• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 15: I Have Not Yet Begun to Fight!

Now the Infamy is no longer a factor for me, I can pretty much take whatever I want. The problem is, I have a truce with the U.S. for the next 5 years and my truce with the U.K. still has another 2 years on it. So if I want to expand I really only have two options, those being the CSA and Mexico. The CSA might be a bit difficult to take in only a year, plus I have good relations and they may end up in a war with the U.S. in a couple years so I leave them alone. Mexico on the other hand, is still hovering near the top of the secondary power rankings but isn't a global power and is still backwards technology wise, although they are making progress. Their regions aren't worth too much to me but if I were to take enough of them it would provide me with a highway to my spheres in central America which would allow me to defend them easier which is what I really need.

For some odd reason Mexico's states are very expensive, at the start it requires a 104 war score to take most of their states. If I were to occupy all of the regions in the state I could knock it down to 52 but still, that's pretty much one region at a time, meaning it will probably take me 2 more wars to get a good passageway through Mexico. I find the quickest way down through Mexico is along the west coast so I declare war on Mexico in hopes of taking Sonora. I later add Durango as a war goal since it's a bit cheaper then the other regions so I could take it along with Sonora in one war.

v28m.png

Mexico quickly mobilizes their reserves to boost their brigade total to about 150, however my forces are more advanced military wise and now have tanks. It doesn't take long for me to engage the Mexicans in several large battles and then proceed to surround them to easily wipe out their armies.

v29.png

It took a couple of months for me to completely wipe out their brigades but by about February of 1908, I had left Mexico defenseless. I continued to occupy regions but a couple of months later my truce with the U.K. expired and they immediately declared war. As you can see from the map below I've pretty much got a handle on things in Mexico, plus I had already left a few brigades up north to be ready for an attack. I send some of my troops up from Mexico to Canada while I leave the rest down in Mexico to finish the job and attack the U.K. in Belize so that they wouldn't cause any trouble for my spherlings.

v219.png

Due to my longer border, fighting off the U.K. was a bit more difficult this time. I'm able to use the Rockies to my advantage though as they tend to make up the entire border between Alberta and British Columbia. My main strategy up north is to set up a wall of defenders along my side of the border and try and bait the Canadians to attacking my mountain regions. The plan works perfectly as my armies just obliterate the British in the mountains and I am able to move my troops around behind them so that they are wiped out once they lose.

v223.png

v221.png

Down South my forces have finally managed to reach Mexico City and get the war score up to 85. This was barely enough to get the Mexicans to hand over Durango and Sonora, but they really didn't have much of a choice. With Mexico dealt with I could now focus my forces on Canada.

v224.png

v225.png

Now that almost all of my forces were dedicated to Canada I was able to trap the British at Fort Vermilion, where they had sent almost all of their brigades on the continent.

v212.png

After that the British armies in North America are scattered and weak and I just continue to march east and occupying everything I could. I had set my war goal to acquire Alberta but I thought be able to get Saskatchewan to. It would take some time to get my warscore high enough, but I still have a couple of years before I go to war with the U.S. again so I have time. During this war I even have enough time to send an expedition to the South pole, even after having missed out on the North Pole.

v213o.png

By the time I reach Manitoba the British army is starting to cause problems again. It's not that they're putting up a fight, but that they've managed to break through my regions and have started to occupy a couple of regions with just single brigades. I have to start playing whack a mole with them as the U.K. isn't ready to give up their two Canadian regions yet. I manage to make it all the way to Ontario a couple months later, and after sending an army out ahead to take Toronto, the U.K. was finally ready to let go.

v214.png

Now my borders kind of look like this, I like how it's no longer called British Canada.

v215.png

I will have to come back later for the Northwest territories, the hard thing about fighting the U.K. is that I won't be able to occupy their home islands so I can't get my war score up to 100% like I could with the U.S. or Mexico. I have been dreadnaught spamming and investing in naval tech lately though, so I may be able to pose a threat later in the game, although the end date is only about 25 years away. While I can always extend the end date, I still want to play the game like it's ending in 1936, just to see what I can get done.

The next two years are pretty quiet. As much as I want to go to war there really isn't a good target. I now have truces with the U.K., Mexico, and the U.S. along with good relations with the CSA. I could invade the CSA but I figure they will go to war with the U.S. a little bit before my truce with the U.S. expired which would weaken the U.S. for me. I considered breaking my truce with Mexico, however I didn't want to take the militancy hit and my war exhaustion was still at 7% from my last war with the U.S. so I didn't want to bother.

During this time I built up both my navies and my armies, which were probably tired after fighting three wars back to back to back. The U.S. still hasn't rebuilt most of the brigades they lost in the last war so I'm thinking I'll take a good shot at them in the next war, but you'll just have to wait for the next chapter to hear about that.

Maybe the taking of that state caused the change?

Ya, invade the British Isles. Texan invasion of Europe. First take Scotland from Britain, then land in France, take over Europe. or just take Canada and Mexico.

Conquer North America

I want to see the five letter word TEXAS scrawled across the face of a continent.

Also can we get a population page? I'd like to see how many citizens of greater Texas have assimilated to the Texan way.

Conquer North America

I want to see the five letter word TEXAS scrawled across the face of a continent.

Also can we get a population page? I'd like to see how many citizens of greater Texas have assimilated to the Texan way.

Sure, my game is about 2 chapters ahead of this AAR so this is kinda out in the future a bit but the percentages for people of Texan and Mexican culture have almost always been the same, probably because I keep conquering new areas filled with Yankees/Brits who dilute the number of Texans. I currently have about 11 million adult male texans.

v213o.png

I will go back in the game in a minute and get my total pop and the number of Texans not living in the state of Texas.

Also for those of you wondering, I will probably extend the end date if I don't conquer all of North America by 1936. I might do a little bit of conquering after that but I don't know if I want to go for the world conquest, that seems like it might take a while and it might be weird playing post 1945. If I do go for the WC I may come and add some extra chapters here every now and then but I won't be playing as frequently as I am now. Plus I have another AAR I plan to start after taking a quick break upon the completion of this one.

Last edited:
Sure, my game is about 2 chapters ahead of this AAR so this is kinda out in the future a bit but the percentages for people of Texan and Mexican culture have almost always been the same, probably because I keep conquering new areas filled with Yankees/Brits who dilute the number of Texans. I currently have about 11 million adult male texans.

v213o.png

I will go back in the game in a minute and get my total pop and the number of Texans not living in the state of Texas.

Also for those of you wondering, I will probably extend the end date if I don't conquer all of North America by 1936. I might do a little bit of conquering after that but I don't know if I want to go for the world conquest, that seems like it might take a while and it might be weird playing post 1945. If I do go for the WC I may come and add some extra chapters here every now and then but I won't be playing as frequently as I am now. Plus I have another AAR I plan to start after taking a quick break upon the completion of this one.

How do you extend the end date in the game. Do you use a Mod to do it?

The end date is 1936. :rolleyes:

Which is exactly why I want to extend it if I don't have North America conquered by then.

How do you extend the end date in the game. Do you use a Mod to do it?

I'm not exactly sure to be honest but I know it's possible. I believe I read somewhere that there is a file where the end date is stored and all you have to do is go in there and change it but I could be wrong. If not I'm sure I can find a mod that will let me.

I think its in defines.lua

This has got to be a Texian's dream come true! Congrats on your successful formation of the Empire of Texas!

I personally like the idea of extending the end date, but not the idea of going for a World Conquest. I think what you should go for instead is to conquer North America and then maybe steal some colonies from the Europeans and establish some more colonies in Asia and Africa, but to be honest, A WC does not seem as attractive.

I personally like the idea of extending the end date, but not the idea of going for a World Conquest. I think what you should go for instead is to conquer North America and then maybe steal some colonies from the Europeans and establish some more colonies in Asia and Africa, but to be honest, A WC does not seem as attractive.

That's what I was thinking. A WC seems like it would just get boring fast and take way too long for me. I'm fine with extending the end date but I don't want to be playing untill 1990 just to be able to conquer Turkey. Plus my game is starting to lag and it's only 1920 so I don't know if it would even make it that far.

Perhaps this will help stimulate further conquests -- you're (or will soon be) the new WritAAR of the Week! Congratulations!

Perhaps this will help stimulate further conquests -- you're (or will soon be) the new WritAAR of the Week! Congratulations!

Sweet, thanks for the award!

Chapter 16: Manifest Destiny, All The Way to The Atlantic!

By now the U.S. has mostly been taken over by rebels so they're really an easy target.

v210.png

As expected the CSA declared war on the U.S. shortly before my truce with the U.S. expired. I then declare war on the U.S. several days after my truce expired with them.

v216.png

Notice that the U.S. has demanded the annexation of the CSA (lol). Their war exhaustion is through the roof as well.

By now that war had been going on for awhile and both sides had already mobilized. Despite not mobilizing my own troops, I still have a good numbers advantage on the U.S., especially with the U.S. having to fight two wars. For the first few months I just roll into the U.S. without any resistance. I start to occupy the Dakotas and everything west of the Mississippi that the U.S. still had. I also sent my troops to occupy Indiana, and a couple of months later, Ohio. The level 4 and 5 forts that the U.S. had built in the midwest were really annoying but other then that, there was nothing out there to stop me from taking it all. Most American forces were already engaged with the CSA.

It wasn't until three months into the war that the U.S. started to really fight. I was able to draw them into a battle in Indiana and then get some brigades out into Ohio to cut off their retreat. I used this strategy again to wipe out some more of their brigades in Dayton and those two battles probably cost them about 50 brigades, about ¼ of their entire army. I also had unused brigades just chilling in Canada at the start of the war since I didn't really need them and I wasn't in a real hurry.

v218.png

As time went on the U.S. actually gained the upper hand in the war with the CSA and got the war score down into the 30s, most of that came from battles, but they still needed to get the war score to 70 to annex the CSA. I don't know how the CSA, was having so much trouble since I was just wrecking the U.S. up north but either way, if the CSA gets eaten up by the U.S., I can always take those southern regions from the U.S. so I'm not too worried. Plus the U.S. has a HUGE rebel problem, thanks to their high war exhaustion they seem to be getting mass revolts every few months ranging from fascists, to communists, to anarcho-libs .In fact once I saw both commies and fascists working together to occupy Washington. In this pic they are only commies but the guy in Philly made me chuckle.

v220.png

As my troops roll into Pennsylvania I begin to make my demands. First off I want Iowa and South Dakota. Those regions don't really mean much to me however, I would have to take them eventually and now just seemed like a good time to take them. I decided to leave North Dakota and Minnesota alone since I didn't want to extend my border with the U.K. much further. Even though my border is shorter now (not counting the Northwest territories which would be really easy to defend) than it was in the last war with the U.K. (which I won fairly easily), the regions aren't that great and I can end the war quicker with a shorter border. I still have room to add at least 2 more states and I eventually choose Indiana and Ohio. Indiana isn't that great but Ohio has a booming industry along with a population of 2 million, just a little less than that of New York.

Not only would losing Ohio be a big blow to their industry and population, but it will also give me a spring board to invade Pennsylvania and then New York in the next war, those regions are also very heavy industrially. The other big advantage is that it gives me a one region border with the U.S. in Ohio, they will still have some troops that can attack me from those states I've let them keep out west, but if they want they're big armies to advance west, they will have to come through Cleveland. More importantly, the Americans wouldn't be able to move armies between the western and eastern half of their countries during peacetime, meaning the rebels will pretty much take control of that part of the country, unless of course the U.S. decides to mobilize to crush the rebellion.

It takes me a long enough time but I eventually occupy all of the U.S. and get the war score to 99. It's getting harder for me to get the war score up by just occupying regions since the U.S. is almost to the point where they have more states in the pacific islands, then they do on North America. This might make it difficult to annex them in the future, but if I take everything except Washington from them by 1936, I will call it a win.

v223.png

v224.png

If that happens you just have to start occupying Pacific Islands. By that time, I expect their Navy to be shit and you should be able to get the islands without much trouble.

Congrats on the award Who you going to go to war with next?

If that happens you just have to start occupying Pacific Islands. By that time, I expect their Navy to be shit and you should be able to get the islands without much trouble.

Their navy is pretty beat up already, the only problem I think I'm going to have with them is not being able to take all their regions by 1936. I may get all of their North American regions, but I may need to extend the end date to get their pacific regions. I think I will end things there if thats what I have to extend the end date.

Congrats on the award Who you going to go to war with next?

Mexico, nothing too out there... yet