+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: The Lords of Prussia: from feudalism to modernity (a MMP2 AAR)

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Welcome back!

Wars of religion, here we come! It's too bad Denmark is Beckist, it would have been nice to relieve them of some of those German provinces.

And I am surprised the Aztecs managed to hold out until 1643--that's kind of an achievement, really.
    ex libris Christophori Sartorii, Equitis Ordinis Roberti Magni et Intimidati (OLIR),
    Fan of the week: 27 August 2011 & 27 February 2012

PORTA ATLANTICUM, PORTUS CLASSIS ~ Gate of the Atlantic, Port of the Fleet ~ an England MMU AAR
    WritAAR of the week: 21 Nov 2010 ~ AARland Choice AwAARds (EU History-Book): Q4 2010, Q2, Q3 2011, Q1 2012 (shared) ~ Weekly AAR Showcase: 3 Oct 2011 ~ Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness

Comte de Purchase Merrick Chance''s Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

There's gonna be some crazy stuff within the next two posts.

Hope you guys like critical theory perspectives of the balance of power idea and Grotius.
    Enough! You talk of the people's rights. The people only have those rights that I choose to give them, and that is for their own good, believe me--Dr.Doom

"Don't get me wrong, I am a strong fan of historical AARs and I believe that yours is the best I have ever read" --Ar7
    "This is /amazing/"--Scrollreader
    The Lords of Prussia: from feudalism to modernity: a Magna Mundi historybook AAR

"I was a fan of Lords of Prussia and your French sequel is just as good if not even better." --Jape
    Lords of France: Roads to the Enlightenment: A Magna Mundi historybook AAR

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor The GloryMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV

Oh yes, I do like those things...

Can't wait for the next one!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by banci View Post
    Can't wait for the next one!
    Dude, I haven't written anything on Lords of Prussia for nearly 3 years.
    Enough! You talk of the people's rights. The people only have those rights that I choose to give them, and that is for their own good, believe me--Dr.Doom

"Don't get me wrong, I am a strong fan of historical AARs and I believe that yours is the best I have ever read" --Ar7
    The Lords of Prussia: from feudalism to modernity: a Magna Mundi historybook AAR

"I was a fan of Lords of Prussia and your French sequel is just as good if not even better." --Jape

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

Hope springs eternal, or so they say. Maybe you'll do a sequel of sorts in EU IV MEIOU&Taxes? That would be the AAR of my dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by GulMacet View Post
    Hope springs eternal, or so they say. Maybe you'll do a sequel of sorts in EU IV MEIOU&Taxes? That would be the AAR of my dreams!
    It'd be a very different AAR because there were a lot of mistaken views I had about history when I wrote this (the biggest one was thinking that the state could somehow exist separately from society, which led me to 'buy in' to the Prussian myth of a rationalized state which also led to an ahistorically Enlightened Prussia in 1640). I do have an idea of writing a nice short Germany AAR between LoF1 and 2, but that'd be far more specific than the broad kind of AAR that LoP was.

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

Well, nobody said it had to be 'more of the same'. Just point M&T at the starting date and see where Brandenburgian/Prussian history goes from there, I'm certain your unique insight will make for a fascinating view of changing times!

Quote Originally Posted by GulMacet View Post
    Well, nobody said it had to be 'more of the same'. Just point M&T at the starting date and see where Brandenburgian/Prussian history goes from there, I'm certain your unique insight will make for a fascinating view of changing times!
    I mean, to be honest, it's taken me 2+ years to get to the 1670s with Lords of France and it'll probably take me another year to finish it, so I wouldn't be looking forward to writing any AAR with a Europa universalis timeframe again.

Quote Originally Posted by Merrick Chance' View Post
    I mean, to be honest, it's taken me 2+ years to get to the 1670s with Lords of France and it'll probably take me another year to finish it, so I wouldn't be looking forward to writing any AAR with a Europa universalis timeframe again.
    Have you ever thought about making a book of it? There must be tens of thousands/hundreds of thousands words included in LoF.
    Destroying blobs since 1995

Quote Originally Posted by SerialCereal View Post
    Have you ever thought about making a book of it? There must be tens of thousands/hundreds of thousands words included in LoF.
    The issue is that non-narrative fictional history is not exactly a common genre

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10