• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
By the way, did you take just one middle Aceh province so you will get "border frictions" on the rest?

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And why didn't you take the province you ave a core on from Ming? Too low war score? Or you want a cassus belli against Xia? ;)

I did. Look at the peace treaty again.

Also looks like a few images broke when I was formatting, will fix those D:

Edit: Nope, they're okay. Weird. If any of the pictures are showing as 'picture not found' just reload and they should display okay. All the links are right

Wait, how the hell did you manage that? Could you at least give *some* information on used tactics?

...this would be a war of attrition and they had been planning for this for 50 years. Our farms and villages were burned to the ground by our own hands, and the people scattered. A harsh, cruel tactic - but a necessary one.

When the machine comes to Ryukyu it finds no bread, no water, no life. It finds only death.

Pretty good hint there. Not the most ethical strategy but an army marches on its stomach, and 45000 men sieging a province do not have much morale when they have to start eating their own comrades. The screenshots make it look like it was roughly even unit stacks, but that first battle was about 45 units on the Ming side

I also didn't draft my vassals into the war so this really was just Ryukyu vs Ming (albeit it all my provinces are getting wrecked by rebels and the eastern indian minors, hahaha). Although it would've given me an extra 12000 men or so it would've also meant I would be getting attacked through the wall into all my provinces at once.

Also just as a sidenote I played an extra 6 months or so after that peace declaration and it really is just a bunch of 3-4k armies roaming around. Will be easy to recover that, but my yearly income has dropped to FIVE again. That's what I started with!

I'd love to know how you managed this as well. Trying a Mongol Khanate game at the moment and fighting ming seems impossible. I have around the same size army as you as well.

Enlighten us ^^

Edit: Ah you already posted on this now. Scorching provinces it is then. :)

Subscribed. You have some serious skills at this!

Also, Claims on our Rivals only give cores on neighbouring provinces AFAIK. Might be worth it to get a border with your rivals?

Trying a Mongol Khanate game at the moment and fighting ming seems impossible. ... Scorching provinces it is then. :)

You've gotta do a bit more than that. Lure them into a scorched bottleneck 2-3 provinces deep. Until that Ming manpower pool starts depleting you're not gonna stand a chance. With my manpowe reserves it's only 2-3 losses before my entire manpower pool is gone, and it only comes back at around 900/month.

Just pick your battles. They will capture a few provinces, there's not much you can do about that. I'd suggest you try an annex an island nation (... most likely Ryukyu! Hahahaha). So that the land armies can't get a 100% war score on you. Once Ming starts sending units off to siege islands it eases up a lot of tension on the mainland.

I think when I made the peace deal my warscore was only about 1%, with only the one province captured. Ming still had 2-3 of mine I think. But they had over 24 war exhaustion and -2 or -3 stability. I think it was near 0% capacity too.

Here's a little comparison from the end of Chapter 5 save game. The game thinks playing as Ryukyu is about as challenging as playing as Ming!

nations.jpg

Thanks for the advice. Sadly, since I am a horde I cannot take island nations, because I cannot declare war on non-neighbours. I guess the best way is to up their war exhaustion, by conquering provinces (maybe hoping to keep them for 3 years to become mine) of them, or trying to lure them into scorched land, 100% warscore doesn't matter since they can't colonise, actually its good when it happens because I automatically concede defeat (not even pay tribute).

But thanks, I got new inspiration to try it again!

So far Im really impressed by this AAR and I wonder how you will do against the westerners. However, you have been insanely lucky with those claims on our rivals events, how is that even possible to get them that many times... ^^

Thanks for the advice. Sadly, since I am a horde I cannot take island nations, because I cannot declare war on non-neighbours

Aye, YOU can't but KOREA can.................................... (work out the rest)

However, you have been insanely lucky with those claims on our rivals events, how is that even possible to get them that many times... ^^

Because in Divine Wind an event ALWAYS fires around 6th October, and I'm almost 60 years into the game. Events fire outside of this time too so I've probably had 100+ random events. I've had at least 50 stability/inflation/infamy increasing events so really it kind of balances out. I don't think I've gotten more than 10 or so cores altogether from the claims events.

Re: Ming I wouldn't recommend holding provinces to increase their WE. It takes at least a month to move between provinces and in the time that you take a third Ming will have reclaimed the first and conquered most of your lands. A good strategy is to take 3 or 4 1k cavalry stacks with good leader Manuv and just charge around the back of China - the armies will PROBABLY follow at least one or two of them when you start sieging but you should be able to outrun them, as long as you don't play with 5x game speed (why would you at war??).

Just something I've observed, being allied with Xia, and the very placement of that nation, it seems that the coast of Ming is open to you still, despite the country being very significantly injured.
I've uh... heard that the coast of China is somewhat valuable.
You've done great so far though, keep up the good work, Ryukyu.

Just something I've observed, being allied with Xia, and the very placement of that nation, it seems that the coast of Ming is open to you still, despite the country being very significantly injured.
I've uh... heard that the coast of China is somewhat valuable.
You've done great so far though, keep up the good work, Ryukyu.

This wasn't something I considered - it's also in my culture group, I believe (Japanese and Chinese are in same group right?) Thanks for the advice. Once I've stablised a little (both literal stability and everything else) I'll probably drag Xia into a Ming war and get them to release another nation whilst I secure a few of those coastal provinces. Would be REALLY nice to get hold of Nanjing and get it Animist. >: D

Hmmm... time to compare which asian superpower is stronger and cooler :cool:...

Diplomacy: Ryukyu has a multitude of states which will offer assistance to their overlor... erm... friend. Also atm less countries want to kill it ;) 1:0

Religion: Ryukyu has a cool rhinoceros (despite not even knowing that they exist!) and Ming has some abstract black and white face turned 90 degrees. 2:0

Difficulty: The jury is out on this one, still 2:0

Rating: Ming beats Ryukyu by a whopping 2 stars! 2:2

Leader: Ryukyu's leader has a more complicated name! 3:2

Government: Both are empires, but Ming decided to be cool and extravagant by posing as 'celestial' 3:3

And finally: flag! Compared to the epic upside down space invader/dotted monster egg, the scribbles that Ming uses stand no chance! After a tough and even game, Ryukyu wins by 4:3!!!

Well, now you are the dominating Asian superpower and nothing on this side of the Caucasus can stop you :D

Difficulty: The jury is out on this one, still 2:0

I just went to load the autosave which is only a few months later (spoiler: leaving the game paused in the background for 4 hours and forgetting it is running leads to THIS PROGRAM HAS STOPPED WORKING) and Ryukyu's difficulty slider is actually about 20% now.

Also atm less countries want to kill it 1:0

That's because they're all in a truce with me, lol

a rhinoceros? :p I always thought it was a boar :p still unlikely that they know it. Animist WC is infinitely more awesome than sunni ryuukyuu :p

I just noticed, what countries are those who ming is at war with? Isnt that Najd and the mamluks?

a rhinoceros? :p I always thought it was a boar :p still unlikely that they know it. Animist WC is infinitely more awesome than sunni ryuukyuu :p

I just noticed, what countries are those who ming is at war with? Isnt that Najd and the mamluks?

The horns of the Ryukyu rhino are very small.

I just had a look at the savegame and yeah.. it is the Mamelukian Jihad against Ming Started 1462, with Najd as an ally. I... don't know how they know of each other. I just loaded in as Ming and Ming can see their capitals but nothing else. They have about 30 provinces of terra incognita seperating them, let alone the rest of the countries. Not exactly sure why they are at war.

HERE'S A TREAT FOR YOU ALL:
asia1463.jpg

The horns of the Ryukyu rhino are very small.

I just had a look at the savegame and yeah.. it is the Mamelukian Jihad against Ming Started 1462, with Najd as an ally. I... don't know how they know of each other. I just loaded in as Ming and Ming can see their capitals but nothing else. They have about 30 provinces of terra incognita seperating them, let alone the rest of the countries. Not exactly sure why they are at war.

Mamelukes must be defender of faith and Ming somehow is in a war with a Muslim Indian State...

I guess it will be a pretty good AAR even if it doesn't in WC.

Keep it up!

Someone's read Rastar's Malacca AAR ;)

Great work!