• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(324003)

Corporal
1 Badges
Jun 2, 2011
  • Magicka
Hi there, just purchased the Nippon set and really liked it.
I was wondering if you guys have any plans on releasing outfits on a frequent base?
Like every two to three weeks.

Just to throw out some ideas: Cyborg/robot wizard, Ninja wizard, Zombie wizard, Vampire wizard, Businessman wizard, Pirate wizard, Astronaut wizard, Doctor wizard, Rapper wizard, Emo wizard, Hippy wizard,...

Maybe also some female wizards?

Illustration of Businessman.

2n02bte.jpg

Last edited:
I think that would be a little bit too expensive. I'd like to see big map/skin-packs like 10 costumes and 2 maps for 5 bucks.. or something like this. But $1 for one skin is way too much, especially every two weeks.

Maybe also some female wizards?
You didn't know that they are actually already female?
But about the subject. I think it's nice to have variation between characters. At current pace I probably buy every dlc. In retrospect I would probably skip the survival kit dlc because it was most boring one and the meteor shower, just like all other weather magicka, is almost completely useless and you never want to cast it or your friends to cast it.

I think that they should focus on getting the necessary content and patches out and then start working on sequel instead of hovering on this one with dlc. After that do the sequel with something similar to what the team behind portal 2 did and use micro transactions to personalize the wizard without forcing such transactions on content that are major game elements (like small map additions and magicks). I have to say what repulsed me most about portal 2 is that the prices are sky high in their content.

Last edited:
@Galebourn
I liked the idea they had with the challenge map releases, where the members could decide which of the two they wanted to be free. This could be applied on the outfits aswell, which kind of would make it $ 0,50 for each set. On the other hand, I'd prefer to buy packs aswell.

@whitebear
I can't really tell whether you're being sarcastic here.
In case you're serious, then my answer is: "No, I didn't know they were female, to be honest. As I did not see any body curves, nor did I notice any references to the characters being female during the adventure mode".

Yes, I'd choose new "modes" above the outfits, but outfits don't require a lot of time to create, so it's like: "While waiting for the new big content, lets throw in some mini updates".
To be honest, I enjoy playing Adventure mode the most, especially online. Also, liked the story. Hope they release something like "Season 2" with 13 new levels.

Hey :D (first post on these forums)
I've thought of this before and i think they should make story characters playable in multiplayer (but they wouldnt have any advantages or disadvantages) they would just be merely another look.
I really want to play as vlad or a necromancer xD vlad could leave a little fire animation if u used teleport.
But going on to your ideas, they could make a pack called Players Choice and they would put some ideas out you've said and it would be in that pack.
Btw off topic question here - how do you get the bathrobe-robe? cheers :D

@SkinnyLegs
As far as i know, you had to buy the real magicka bathrobe, real life bathrobe, which costed like $80, I think.
And with that bathrobe, you'd get a key which you had to use to get the bathrobe ingame. Atleast, that's what I read on the steam Magicka forums.

Anyway, I'd like to play as Death! Rather then walking, you'd be floating instead.

Yes, I hate it when my feet get wet, I want to play as death as well!
I also think the idea of having the other npc characters playable as well would be friken awesome.
-Old Wizard (with beard), possibly a book as "Staff" and a cane as "Sword"
-Necromancer, With the staff of the dead and poison dagger.
-Dark Wizard, With their normal staff (can't remember what it was called) and some basic sword.
-Goblin Shaman, With emergency teleport staff and quality goblin dirk.
-Dwarf Wizard, With their lightning staff and Mace or hammer of some sort.
-Skeleton, Undead wizard with reverse the staff that those dark wizards have, sending healing bombs instead. As a sword it could have big bone or arm of bones.

Mibie this could be some sort of halloween thing (dressing like monsters and such)

I want a Wizard with a Top Hat !!! :D Just like TotalBiscuit suggested. Even if costs like €10000000 I shall BUY! (sarcasm btw... don't make that costly)

I also hope they continue releasing more outfits.

I wouldn't mind a cowboy outfit (Cowboy Duster and Stetson Hat)

I'd laugh my ass off if they did a Harry Potter DLC in conjunction with the last movie release. A wizard/sorcerer/necromancer enemy type only challenge level. Maybe add an Avada Kadabra insta kill beam magick. THen in the end we destroy voldemort in some hilarious and unusual way...right after we kill harry, ron, and hermione. Perhaps even have Dumbledore hire you to take care of the problem because he's just had enough of this teenage angst crap.

Anyway I know they want to continue to add dlc that brings other genres into Magicka so i look forward to what they have in development.

That's pretty cool kingtaro. I am certain that Magicka would not mind giving that one a shot considering certain Cynical Brit has advertised their game in many occasions and he just loves top hats. As do I :)