• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Their navy is pretty beat up already, the only problem I think I'm going to have with them is not being able to take all their regions by 1936. I may get all of their North American regions, but I may need to extend the end date to get their pacific regions. I think I will end things there if thats what I have to extend the end date.

I agree with that sentiment. However, I think you should extend the end date if and only if you have not yet conquered the CSA, Canada, Mexico, and the USA. If you manage to conquer all three, I'd say your job is done.

Hmmmm I'm torn by all these progresses...I was born in Texas, but I've always been more loyal to the Union. Oh well, it's an AAR, why worry :D

BTW, did those communist rebels do any good? Did they take over the government? Has there been a regime change in the USA? :p

Actually, a commie Texas would be cool.

Hank Hill would be proud I tell you what.

Texas could become the biggest exporter, producer and user of propane and propane accessories.

Ugh I wish I could post a vid or link on this AAR but I can't do that unless I get permission.

EDIT: BWAAAAAH!

Last edited:
Texas could become the biggest exporter, producer and user of propane and propane accessories.

haha, thats going in my sig.

Sorry for the week long delay. I've had quite abit going on in real life so I haven't really had any time to play V2, much less write these reports. Still I've pretty much gotten the next 2 chapters written and I just need to upload the screens to imageshack (which is incredibly difficult with my slow connection) so here is the next chapter.

Chapter 17: Same Old, Same Old...

After my last war with the U.S. they were in really bad shape. They're rebel problem was worse then ever and it eventually got to the point where anarcho libs controlled every region in the U.S., but we will get to that later. It was only a few months after the end of that war that my truce with the U.K. expired, this gave me just enough time to get my armies into position to prepare for the upcoming declaration of war from the U.K.. I station my guys two or three regions deep along our border in Canada. However something strange happens, the truce expires and the U.K. decides not to declare war, I then take matters into my own hands and declare war on the U.K. myself.

This time I run into another problem I have never had with the U.K. before, the British don't attack, they just stand there. It took me about a week or two but I eventually realized the British wouldn't come after me so I would have to go after them. I then send my armies into Manitoba and the Northwest territories. The British are heavily outgunned and are behind me tech wise so they retreat pretty early on which doesn't give me much of a war score boost. I continue to push onward but I begin to realize that without major battles to get me that 25+ war score, I was going to have a very tough time getting the war score up to even 10.

A few months before the war started I had finished researching planes and by now the first few airplanes were rolling off the line and being used in battle. These helped me take almost all of the northwest territories fairly quickly but I still needed to win battles to get my war score up. It's not that the British didn't have armies to fight in Canada, but that they didn't want to fight. Eventually though, they do bring up about 12 brigades into the northwest territories. It wasn't much but I was able to surround them to force them to stay in the fight, and crush their army for a little war score bonus. It was only like 2.5 points, but it was something.

Right before I finished capturing Manitoba, Nunavut, and the northwest territories, the British began to get a bit more aggressive and they moved their armies up from the east coast to fight me. I managed to bait them into attacking me in a battle at Winnipeg and I launch an offensive into Pickle and two major battles break up. In both battles I encircle the British and use my numbers to crush them. Throughout this whole campaign I was able to keep some of my units back to just sort of stand there. I eventually win both battles and just about wipe the British out of North America, after these battles I had already gotten the 25% boost I needed from war score though.

v230.png

I guess you could say, I caught the British in a bit of a pickle =p.

The war was going great and I decided to add conquer Manitoba as a war goal along with my original northwest territories war goal. The only problem I was starting to have was money related. While I used to have a mountain of cash, the constant wars were taking a tool on my budget and I had gone down from 6 mil to about 2.5 in a short period of time. I raise tariffs from 0 to 20 and raise taxes on the rich from 1 to 10, hoping it would give me some more time. One of the reasons for my budget shortfall was that I hadn't researched commerce techs that much as I only had 7/30 compared to being maxed out for my age in Industrial and Army techs. I start to research the techs that increase tax efficiency and that begins to save my economy and I am able to lower tariffs down to 15. Hopefully a few more techs will allow me to lower tariffs back to 0.

My new airplane brigades are able to really speed up occupations and it doesn't take long for me to occupy everything and start to work on Quebec. The British had started to occupy Balboa but I call in my allies in Colombia to deal with them down there. Despite Colombia's power though, they can't keep the region out of British hands, ahh well. By about this time I was able to get my war score up just enough from occupying Canadian regions so that I had a war score of 30 something. This gives me enough of a score to take both of the regions and get a peace deal with the U.K.

v28n.png

v29.png

It appears the word Texas is stuck up in British Colombia again, *sigh*. Guess I will have to get to work on that.

I pull all my armies out of Canada and place most of them on my southern border where I already had a few brigades just hanging out. In my last war with Mexico I picked up two regions but I thought the borders looked a bit funny so I planned to fix that problem and take Chihuaha.

v23.png

Since our last war the Mexicans had gotten very defensive. Despite having a population that was only a 5th of mine, Mexico had almost as many brigades. Some provinces such as Mexico city were 15% solders. Still, Mexico was backwards technology wise and my forces were able to trap them pretty easily as well as beat them to the provinces they retreated to after a loss which just made things worse for them. Even when I was the attacker the fights were pretty one sided.

v213.png

Mexico mobilizes but it's not enough, I now have two armies made up of airplane brigades along with a few supporting units that can take regions very fast. I am able to use the advantage to start taking Chihuahua while my fighting brigades continue to clean up the Mexicans. It doesn't take long for me to get their brigade numbers down from 300 (after they mobilized) to about 150, I then battle the rest of those units in Cidudad Victoria, this goes on for quite a while but when it's all said and done, they were down to just 16 brigades.

v24.png

v214.png

My war score was still just a bit shy of the 75 mark I needed but I decided I would start on something else. A couple years ago Cuba became it's own country, and with no brigades and no allies it looked like an easy pick up for me. I declared war on them and then moved 4 armor and 4 cavalry brigades to the island. Cuba did have one brigade by the time I got there and they did mobilize to get another, but they are no match for me and with no forts the island is mine quickly.

v217.png

v219.png

At about the same time though, my forces in Mexico continue to occupy more land and push the war score up. I soon get a peace offer from Mexico offering me Chihuaha and a little while later that week to fully annex Cuba

v221.png

Now for a quick update on global news.

The U.S. has been taken over by Anarcho Liberal rebels and is now a presidential dictatorship.

v215.png

Soon after the CSA declared war and is currently trying to retake Maryland in an ongoing war. The U.S. lost great power status after the rebels took over and Colombia has moved into the #8 spot. Colombia is still allied with me so I shouldn't have to worry about them trying to take Balboa but they won't help me defend the province either. By this point I am no longer sphering new countries in the Americas since most of them I would like to conquer eventually. Argentina has been taken over by communists as well and they are no longer in my sphere. This is how the ledger looked about 6 months before the U.S. gets taken over.

v212.png

I've pretty much locked up the #2 slot and I hope to be able to catch the U.K. before 1936, however they seem to be gaining ground and with 15 years I don't have much time left. Maybe if I dreadnaught spam I can reach them. Also in Europe, Austria Hungary and the North Germany federation have formed, both of them are great powers. Africa is still one big french blob with the exception of the British in the south and the Congo free state which is a satellite of the NGF. India still looks like a bowl of fruity pebbles and most countries in South America continue to have the same borders, although Chile and Argentina are now at war.

Remember the Texan dead of the Great Chihuahua War!

Well I haven't really had time to play V2 the past week or two but luckly I was a few chapters ahead in my game and had already written the shell of some of those chapters so all I had to do here was throw in the screens. This takes me awhile though since my connection is pretty laggy and imageshack can be a pain sometimes. Anyway there are only like 15 years left in my game so I should be able to just find some time later and grind out the last few chapters. I hope to have the next chapter finished in a day or two and then I will be caught up with my game and can start playing again.

Chapter 18: Remember Me?

By the time my war with Mexico had concluded the CSA and the U.S. were at war with the CSA trying to pick up Maryland. The U.S. had been weakened considerably so this was a pretty easy war for the CSA. My truce with the U.S. still had a little over the year before I could attack again so I guess I just had to watch the CSA gain more land, or did I?

v225.png

I felt a little bad declaring war on the CSA since we did have good relations and they hadn't attacked me in a long while. Still, I wanted their land and they were the only people I could attack so I was going to try to pick up Mississippi and Alabama, even if it meant spoiling my nice little river border with them. I already had my troops in position to invade and with them currently in a war with the U.S. I knew I could move in with practically no resistance.

v229.png

Beating the CSA shouldn't be too hard, they only have about 200 mobilized brigades, most of which were already fighting the Union. I form a wall around the border and I send a few units in to start to take Mississippi and Alabama, naturally though a couple of battles ensue in Nashville and Bowling Green. I let the CSA send as many troops as possible into the battles before cutting off their retreat and then sending in reinforcements so that my armies could crush them.

v232.png

The Confederates didn't put up much a fight after that, between the U.S. and me they just simply couldn't win. I begin to occupy pretty much all of the southern half of the country and I end up in a race with the Union to get to Richmond, the CSA capital. In order for me to get both Mississippi and Alabama I needed a war score of about 75 and I knew it would be difficult to get it that high if the U.S. took the CSA capital and more regions up there. I was able to get my guys up there in time and right after we took Richmond the war score jumped to 95 and the CSA was willing to deal.

v233.png

v237.png

That was a quick and easy war, I still was able to keep about 30 brigades back in Nebraska just in case a revolt broke out. My economy is looking better now to, I've been able to lower tariffs and the taxes on rich again so hopefully my industrial score will rise faster now and maybe pull ahead of Great Britain. All the military and industrial techs are now unlocked so I plan to research the rest of those and then focus on commerce so I can fund a larger army. I haven't built up any new forces other than a couple dreadnaughts since my last war with the U.K.. While I will likely need more if I want to start to expand outside of North America, I have enough troops right now to take on anyone in North America so I'm not going to put the drain on my economy. I might build a couple more airplanes to speed up occupation but I've got a pretty good handle on things.

The war ended a couple of months before my truce with the U.S. expired. Surprisingly the U.S. agreed to give Maryland to the CSA in the last war, despite the fact that the U.S. was beginning to occupy Virginia. I think the CSA might have occupied Washington first though which may have influenced the U.S. into seeking peace. The U.S. quickly demobilized after the war which left them with only 1 brigade and a huge rebel problem, just like last time.

I organize my forces around our border, I expect this to be another easy war. Most of it will just be my tanks fighting weaker conscripted infantry units and my planes should occupy things fast, the U.S. still has a few more states than the confederacy but they are all split up so all I have to do is knock each pocket and I'm good to go. The only real problem is that the CSA now surrounds Washington, meaning I won't be able to take their capital. I've got a stronger navy now though and I have access to Florida so I might be able to blockade their colonies and take Florida to get a good war score.

My goal for this war is to reach the Atlantic. I want to start off with Pennsylvania and then maybe take New Jersey and New York, I'm not sure how high I will be able to raise the war score but I hope to get those three states which should give me some key industrial areas as well as throw another nail in the USA's coffin. Without those three states they will really only have Massachusetts, New England, Michigan, Wisconsin, Florida, Minnesota, and South Dakota. They also have a bunch of colonies in the pacific which I will have to get to eventually if I want to completely annex them. I will probably be able to pick up another one of those states to if the war goes well enough. I start off the war by setting up a blockade around their Atlantic colonies, easy enough.

v238.png

The U.S. mobilizes and quickly fields 200 brigades, I had a bit more than that but I was still keeping some back in order to deal with any thing that may pop up. My strategy now revolves around the use of armies filled with airplane units and a little bit of infantry support , those will be used to quickly occupy regions. In addition to my occupying forces I have combat units made up of a mix of tanks, guards, and some cavalry that will be used to push forward and form a safety curtain for my occupying forces who will then take the regions from behind. The Americans try to put up a fight but they aren't able to break through or stop my wall of tanks and I manage to push them out of Pennsylvania and later New York. Out in Michigan and in their western states their brigades never really amounted to much and I was easily able to occupy those regions and wipe out those armies.

v239.png

v240.png

It doesn't take long for me to occupy all of New York and New Jersey, but when I start to reach Massachusetts I run into another rebel problem. Now since the U.S. has a war exhautions of 100%, they seem to get rebels every four months, which is really annoying because I have to fight the rebels in the provinces I have already occupied. This time though the rebels are New English nationalists, and I kind of want to see them in the game. Now my war score is already at about 85, currently I have demanded New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. I could occupy Washington along with the rest of the north east to get it up to 100% and I might be able to get Massachusetts, but I decide that I will just add Michigan and end the war at 85%. While I could've gotten a better region easy, I didn't want to disturb the rebels who would likely win since the U.S. always demobilizes once the war is over. Since they had no real brigades, I knew they wouldn't be able to beat the rebels.

v242.png

v241.png

I then propose peace to the U.S. and they accept

v243.png

v244.png

Later that year I got to host the Olympics as well.

v245.png

How many times have you recieved that message?
Good Job - maybe focus on some overseas happenings :) Get a piece of the Middle East, you can't be texas without it :)

Might I make a small request? Either use fewer pictures in the remaining updates, or compress them a bit more? I am quite enjoying your progress, but this AAR is hell for my crappy computer to load because of all the images! My display driver crashed and had to restart while loading this page today. :(

The Olympics in Texas? Sweet :cool:

Yeah take out the CSA, they've always been an eyesore to me.

Good update. Won't be long now before the CSA and USA are annexed and the British are driven out of of North America. Also, have you extended the end date and by how much have you extended it.

I always knew them durned liberals would institute a dictatorship! I guess it's up to Texas to save the You Ess of A!

Just wanted to say incredible report, I accidently clicked on it (never really read after action reports) and ended up getting hooked, having just read all 6 pages.

Awesome work ;)

How many times have you recieved that message?
Good Job - maybe focus on some overseas happenings :) Get a piece of the Middle East, you can't be texas without it :)

if you're refering to the olympics message that was the first time I got it, probably due to the fact you have to be at peace to get it.

Might I make a small request? Either use fewer pictures in the remaining updates, or compress them a bit more? I am quite enjoying your progress, but this AAR is hell for my crappy computer to load because of all the images! My display driver crashed and had to restart while loading this page today. :(

I've been trying to limit the number of screens I take. In the future I will try and make some a bit smaller though. My connection isn't all to great either so it's hell for me to upload all these as well.

Good update. Won't be long now before the CSA and USA are annexed and the British are driven out of of North America. Also, have you extended the end date and by how much have you extended it.

I don't know about annexing the U.S. since they have like 10 states in Ocenia but I can probably push them out of North America and move their capital down there if I extend the end date. I haven't extended it yet but I think I will go to 1945 when I do.

I always knew them durned liberals would institute a dictatorship! I guess it's up to Texas to save the You Ess of A!

ohh it gets worse

Well I'm back to playing V2 again after not doing anything for the past 2 weeks. I managed to get caught up on the writing though which is good. Anyway here is the next chapter.

Chapter 19: North America Is Not Enough

As you can probably guess from the title by now I've decided that I want to expand outside of the continent and since I can't really start wars with any of my neighbors yet, I set my sights on Korea. Nothing really too special about Korea other than the fact that I can completely annex it in one go (unlike Japan who was my first target). I load up about 22 brigades onto some of my transports and send them on the long voyage to Korea to go fight the commies.
v246.png

The Koreans don't put up much of fight, they start out with a few more troops than me but they are backwards technology wise so I win the first battle easy. After that my combat unit simply followed them around and since my army tech was just about maxed out, I was able to beat them into the province they were retreating to every time. I kept doing this until their army was no more. At the same time my occupying force was working it's way up the peninsula, things were under control here.

v247.png

v248.png

The occupation took a bit longer than I had planned though and my truce with the U.K. expired shortly before I could completely annex Korea. This wasn't too big a deal since I only had a small portion of my brigades out in Korea so I still had the man power back home to fight the British. I then declare war on the British, hoping to take the Northwest territories from them to solidify my hold on the western half of North America.

v249.png

Shortly after the U.S. gets taken over by reactionaries, the new English nationalists appeared to have failed.

v250.png

The battle with the U.K. is mostly one sided, my larger more advanced armies just pick off their stacks one by one and continue to advance into Canada. I don't get much battle points from this but I don't think I will be able to get Ontario and Northwest territories anyway so I don't need to push the score up too high.

A few months later I am able to fully annex Korea and I immediately start building brigades in the Korean region. To help boost my armies in Asia. I wind up getting attacked by 4 British brigades but they don't put up much of a fight. I then declare war on Japan, my goal is to pick up a region or two in this war and than annex them in 5 years. Japan is a bit tougher than Korea but I am able to use my navy to completely blockade them and prevent the movement of some of their troops between islands. I am also able to use the forces I raised in Korea to help fight Japan.

v252.png

Things don't change much in Canada. I continue to occupy regions while I avoid the major stack of Canadians in the middle of Quebec that just stands there the whole time. After a while I get my men in position to surround the army and then move in to wipe it out. Shortly after the battle starts I get a peace offer from the U.K. to hand over Nunavut. I probably could keep the war going and get more but that would require me taking territory outside of Canada which just wasn't a feasible option yet, plus the war was a bit of a drag on my economy so I peaced out and took what I came for. Now my borders look a little bit nicer in Canada.

v22.png

v23.png

Now with the U.K. out of the picture and my armies finished building in Korea I can focus solely on Japan. I move my troops from Korea to Japan and begin to push Northward. The problem is Japan has a large 200k stack of troops that I don't think I would be able to beat in an offensive battle, even with my advanced tech and 50K troops. I manage to work around them while keeping them from reclaiming any of their territories and I get a occupation force over to Edo which boosts the war score by a whole 13 points. By now I had the war score high enough that I could demand three regions. I figure I will just take them and focus more on building up my Asian armies rather than dragging out the war.

v24.png

For the first time in a long time Texas is completely at peace. My truce with Mexico did expire but they are currently being overrun by communist rebels so I will wait until the rebels are done in a couple of months before invading. That should be an easy war that will allow me to pick up another state down there. Until then I will focus on building up my army and navy so that I can start to challenge the U.K. and U.S. oversees.

Yeah for Texan Imperialism! I say driving them out of North America will be just as good as annexation. It would be funny to see the United States become a Pacific Island Nation as well.