. Thanks - I was thinking it was operator error!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo5432 View Post
    Thanks, Montgomeryjilion. Britain must be built out. I assumed they'd be next to Railroads but there is no icon there. Thanks - I was thinking it was operator error!
    No, it would be under the Military build menu, not the economic build menu.
    Go to military mode (The helmet), select build, select the anchor filter, and move over to the right.
    MJL

Don't touch my (War) junks.

Playing as Qing (user mod), I just researched sailing ship of the lines. And then I discovered I could no longer build war junks, just junk riverine transports and paddlewheel riverine transports. I could neither build any ships of the line.

Looking at the tech files, it seems researching sail ships of the line make my war junk force pool disappear (-999), while adding 5 SOTL to my forcepool. Do i need a ship building facility or naval base to build SOTL? My navy is 3 Warjunk squadrons and I think he inability to get anymore fighting ships is going to be dangerous.

Also at what tech would I be able to build ocean going merchant ships?

When can I annex the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom. They just keep spawning in the areas where there are some loyalty to them, and as far as I know declaring martial law by garissoning units do NOT seem to be helping my loyalty problems. Contentment is 50% and militancy /revolt risk is still 2percent it seems.

I know colonials troops are good for fighting native uprisings, but what should I send as china? A full cav with muskets banner seem to eat up too much supply. would a cav warband be enough power? Trying to get out of the supply nightmare that is Tibet and mongolia between smacking down taiping rebels.

How to you claim a region that you do not own? E.g I read that Prussia could claim Alsace. And how do you know what regions you can claim? I'm playing as France and I would like to try to claim some regions.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusFlexus View Post
    How to you claim a region that you do not own? E.g I read that Prussia could claim Alsace. And how do you know what regions you can claim? I'm playing as France and I would like to try to claim some regions.
    According to the manual, you automatically get claims on a region if at least 25% of the people are your ethnicity (french) ot it has 25% loyalty to your state. Basically give enough of the people there french passports, or get your people to immigrate there.

Apparently at 50% ethnicity or loyalty if the region is contiguous to your nation it becomes national territory where you can "fight to the last drop of peasants blood".

Or by turning on 'Extended Claims' in the games options

Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast