• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Afaik it is the same through the whole year. Regardless of month it indicates for example ~20 hours of daytime and ~4 hours of nighttime in northern finland/sweden/norway, which might be true for the summer, but surely isn´t in winter. I personally think that this is a minor issue but will use this opportunity to ask about a (imho) serious task :)
Will you look into the supply issue where troops get always supported from the first port captured? When fighting in western india as japan your troops still get supplied from shanghai/any port in china you captured in your china-campaign. Due to the low infrastructure of the yunnanregion this isn´t working very well. Sure, as a human player you are able to improve infrastructure over time to overcome this, but it would be more realistic/work for the ai too to have these troops supplied via the indian ports (mumbay/calcutta/etc) you captured. This may happen all around the world (allied invasion in spain supplying troops in germany/invasion of us mainland...), the situation in india will happen very often. Thanks in advance.

With Semper Fi you can set up convoy routes from and to any port which is more then a few provinces away from a depot allowing you to circumvent the poor infrastructure and keep your frontlines as supplied as the ports allow them to be. So yeah don't think that particular problem is an issue anymore.

Sorry but this isn´t working for me. If i set up a supply convoy to an indian port the tooltip reads this convoy transported nothing last day, the units in india are still reading supplied from shanghai/whereever and they still are out of supply every other day, even when only one province away from a port. You may want to see this thread http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?540265-Supply-problems-question for a detailed look into the issue.

Sorry but this isn´t working for me. If i set up a supply convoy to an indian port the tooltip reads this convoy transported nothing last day, the units in india are still reading supplied from shanghai/whereever and they still are out of supply every other day, even when only one province away from a port. You may want to see this thread http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?540265-Supply-problems-question for a detailed look into the issue.

That issue I'm aware of and I believe Paradox has said here isn't anything they can do about it due to the performance issues the solutions would create, maybe they can do something with the addition of multi-core support. All supplies need to be routed through the primary supply depot, now they'll supply your troops as the supplies make their way back to the depot so long as they're in the general path and with careful planning you can keep your use that reroute to your advantage in certain circumstances. The player in that post you linked, as other said in the thread, had several player problems which compounded the actual issue with the game. If you're smart, plan it right, and take it slow it's really not an insurmountable obstacle, at least not from my personal experiences. I've never tried taking over India with Japan.

One thing that could be implemented though would be allowing the creation air "convoys". Something that essentially functions the same as naval convoys, an abstraction that allows us to send supplies (A lesser amount then naval convoys) from air base to air base, capping the range which can be upgraded via a tech and allowing fighters to destroy the air convoys much like how naval units can hunt and destroy the navals. Even though the supplies delivered would still be rerouted back towards the depot this gives the player the ability to work further inland with less slowdowns rather then being totally restricted to the coast line with major ports and would give the front lines a less micromanagement as it'd ultimately function as an abstracted and automated supply drop transport planes currently do.

One thing that could be implemented though would be allowing the creation air "convoys".
This can be done already by using the Air Supply mission, and daisy-chaining multiple air transport wings. Costs a ton, and is not very effective for large operations, so it works about as well as it did IRL.

Glad to see the ability to drag and drop to the OOB.

Can you please PLEASE PLEASE give us the ability to filter officer traits when assigning leaders? IE just show "panzer leaders".

Second that. The rest - o joy!

This can be done already by using the Air Supply mission, and daisy-chaining multiple air transport wings. Costs a ton, and is not very effective for large operations, so it works about as well as it did IRL.

I know that, which is why in my post I said "it'd ultimately function as an abstracted and automated supply drop transport planes currently do". The current supply drop is nice in representing the aspect of getting supplies to troops which otherwise wouldn't be able to receive them, but in terms of historical scope and gameplay mechanics I don't think accurately reflects the ability of using cargo planes to move large quantities of supplies from air field to air field and getting troops further inland and closer to the fronts supplied quicker and more steadily. On top of that it would give the player a greater ability to appropriately circumvent some of the inaccurate drawbacks then current system holds.

The current supply drop system just requires far to much micromanagement to use efficiently and doesn't even paint an accurate picture of how transport/cargo plans were used the majority of the time. Taking a more accurate approach while giving the player more control and creative freedom over the current technically restricted supply system through a secondary abstraction just feels like a win-win.

You can now drag-and-drop directly from deployment window into the browser and this works for both divisions and brigades so you can reinforce existing divisions with new brigades much easier.

Great,that important practical gameplay issue is solved.

Thanks !

The current supply drop system just requires far to much micromanagement to use efficiently and doesn't even paint an accurate picture of how transport/cargo plans were used the majority of the time.
I see your point about MM. It would indeed be nice to have a long range air supply mission when it can be traced over friendly territory (to reduce manual daisy-chaining). As to the accuracy, sorry, but it's all there as is. Airdropping everything everywhere is really costly even today, and it was many times more difficult 70 years ago. Just like airlifting divisions, it was not doable on a large scale with WWII tech.

I see your point about MM. It would indeed be nice to have a long range air supply mission when it can be traced over friendly territory (to reduce manual daisy-chaining). As to the accuracy, sorry, but it's all there as is. Airdropping everything everywhere is really costly even today, and it was many times more difficult 70 years ago. Just like airlifting divisions, it was not doable on a large scale with WWII tech.

Oh I'm not arguing it wasn't difficult or costly, but it was done and on a rather large scale in certain situations (One of the reasons air fields in the Pacific islands were so valuable was because it allowed them to move supplies in and out quicker and safer through the air then over the water), the U.S. has several thousand C-47's by the end of the war for a reason. Hell just a few years after the war one of the largest airlift operations took place and managed to out-do the rails in terms of moving supplies per day and reaching a number of 230k tons in a month at it's peak. There's enough history there.

Supply used to be too hard to manage, now IMO its too easy as I was able to with Germany ( with all of asia fallen to either japan or me) launch a huge attack in south america and literary have 1.4million troops on the mexico/america border all fully supplied!!

Wow! Great stuff!

Theater Interface looks too good to be true. And OOB need a boost too. I'm eagerly waiting when Motherland is released. Keep up the good work!

It has been mentioned in the thread but I want to mention it again. Please add a scrollbar to the ledger, with mods (including the official ones that are sold) one can't see all the unit counts because one runs out of screen space.

OOB drag-n-drop, Leader deselect, and Leader filter are all good uses of your time. I'm curious to see how useful the theater view is.

Will it be possible to create theaters on allied ground? I always had the problem with germany that the russians overran Romania and Hungary... I had enough soldiers to help them out, but I couldn't.

What I'd also like to see are better statistics. Maybe it's me but I never found a statistic where I can see my total losses in game.
F.e : 150.000 men at arms at March 1938 (Peak)
80.000 men at arms at March 1940

lost tanks, lost bla blabla

OK. Really? I'm sorry then : S