• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Now let's finish off Mexico, and take New England and Quebec, that will surely jump you to number 1, and let's not forget kicking the British out of North America by 1936.

SO close to complete victory. What's your tech look like?

Ok I know it's been awhile but I actually finished these last few chapters over a month ago. I've really just had trouble getting around to uploading all the pics which I find incredibly annoying especially since I have four chapters worth of screen shots to sort through that aren't all in order for some reason so I have just kept putting this off. The good news though, is that after this chapter there are only two more plus my recap chapter to post and since this is by far the worst one for screenshots, things should start speeding up with me posting them and I should have this whole thing published by Thanksgiving.

For those of you who are still around thank you for reading and sorry for the long delay. I know some of you really want to see my tech tree and world map and I promise you that is coming soon. I would do one right now but it's already 1930 and I doubt the world will change too much between now and 1936 so I'm just going to wait until the end for that.

Chapter 22: No TV and No Beer Make Texas Go Crazy!

The U.K. is going to be out of the game for the next 5 years so I really don't have any threats to worry about. This means I can just go crazy and pretty much attack all of my neighbors. I break my truce and jump on the CSA who is now down to two regions. Kentucky should be an easy pick up for me so I send all my troops to invade, I make sure to get to the population centers quickly so that way when the CSA does mobilize, my troops will get the defensive advantage. Sure enough they do mobilize, but by then the wars been going on for three weeks and my troops are already occupying most of their regions.

v242.png

While I wait for those battles to be over I focus my attention on another area of the globe.

v243.png

My goal here is to establish a base in Africa from which I can attack the British holdings in South Africa. This may be a difficult move since the U.K. has a large force in South Africa so I will have to keep expanding down here and move as many troops as possible into the area. I don't expect much resistance from Zulu or any of boer nations that I also plan to conquer so this shouldn't be too much of a problem. I've gotta give props to this guy though, going up against the mighty Texan Empire with just a spear and a flimsy little shield takes guts.

v244.png

A little bit later I decide I want another random slice of the map, Greenland. I really didn't have any reason for taking Greenland other than the fact that I noticed that the game always wrote the text for Denmark on Greenland, so I was really hoping that I could take Greenland and have it say “Texan Denmark” on the map just for fun, that didn't happen but oh well.

v245.png

v217.png

Greenland and Iceland were easy to take but the Danish put up a fight in Copenhagen. This war took a bit longer then the other wars, mostly due to the fact that I had to move troops across the Atlantic to fight in Denmark, while sending some over to Africa at the same time which put a strain on my transports. I eventually get Iceland and Greenland and this turns out to be the last country that I make peace with during my long string of invasions.

v250.png

Now for the sake of not overloading with screen shots I won't post one for every war I start as most of these wars end fairly quickly. In Africa the Zulus don't put up much of a fight and I then move on to Oranje which I take fairly easy, I then hit Transval and take a region there giving me a good base of operations in Africa. I still need to fortify this frontier though as it will be a huge battle ground once I go to war with the U.K. again.

Back in Asia I decide to finish off Japan and go for the conquest, this will most likely be the end of my involvement in Asia (not counting Oceania) unless I decide to extend the end date and maybe go to war with China or Russia. Once again Japan is pretty easy to beat, I'm not able to take all the Japanese regions though since Russia poached the two states furthest north.

v29.png

v210.png

v247.png

The above map should give you a general view of how Asia looks at this time, nothing really out of the ordinary.

The next two countries I decide to go after are two of my old rivals, Mexico and the CSA. The CSA is down to just one state (Virginia) and I am ready to try and annex them, Mexico, a once formidable foe, has been reduced to a small, backwards nation, that can't even fend off it's own rebels. I start with the CSA and easily rush them. I later go for Mexico and try to take Yucatan, this would be a big pickup for me as it would give me a land connection to Central America where I still hold the Panama Canal zone.

I start off focusing on the CSA but after the last battle of Richmond it's just a matter of me taking my time to occupy the rest of their regions.

v24j.png

I annex them pretty quickly, I also declared war on Mexico shortly before this war ended.

v215.png

v212.png

Once again Mexico doesn't put up much of a fight and I manage to take Yucatan fairly easily after demolishing them in Oaxaca (look at that K:D ratio)

v226.png

v238.png

After that I decide to just go a step further and take over my new neighbor, the United States of Central America who has been greatly weakened by rebels splitting off and is now just one state. My war with Denmark ended about 2 weeks later and I took Iceland and Greenland, I didn't get Texas Denmark written across Greenland like I had hoped but oh well at least it makes the blue part of the map look bigger, even if it worthless.

v249.png

Now that that's all over I have a bit of a break to prepare for my next major wars. I do have screenshots on all the other continents to give you an update on the world but I will post that in a bit since I'm close to the 20 screen shot limit per post.