• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Welcome back!

Wars of religion, here we come! It's too bad Denmark is Beckist, it would have been nice to relieve them of some of those German provinces.

And I am surprised the Aztecs managed to hold out until 1643--that's kind of an achievement, really.

There's gonna be some crazy stuff within the next two posts.

Hope you guys like critical theory perspectives of the balance of power idea and Grotius.

Can't wait for the next one!

Hope springs eternal, or so they say. Maybe you'll do a sequel of sorts in EU IV MEIOU&Taxes? That would be the AAR of my dreams!

It'd be a very different AAR because there were a lot of mistaken views I had about history when I wrote this (the biggest one was thinking that the state could somehow exist separately from society, which led me to 'buy in' to the Prussian myth of a rationalized state which also led to an ahistorically Enlightened Prussia in 1640). I do have an idea of writing a nice short Germany AAR between LoF1 and 2, but that'd be far more specific than the broad kind of AAR that LoP was.

Well, nobody said it had to be 'more of the same'. Just point M&T at the starting date and see where Brandenburgian/Prussian history goes from there, I'm certain your unique insight will make for a fascinating view of changing times!

Well, nobody said it had to be 'more of the same'. Just point M&T at the starting date and see where Brandenburgian/Prussian history goes from there, I'm certain your unique insight will make for a fascinating view of changing times!

I mean, to be honest, it's taken me 2+ years to get to the 1670s with Lords of France and it'll probably take me another year to finish it, so I wouldn't be looking forward to writing any AAR with a Europa universalis timeframe again.

I mean, to be honest, it's taken me 2+ years to get to the 1670s with Lords of France and it'll probably take me another year to finish it, so I wouldn't be looking forward to writing any AAR with a Europa universalis timeframe again.

Have you ever thought about making a book of it? There must be tens of thousands/hundreds of thousands words included in LoF.

Have you ever thought about making a book of it? There must be tens of thousands/hundreds of thousands words included in LoF.

The issue is that non-narrative fictional history is not exactly a common genre