+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Ship Mod (Beta testing)

  1. #1

    Ship Mod (Beta testing)

    MEIOU 5.1b ship mod beta test

    *** WARNING ***** Installing these files will overwrite your original files.

    To install:
    Download attachment at the bottom of this post
    Unzip SHIPS to MEIOU 5.1b\mod\meiou\common\units
    Unzip NAVAL to MEIOU 5.1b\mod\meiou\common\technologies

    1 June 2011:
    1. Fixed naval technology scaling.
    2. Reduced morale values per tech level to hopefully prevent total fleet annihilations.
    3. Improved galley shock values to improve performance.

    18 May 2011:
    1. (much) Faster ship combat resolution.
    2. Reverted MEIOU ship classes to DW ship classes.
    3. Galleys are the prominent warship up to around tech 28, when the Galleon comes online.
    4. The Wargalleon comes online at tech 35 and far outclasses the galley.
    5. The naval positioning mechanic can make or break a naval battle.
    6. Transports are not warships and need protection.
    7. Light ships have the highest strategic movement speed, but are rather weak warships.
    8. When in doubt, sail away!

    Feedback is greatly appreciated.
    Special thanks to the MEIOU team for a splendid mod.
    Special thanks to 17blue17 and George LeS for their comments and suggestions.

    Thanks!
    -Abnormalmind

    Filename: Ship_beta_MEIOU_1Jun2011.zip
    Ship_beta_MEIOU_1Jun2011.zip
    For God and country, Geronimo is KIA.

  2. #2
    Captain doubtofbuddha's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    SengokuVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Orlando, Florida, United States, 108288992526695, Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    402
    Will it break save games?

  3. #3
    Ninja Pirate Baikal's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    War of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    EUIV: Art of War

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tübingen, Germany
    Posts
    399
    As far as I'm aware "no". If I recall correctly the mod removes some ship types which would crash the game if these ships have been produced by any nation in the game at the point of time you switch from original settings to this mod.
    Cynic, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be.
    -Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

  4. #4
    AI only seems to build big ships and transports and ignores galleys.

  5. #5
    The mod will likely break a saved game because of the saved game ship names. However, I'm not completely sure. If someone is willing to be the guinea pig tester, I'd be happy to know the results.

    Thanks!
    -AB
    For God and country, Geronimo is KIA.

  6. #6
    Captain doubtofbuddha's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    SengokuVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Orlando, Florida, United States, 108288992526695, Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    402
    Sorry, I meant would updating from Alpha to Beta break saved games.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by doubtofbuddha View Post
    Sorry, I meant would updating from Alpha to Beta break saved games.
    Ah! Should work flawlessly.
    For God and country, Geronimo is KIA.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuffy Manthrob View Post
    AI only seems to build big ships and transports and ignores galleys.

    Which nation and what year into the game?
    For God and country, Geronimo is KIA.

  9. #9
    Publicly Certified 17blue17's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuffy Manthrob View Post
    AI only seems to build big ships and transports and ignores galleys.
    The ai will do this until MEIOU starts having the inland sea back on the terrain.bmp as this is what happened in the non modded game until Paradox fixed it.

    Abnormalmind - has gigau released a corrected terrain.bmp with the inland sea for people to test with your mod yet?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by 17blue17 View Post
    The ai will do this until MEIOU starts having the inland sea back on the terrain.bmp as this is what happened in the non modded game until Paradox fixed it.

    Abnormalmind - has gigau released a corrected terrain.bmp with the inland sea for people to test with your mod yet?
    Hi, I have not heard anything.
    For God and country, Geronimo is KIA.

  11. #11
    Lt. General Keanon's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norden
    Posts
    1,297
    I find that battles both land and sea generally last a lot of days, is this really historically? I mean, for two armies about 10k each to fight for days on end without any progress? Isn't this a really late thing? I thought battles in this time were hours, not days.
    - PATRVM - For Crusader Kings II
    SCVTA / TERRÆ - Shields / Map
    - Both Dead (thought not really.)

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Keanon View Post
    I find that battles both land and sea generally last a lot of days, is this really historically? I mean, for two armies about 10k each to fight for days on end without any progress? Isn't this a really late thing? I thought battles in this time were hours, not days.
    The game handles combat very abstractly. Although many of the units have names and types that are plucked from history, naval and land combat mechanics focus more on balance and the "fun factor."
    For God and country, Geronimo is KIA.

  13. #13
    Megalomaniac birdboy2000's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,686
    Galley battles are still a little tiresome, but. This mod is amazingly useful once you get big ships built, and even galley battles are better than before. I was able to play a game in Indonesia and have fun, because the naval system *works* again.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by birdboy2000 View Post
    Galley battles are still a little tiresome, but. This mod is amazingly useful once you get big ships built, and even galley battles are better than before. I was able to play a game in Indonesia and have fun, because the naval system *works* again.
    Thanks!
    For God and country, Geronimo is KIA.

  15. #15
    Second Lieutenant MacDunne's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by birdboy2000 View Post
    Galley battles are still a little tiresome, but. This mod is amazingly usul once you get big ships built, and even galley battles are better than before. I was able to play a game in Indonesia and have fun, because the naval system *works* again.
    Agreed, Abnormalmind's ship mod is a great benefit to MEIOU and I appreciate the work put into the ship mod. I see far less ships locked into endless battles than before.

    I'm waiting for the next installment of MEIOU where the inner seas are added back to the map so that the galleys can function as they are intended. At that time, we should have a better idea if this mod needs to be tweaked or not.
    Is teann madra ar a thairseacht féin.
    Every dog is bold on its own doorstep.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDunne View Post
    Agreed, Abnormalmind's ship mod is a great benefit to MEIOU and I appreciate the work put into the ship mod. I see far less ships locked into endless battles than before.

    I'm waiting for the next installment of MEIOU where the inner seas are added back to the map so that the galleys can function as they are intended. At that time, we should have a better idea if this mod needs to be tweaked or not.
    Thanks!
    For God and country, Geronimo is KIA.

  17. #17
    Publicly Certified 17blue17's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,877
    Abnormalmind

    question - for your mod did you remember to update / change the ship.gfx file in the mods interface folder (not gfx\interface but just interface)?

    This is a new file added in DW that points the ship units to the graphic files they should use. You would need to update to include all the ships in your mod and remove any not in your mod.

    If you are only using standard DW ships then just replace the file in the mod with the standard one from DW.

    If you have any custom ships then note:

    Note tests done by others seem to show that you apparently can't point to custom ship graphics / custom .xac file in a mod - you have to point to existing ones.

    See here for examples and discussion:

    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post12476683
    Last edited by 17blue17; 07-06-2011 at 11:18.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by 17blue17 View Post
    Abnormalmind

    question - for your mod did you remember to update / change the ship.gfx file in the mods interface folder (not gfx\interface but just interface)?

    This is a new file added in DW that points the ship units to the graphic files they should use. You would need to update to include all the ships in your mod and remove any not in your mod.

    If you are only using standard DW ships then just replace the file in the mod with the standard one from DW.

    If you have any custom ships then note:

    Note tests done by others seem to show that you apparently can't point to custom ship graphics / custom .xac file in a mod - you have to point to existing ones.

    See here for examples and discussion:

    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post12476683
    Hi,

    The graphics seem to work for all periods with the mod. The mod drilled back to DW ship names, and the graphic links seem to be intact.

    Thanks for the heads up!
    -AB
    For God and country, Geronimo is KIA.

  19. #19
    The problem I see with this mod is that after a few years (around 5) several states have huge galley fleets. In my game Portugal has over 80, Genoa around 90, Aragorn over 60. Cog numbers seem normal: ~10. It seems a bit wrong to me.

    Otherwise I love the reduced naval combat time.

  20. #20
    10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    94 games registered

    94

    200k clubHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEast India Company CollectionFor the MotherlandGalactic AssaultGettysburg
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GameRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms event
    Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder WizardWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Ancient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Icon Collecting
    Posts
    6,438
    Blog Entries
    1
    that does seem like a lot for the state to maintain.
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

    - When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts