this expansion keeps getting better and better! awesome!
this expansion keeps getting better and better! awesome!
Germany Tutorial, Take Two: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post13243122 or find it in the Major Threads sticky.
Tutorial AAR in pdf form available on Gamefront, courtesy of Davy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7H...it?usp=sharing
Honoured by USKnight for the above tutorial here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post14404907
La Douce France http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post17163635 Completed!
My latest AAR: Rey Del Munde: Castile -> Spain -> (hopefully) the world.
• FINALLY. Man, you have no idea the huge amount of time your are going to save us. Expect world working efficiency to improve during the next months thanks to not being tired because of clicking feasts.
I'll add my voice to the chorus saying how much I like the features shown in this DD, and how much I'm looking forward to playing it.
"Nature always obeys her own laws"
- Leonardo da Vinci
why dont you also add "assign leaders to all current (leaderless) divisions" button?
because i am sure i will click mistakingly the "unassign all" button many times
Which is an interesting question: what happens if you leave that ticked when you press 'Unassign all leaders'? Will they be unassigned, then the game immediately starts assigning them all again?
(Which wouldn't be as silly as it sounds; the game usually tried to assign leaders sensibly, eg Panzer leaders to tank divisions - but if a new 5* Panzer leader arrives in the force pool in 1940 and you don't have any leaderless tank units at that time, he might get assigned to some garrison unit somewhere instead. Auto-reassigning leaders shakes that up.)
The Restless Kaiser
The Sun never sets on the British Empire...
... because God doesn't trust the British in the dark.
Would it be possible to amend the amount of units you can attach to armies or at least army groups? Currently it's five, which isn't much. While playing as Germany during Barbarossa I'd like to assign my garrison units under the command of army group HQ's, but that's not possible since they already have so many armies under their command. So I'm forced to put them directly under the theater HQ. Increasing the limit would also enable proper assignment of reserves under army and army group levels.
- Community Map Project (Asian and Pacific thread)
- Co-Author (with Danevang) of : Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung (Dev Diary : #1 | #2 | #3 | #4)
- Co-Author (with Danevang) of : Dies Irae: Stars and Stripes (Dev Diary : #1 | #2)
- Hearts of Iron III I.C.E. : Iron Cross Edition (download : Semper Fi version | HOI3 1.4 version)
- Common Weapons of WWII DLC (report thread)
Can I suggest a button on HQ units to "detach" every unit under its command? This way it will be easier to move your troops to some other place with the needed HQ units, without having to figure out first which units are actually in their chain of command.
Looks really good especially the Front system. But what constitutes a front? Would Germany's western theatre have a French, Swiss, Dutch and Luxembourg etc. Front or would it have a Western front and a Danish Front? Would 1941 Germany have an Eastern Front, or be able to make North, South and Centre Fronts?
Oh and now there's a unassign all button could we have an assign all button, for deployed divisions and HQ's without a leader? This is an annoyance particularly for the SU who quickly run out of Leaders in the early years but by 1941 have lots of leaders but lots of deployed leaderless divisions.
Some nice improvements, like many the Unassign Leaders button is MOST welcome!
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen, and I say give them all they want.” - William Tecumseh Sherman
Currently reading: The Army of the Caesars - Michael Grant; Soul of the Sword - Robert L. O'Connell
GORDONCZ WORKS presents:
Finest Hour is a large-scale mod created for Hearts of Iron 3. The main goal of this mod is to convert the game into a more authentic simulation of the World War 2 era. With its focus on accuracy, immersion and plausibility, Finest Hour will let you relive the history and change the future as you will lead your nation through the greatest conflict ever seen.
go to websites / discuss on forum
- Entirely new map of the world
- New graphical look of the interface
- Completely reworked events and decisions
The "small skipped" fronts can be bad when you try to prepare using the prepare stance. Troops (under army or army group AI control) not covering the planned invasion border is silly.
Now, add an "assign according to some logic" button next to the Unassign All button, and make the AI use both at least once a year...
'I thought we could do it without anyone getting hurt. By using our brains.'
'Can't. History don't work like that. Blood first, then brains.'
'Mountains of skulls,' said Truckle.
'There's got to be a better way than fighting,' said Mr Saveloy.
'Yep. Lots of 'em. Only none of 'em work.'
Yeah, biggest problem is right there. I love the new additions thus far, but I am not paying for a new UI interface. I expect the AI to but MUCH greater than previous. When I tell one power to help defend another, I expect it to happen this time around
Looks good. I just hope that CAG's aren't still made of glass in the expansion.
1. Add a slider to the statistic view that mods that add more brigades wont mess up the screen.
2. Make possible to click leader on statistic view and it jumps to division where its attached.
3. Make sorting possible in leader tab
4. Make statistic that shows the lost and used manpower whole at the beginning and in invidual wars
5. XiBE MAN SA should not be puppet of nationalist china. Its unlikely that china in his own core land would make puppet. And you cant unify the china because cant release puppet.
6. Give more player control of slovakia created or not, shared with Hungary etc. choices
7. Give player opportunity to give lands that you control and have cores on other country to that country if in same faction or alliance
Last edited by Niewitch; 03-06-2011 at 12:51.