+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: For the Motherland - Developer Diary 10 - Theater View and Other Goodies

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossMarch of the Eagles
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

this expansion keeps getting better and better! awesome!
    HPP LibrAARian. PM me about any change in the status of your HPP AARs. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Update-Thread
    Germany Tutorial, Take Two: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post13243122 or find it in the Major Threads sticky.
    Tutorial AAR in pdf form available on Gamefront, courtesy of Davy: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22231...ged+colors.rar
    Honoured by USKnight for the above tutorial here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post14404907
    AARlander reporter

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

• FINALLY. Man, you have no idea the huge amount of time your are going to save us. Expect world working efficiency to improve during the next months thanks to not being tired because of clicking feasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffertytig View Post
    these two additions alone will save thousands of mouse clicks.
    +1

it's all good stuff ~ thanks for the update.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'll add my voice to the chorus saying how much I like the features shown in this DD, and how much I'm looking forward to playing it.
    "Nature always obeys her own laws"
    - Leonardo da Vinci

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

why dont you also add "assign leaders to all current (leaderless) divisions" button?
    because i am sure i will click mistakingly the "unassign all" button many times

Liberté, egalité, fraternité StephenT's Avatar
    Cities in MotionDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Thracian View Post
    why dont you also add "assign leaders to all current (leaderless) divisions" button?
    That would be the "Auto-assign leaders" check-box, surely?

Which is an interesting question: what happens if you leave that ticked when you press 'Unassign all leaders'? Will they be unassigned, then the game immediately starts assigning them all again?

(Which wouldn't be as silly as it sounds; the game usually tried to assign leaders sensibly, eg Panzer leaders to tank divisions - but if a new 5* Panzer leader arrives in the force pool in 1940 and you don't have any leaderless tank units at that time, he might get assigned to some garrison unit somewhere instead. Auto-reassigning leaders shakes that up.)

Crusader Kings IIDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IIMagickaMajesty II CollectionSemper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by StephenT View Post
    That would be the "Auto-assign leaders" check-box, surely?

Which is an interesting question: what happens if you leave that ticked when you press 'Unassign all leaders'? Will they be unassigned, then the game immediately starts assigning them all again?

(Which wouldn't be as silly as it sounds; the game usually tried to assign leaders sensibly, eg Panzer leaders to tank divisions - but if a new 5* Panzer leader arrives in the force pool in 1940 and you don't have any leaderless tank units at that time, he might get assigned to some garrison unit somewhere instead. Auto-reassigning leaders shakes that up.)
    Sadly that does not work. Leaders only seem to be assigned this way to new divisions. Try playing the SU where you have a mass of leaderless divisions - they never get placed until you add them yourself.
    Regards,

The Restless Kaiser

The Sun never sets on the British Empire...
    ... because God doesn't trust the British in the dark.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Would it be possible to amend the amount of units you can attach to armies or at least army groups? Currently it's five, which isn't much. While playing as Germany during Barbarossa I'd like to assign my garrison units under the command of army group HQ's, but that's not possible since they already have so many armies under their command. So I'm forced to put them directly under the theater HQ. Increasing the limit would also enable proper assignment of reserves under army and army group levels.

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by podcat View Post
    I made the list of stuff and johan put in the button. He does a lot more management stuff these days, but he keeps rotating between projects adding awesome stuff in each one that nobody else has time for
    And I said "remember the unassign all button!"
    Relentless madman.

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIMagicka
    Semper FiVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrenown View Post
    And I said "remember the unassign all button!"
    What a teamwork!

Can I suggest a button on HQ units to "detach" every unit under its command? This way it will be easier to move your troops to some other place with the needed HQ units, without having to figure out first which units are actually in their chain of command.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Looks really good especially the Front system. But what constitutes a front? Would Germany's western theatre have a French, Swiss, Dutch and Luxembourg etc. Front or would it have a Western front and a Danish Front? Would 1941 Germany have an Eastern Front, or be able to make North, South and Centre Fronts?

Oh and now there's a unassign all button could we have an assign all button, for deployed divisions and HQ's without a leader? This is an annoyance particularly for the SU who quickly run out of Leaders in the early years but by 1941 have lots of leaders but lots of deployed leaderless divisions.

Admiral of the Ocean Blue brisduv's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

Some nice improvements, like many the Unassign Leaders button is MOST welcome!
    “War is the remedy our enemies have chosen, and I say give them all they want.” - William Tecumseh Sherman

Currently reading: The Ottoman Centuries: The Rise and Fall of the Turkish Empire - Lord Kinross; Infamy: Pearl Harbor and its Aftermath - John Toland

Cities in MotionDeus VultFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Sword of the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by podcat View Post
    There is now a button for unassigning all your leaders with one click.
    Please, add also a button "Expand All" to the OOB browser.
    GORDONCZ WORKS presents:

FINEST HOUR

Finest Hour is a large-scale mod created for Hearts of Iron 3. The main goal of this mod is to convert the game into a more authentic simulation of the World War 2 era. With its focus on accuracy, immersion and plausibility, Finest Hour will let you relive the history and change the future as you will lead your nation through the greatest conflict ever seen.
    • Entirely new map of the world
    • New graphical look of the interface
    • Completely reworked events and decisions
    go to websites / discuss on forum

Paradox Code Kitteh Paradox Dev Team podcat's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Kandon Arc View Post
    Looks really good especially the Front system. But what constitutes a front? Would Germany's western theatre have a French, Swiss, Dutch and Luxembourg etc. Front or would it have a Western front and a Danish Front? Would 1941 Germany have an Eastern Front, or be able to make North, South and Centre Fronts?
    if you use AI control on theatres you can already see fronts on the map in SF drawn as dashed black lines. it will get one against every non-friendly country, but too small ones will be skipped (eg luxemburg)
    Reject reason to make the impossible possible!

Hearts of Iron III

The "small skipped" fronts can be bad when you try to prepare using the prepare stance. Troops (under army or army group AI control) not covering the planned invasion border is silly.

Now, add an "assign according to some logic" button next to the Unassign All button, and make the AI use both at least once a year...
    'I thought we could do it without anyone getting hurt. By using our brains.'
    'Can't. History don't work like that. Blood first, then brains.'
    'Mountains of skulls,' said Truckle.
    'There's got to be a better way than fighting,' said Mr Saveloy.
    'Yep. Lots of 'em. Only none of 'em work.'

Quote Originally Posted by TheBromgrev View Post
    Yes, nothing like telling Axis Bulgaria to help Axis Turkey and watch Bulgaria send troops to Finland instead
    Yeah, would need some feedback why they do that, if they think the front is weak there but it is 1000 km from their target they maybe should ignore it, unless I put a string of targets down along the front then they can consider it a request to fill holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Modo View Post
    The "small skipped" fronts can be bad when you try to prepare using the prepare stance. Troops (under army or army group AI control) not covering the planned invasion border is silly.

Now, add an "assign according to some logic" button next to the Unassign All button, and make the AI use both at least once a year...
    Does the autopromote qualified people work now?

Yeah, biggest problem is right there. I love the new additions thus far, but I am not paying for a new UI interface. I expect the AI to but MUCH greater than previous. When I tell one power to help defend another, I expect it to happen this time around

Looks good. I just hope that CAG's aren't still made of glass in the expansion.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi

1. Add a slider to the statistic view that mods that add more brigades wont mess up the screen.
    2. Make possible to click leader on statistic view and it jumps to division where its attached.
    3. Make sorting possible in leader tab
    4. Make statistic that shows the lost and used manpower whole at the beginning and in invidual wars
    5. XiBE MAN SA should not be puppet of nationalist china. Its unlikely that china in his own core land would make puppet. And you cant unify the china because cant release puppet.
    6. Give more player control of slovakia created or not, shared with Hungary etc. choices
    7. Give player opportunity to give lands that you control and have cores on other country to that country if in same faction or alliance
    Last edited by Niewitch; 03-06-2011 at 11:51.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast