• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good evening guys. I'm sorry to say that this will be the end of my first aar and I will probably end up deleting this thread if possible. The cause is quite odd, but whenever I boot up hoi3, as soon as I enter the campaign and START time, the game crashes. It all started when I downloaded Vicky 2. Luckily, I use steam, so I'm thinking of deleting local content and restarting. Sorry to dissapoint if anyone actually read this. I'm not going to delete anything till tomorrow, so if anyone has any ideas on how to save this aar, please post them.

You see? A victorious France is so sci-fi that causes the game to crash :D

Just kidding ;)

That's a real shame -- have you thought about posting something in the tech support forum? I for one have really enjoyed this AAR and would hate to see it die.

Well, I have good news. The bug was luckily the game and not the save file, so I just copied the save file, and put it straight back in the folder when I had reinstalled the game. (For once, Steam has actually done something right!!!) I should have the next update today or tomorrow. All goes well, I just need to get that officer ratio up, so I predict tech will have to be scrimped on for a month or two.

Good evening guys. I'm sorry to say that this will be the end of my first aar and I will probably end up deleting this thread if possible. The cause is quite odd, but whenever I boot up hoi3, as soon as I enter the campaign and START time, the game crashes. It all started when I downloaded Vicky 2. Luckily, I use steam, so I'm thinking of deleting local content and restarting. Sorry to dissapoint if anyone actually read this. I'm not going to delete anything till tomorrow, so if anyone has any ideas on how to save this aar, please post them.

Well, I have good news. The bug was luckily the game and not the save file, so I just copied the save file, and put it straight back in the folder when I had reinstalled the game. (For once, Steam has actually done something right!!!) I should have the next update today or tomorrow. All goes well, I just need to get that officer ratio up, so I predict tech will have to be scrimped on for a month or two.

You really scared me there, and I almost thought that I had read it in vain... But now I'm still hopeful that the imperialistic (and somewhat evil) conquest for the French empire will continue to go on.

Hurrah!

Sorry I haven't updated in ages guys, I have had personal and technical issues over the last few days. I will get back as soon as I can. I can now certainly tell you that if Germany intervenes, I will win. The only worry I have is those Japanese. In the next chapter, I annex Siam so that only brings me within further tension with the Japanese.

Detachee 6: Goodbye Siam

Phillipe: Are all preperations made? We will catch them completely off guard.
Courier: Sir! Sir! I have urgent new!!!
Nicolas: By God man! Take a breath and tell us.
Courrier: The Siamese... They have begun a full state of mobilization.
Phillipe: Damn, word must have leaked of the invasion plans.
Nicolas: We must proceed as planned.
Phillipe: Yes, send word to Paris that I am requesting the Corpe De Marine to aid me in my invasion.
Nicolas: Are you mad?!! The Corpe was just recently formed!! Recruits are still pouring in and no one is ready.
Phillipe: The Armie de Asia is currently not strong enough to take on the Siamese if they know we are coming.
Courier: So what are your orders sir?
Here follow me to the command tent, we will review the current situation.
siammap1.png

Phillipe: Nicolas, what do you suggest?
Nicolas: We must attack! We have numerical and tactical superiority.
Phillipe: Alright Nicolas, what do you suggest?
Nicolas: My plan is the following. (Draws on map)
siammap2.png

Nicolas: Here's what we do.
1. We attack on all fronts, using British India Commands aircraft to achieve superiority.
2. Ensure Bangkok is surrounded before engaging.
3. Ensure that all Siamese cities fall to French forces, to get them to surrender to us.
4. Limit the British army's involvement, to ensure the largest land grab possible.
Phillipe: How long before the Corpe de Marine is fully mobilized?
Nicolas: At least a 1 month sir.
Phillipe: What is our current strength?
ORDER OF BATTLE: GOODBYE SIAM
Siam:
1st Infantry: 3 Infantry Brigades
2nd Infantry: 3 Infantry Brigades
3rd Infantry: 3 Infantry Brigades
4th Infantry: 3 Infantry Brigades
5th Infantry: 3 Infantry Brigades
Royal Thai Police Force: 2 Garrison Brigades, 1 Military Police
2 Destroyers
1 Interceptor (outdated)
France:
17 Infantry Divisions, each comprising of 3 Infantry Brigades and 1 Artillery Battalion
3 Armoured Divisions consisting of 2 Light Armoured and 1 Motorized Infantry
2 Tactical Bombers
4 Inerceptors
6 Transports
2 Battleships
2 Heavy Cruisers
4 Light Cruisers
5 Destroyers
1 Naval Bomber
Britain(India Army):
5 Infantry Divisions consisting of 3 motorized each
1 Mountain division(????)
Singapore Garrison: 2 garrison brigades
4 Interceptor
2 Multi-role
2 Tactical Bomber
British Asiatic Fleet: 1 Battleship, 4 Heavy Cruisers, 3 Light Cruisers, 2 Destroyers

Phillipe: Send word to Paris, that I am requesting the Corpe de Marine
Nicolas: We can win.
Phillipe: No. We wait for support.
Nicolas: Just wait. THe Japanese and Germans will be upon us and we will not be ready.
Phillipe: I am in command and you will withdraw that statement, or resignation will be upon you.
Nicolas: Die in Hell, dog! (Storms out of room)
Phillipe: Go courrier, and inform Paris of Nicolas's tyraid.
Courier: (Steps outside) Nicolas, come here.
Nicolas: What?
Courier: I will inform Paris that we are ready for war. Launch the attack tomorrow morning.
Nicolas: Thankyou, I will lead the charge myself.
dowsiam.png

Next morning, French troops began their assault on the Siamese defensive positions, supported by the RAF and FRAF. After days of fighting, the French had advanced deep into Siamese territory.
siammap3.png

Nicolas soon returned to Phillipe's command post to inform him of the situation.
Phillipe: What the Hell do you think you are doing?
Nicolas: You were being a stuborn bull, so I took the situation into my own hands.
Phillipe: Just wait! The Parisian bureaucrats will tear you to pieces.
Nicolas: I don't think so. Chief Officer Gamelin commended me and awarded me a Médaille d’honneur pour acte de courage et de dévouement silver class. I also have diplomatic immunity.
Phillipe: I knew I never could trust...
Nicolas: I have also been told to inform you that unless you take the initiative against Bangkok, your resignation will be needed.
Phillipe: I would sooner die.
Nicolas: Well, I'm sorry to this but (Pulls gun)
Phillipe: Put the pistol down. Someone help me!!
Nicolas: No one can save you now!
Phillipe: Go to hell.
Nicolas: (Aims at Phillipe, but at last moment shoots himself in the leg)
Phillipe: What have you done?
Nicolas: Help! Help! The bastard shot me in the leg!!
Officer: Phillipe. Halt. By order of the French nation, you are under arrest for the attempted murder of Nicolas Prevatt!!
Phillipe: But he shot himself.
Officer: Hush. Why would a Médaille d’honneur shoot himself?
Nicolas: Take him all the way to the bureaucrats in Paris!
2 Hours Later
Nicolas: Yes courier?
Courier: I am here to inform you that you have been placed in command of Le Armie de Asia. You are replacing Phillipe.
Nicolas: Excellent, the Siamese should surrender in days.
siamsurrender.png

frenchtroopstoindochina.jpg

French troops arrive in Bangkok, just in time to receive the Siamese surrender.