• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 7: A big surprise!

Chapter 7: A big surprise!
1461 - 1473

We enter 15 slow years that is only abrupted by three small insignificant wars. However, it's also a time of great joy from my side, and also great surprises. The greatest one was when Hungary entered a PU with us as the ruling king!

1personalunionhungary.png

We fight two revolution wars against Croatia and Serbia merely for the Prestige, the countries doesnt have any forces and is as such no problem to defeat.

2revolutionwaroverkill.png

5secondepointlesswar.png

However, in December 1462 a event that more or less has secured me from a west threath occured, our independence was guaranteed by France.

3francegoodbuddies.png

Croatia was in 1463 forced to become another one of our vassals.

4peaceagain.png

In 1463 we also reached production tech 8 and unfortunately our General Paguet died.

6advancementanddeath.png

Serbia gave up on the war in 1464 and we forced them to convert to Catholic.

7endofsecondpointlesswa.png

In 1965 we formalized our Scales, Measurements and Weights to great public joy.

8formalize.png

Bavaria decided they wanted to meddle with my ally, but instead it seems they put themselves in a tightspot. Bavaria was doomed with a 10:1 difference in troops

9bavians.png

Still, they fought well and it took two years to finally get peace.

11endofwar.png

In the late 1471 we were brought into a small war against the Papal States, we have an overwhelming advantage in numbers.

12luxembourgbackupsmall.png

13battleofrome.png

The war ends with the Papal states becoming our vassals in 1473.

16peacepapalstate.png

Again I failed to have a SS of the diplomatic standings, please don't kill me. I promise I'll bring it next time!​

Last edited:
Chapter 8: Holy Roman Emperor
1474-Aug. 1489

We start this with "Target Practice" in 1776, against five rebel regiments. They are quickly crushed by general Engelbert Paguet who dies just two years after in 1478.

1targetopractice.png

2deadgenelere.png

From then and up to 1484 nothing much happen, a few rebels and a little building, but then in 1484 we get astonising news.

4holyromanemperor.png

I didn't even try to become HRE, however it seems that our 3 vassals have managed to make us the HRE and that is great. Johann II of Luxembourg is the new Emperor.

Great? Well, I hate to say that it wasn't, only one and a half year after France declares war in February 1486. We have to fight them as it is our duty as HRE.

5frenchattackholyinterv.png

We do, however have terribly bad start, as it is only our troops that has to hold the French back as we wait for our allies to reach the frontlines. In the late 1486 we start pushing the French back into their own country.

6ourbiggestlossofarms.png

I also noticed something exciting, Great Britain has been established.

7greatbritain.png

In the early 1489 we start pushing France back and several of their provinces has been successfully sieged.

8wargoeswellstartingtog.png

As you can see, France is now more or less at war with nearly all of Europe.

9franceisatwarwithhalft.png

10francevstheworld.png

The weakened France is forced to peace against Burgundy on the 31st of July with these terms.

11francecrumbles.png

The end of the war however, comes when we force peace on them in August 1489.

12franceisdefeated.png

This is how our kingdom looks after the war with the French:

13endofperiod2.png

And our current standing in the world:

13endofperiod.png

Chapter 9: Holy Roman Intervention

Chapter 9: Holy Roman Intervention
Aug.1489-1495

We start with a new mission, Italy is ripe, I will cancel that when I can as I don't have time or infamity for that, I have plans!

1italyisripe.png

My plans include some warfare, more important warfare than playing around in far away Italy. That plan includes annexation of Liege. After all, I am the Emperor now! We declare war of them and what luck, Burgundy buts in, I want one of their provinces aswell!

2liegeexcomwar.png

The battle of Namur marks the fall of Liege as Brabant is trying to help them, I'm not interested in Brabant and I don't really see why Burgundy joined the war as they already are pretty chrushed after the France war.

3onebattle.png

And offcourse we forced peace against Burgundy..

5burgundyleace.png

The release of Nevers gave some unexpected results...

4apricerestored.png

We also figured we would improve our tecs a little..

7techadvance.png

And then we get bugged down with Holy Roman Intervention, damn you Bohemia!

8holywar.png

Don't you know that all who stands in the way of the Emperor dies?

9andimportantbattle.png

10theend.png

11finalpush.png

And then, in 1494 we force peace and force them to release Silesia, Tirol and Poland, I should get 30 points!

12aprincerestored.png

Now we can tend to Liege again, I forgot I was in war with them...

13annexationofliege.png

Our current Empire(Gains in pink with last chapters in violet):

15provincegains.png

Our current status:

14endofthisreign.png

You know, you could try diplovassalising those newly released nations (apart from the theocracies, obv). Make a royal marriage, and next month ask vassalship. They have no army and little in the way of economy. I don't think they'll refuse. :)

I love to see Luxembourg rising from the ashes xD

So do I :D

You know, you could try diplovassalising those newly released nations (apart from the theocracies, obv). Make a royal marriage, and next month ask vassalship. They have no army and little in the way of economy. I don't think they'll refuse. :)

Good point, haven't played much of a diplomatic game other than forcingvassals so far, will try to change it up a little :)

Well done beating both austria and france

Thank you :) To their defence they were already weakened by war when I attacked them..

Chapter Ten: HRI
1496-1503

As we start our journey from 1496 to 1503 we start of with, you guessed it, another surprise. This time we have taken control over the Holy See and become a Papal Controller... Only thing that was good about it was that I now can break RM without penalty :D

1papalcontroller.png

Nothing interesting there really, the first thing of a little importance is our second HRI war that breaks out in October 1496 against Styria. The war is won a little later as it is a massive difference in troops.

2holyromanwar.png

We live the next to years peacefully, only abrupted by "Military Thinkers" event that makes Land tech 2.5% cheaper...

3militarythinkers.png

And then, we end up fighting our third HRI war in 1499 against Aquileia and their 2000 men.. The reason is that they have eaten Styria... Lets set 'em free...

4hrw.png

The same year the war ends and Styria is once again a HRE country...

6warwon.png

We had a mission "Subjugate Baden", the CB on that mission was coming dangerously close to the end. However I did see what the Holy See was good for as I know could break a Royal Marriage without any penalty. Bohemia also joined in.

7luxemsubjugation.png

We decided to kick Bohemian ass first, the result was this:

9peace.png

Then it was Badens turn..

10secondopeace.png

Mission Success! Now, our new mission is to annex Cologne. I am unsure if I'm gonna do that or not.

11integratecologne.png

As the HRE we are dragged into another war against Guyenne, as usual I end up being the leader of our side and I more or less sit on the sidelines while my allies do the fighting.

12holyintervention.png

Fine, I did do a little..

13finalbattlet.png

Protestantism has reached our country, now what to do ?

14protestant.png

Guyenne gives up close to the end of 1503 with this:

15endofwarpeaceguyenne.png

Europe today:

16mapofeurope.png

Current Status:

17politicalstat.png

Chapter Ten: Johan II

Chapter Eleven: Johann II
1504-1509

I'm beginning to like war so whats better to start with than a war against Styria?

1excomwar.png

The battle of Graz and the siege of Krain marked the end of this war already in 1505, boring...

2battle.png

3siegew.png

Two years after, we are back on the battle field, this time we're up against Tirol. A real pain in the ass that WE! gave birth to!

4holyint4.png

However, they still ain't at our level when it comes to war

5battle.png

And because of that we get peace in 1508.

6endofwar.png

Well, that didn't last, two months later we go up against Hesse.

7vassalwars.png

And this time, Big Bad Sweden joins in :O

8littleoutofhand.png

Wurzburg is forced vassals in 1509.

9wursburggivesup.png

Much happens in 1509, Sweden backs off.

10peace.png

Our beloved king and HRE dies. His 57 year old heir takes over...

11deadleader.png

Other than that incredibly little happens, this is our current standing.

13endperiod.png

And I felt that good old Johann II deserves a little praise.

johannii.png

johannii2.png

johannii3.png

Chapter Twelve: Diplomatic Ways

Chapter Twelve: Diplomatic Ways
1510-1516

We start out with yet another war, this time against Thuringen. We have an Imperial Liberation CB on them and we declare war.

1cb.png

We outnumber our opponents 3:1 when only the closest allies is called in.

2sides.png

And in 1511 Thuringa is deafeated and is forced to be our vassals.

3peace.png

The funny thing is that after that war, I saw the world of diplo-vassalizing. And it was fun! We started out with Poland in 1511,

4vassalpoland.png

Followed up by Silesia in the same year,

5silesiavassal.png

After an unsuccesfull 1512 we have some luck in 1513 and vassal Bavaria, Ulm, Orleans and Bourbonais.

6vassalorleans.png

7bourbonnais.png

Then, on November 27th 1513 we decide to attack France as we have a Holy Reconquest or something like that against them.

8warvsfrance.png

We start by giving some Frenchies a lesson in what happens if you attack us, they seem to be good learners,

9firstclash.png

Still, they need extra classes:

10secondclash.png

France also comes with a desperate Sue for Peace:

11francegottomuchmoney.png

At the battle of Cremonia on October 6th 1515, its do or die for the French, their last remaining large army is trapped. The result:

12lastfrench.png

Peace resolutions came after that, along with a funny event:

13frenchpeace.png

It seems that all the provinces I'm allowed to take for 0 infamity gives me a core aswell :O
Champagne was released from the French and was vassialized in 1516.

14champisvassals.png

My "New provinces" in the Italy area.

15ourcurrentterritory.png

Our Influence:

16diploreich.png

Central Europe map:

17centraleurope.png

Thanks for reading! And I also apologize for the excessive amount of pictures on one page of forum...​

This is absolutely incredible; you've run amok all over Europe! My hat is off to you, and I eagerly await more.

Wow! Can anything stop Luxembourg and its vassal armies now?

I'm not sure, Castille and Great Britain are both rather powerfull I presume. I will check it after I've posted the next chapter. I'll add some statistics to the chapter after and we'll see :)
This is absolutely incredible; you've run amok all over Europe! My hat is off to you, and I eagerly await more.

Thank you, I will add another chapter today, only the screenshots left to fix :)

Chapter Thirteen: Regency Bastards!

Chapter Thirteen: Regency Bastards!
1517-1524

We continue this period where we left off the last time, by trying to diplomatically vassialize our neighbours. We succeed with Brunswick.

1brunswickvassal.png

Then we decide to go Protestant because of the bonuses, also the HRE religion become Protestant :D

2convert.png

I also notice that "Religious Unity" is a great way to achieve Imperial Authority, not that I have much of a clue what it is used for.

3oneempireonefaithgreat.png

However, I learn soon after and try to implement Reichregiment, seemingly a fail as nothing happens.

4reichs.png

Rebels are present as usual, apperantly they don't like our expansions.

5targetopractice2.png

And then, on the 28th of May 1521, a really bothersome thing happens. The king dies and we get a regency council for the first time. And the first thing the damned council do is to Inherit all of our PU's!

6thekingisdeadlonglivet.png

Hungarys provinces is more or less worthless so I released them as a vassal along with Hum and Ragusa. I will try to get rid of anything bellow 10 income. Also it seems that Bugundy will have us on their door to make a land connection to our Milan Branch. For Brandenburg we realeased Anhalt and sold the other uncored province. In other words, I kept Milan and Brandenburg but released everything else as vassals and sold uncored provinces to them.

7selling.png

The reign of the regency council is a short one and on the 28th of October 1521, exactly five months after the regency council took charge we have a new king and a heir.

8newking.png

We did have annex Holland as our mission and I decide to do just that the day after the new king was inagurated.

9hollandisintregrated.png

Then, in March the following year the king has started his first battle against the French to regain Roman Empire provinces.

10warvsfrance.png

Our troops fighting in France is apperantly a good time for Burgundy to declare war on us which they do on the 4th of August 1522.

11burgundianbasterds.png

The battle of Namur effictively ends the war vs. France as we destroy a 27. regiment stack that has been hassled and tempered by our forces.

12biggervitories.png

13battleu.png

The small Burgundian army is also effectively chrushed in September 1423.

14burgundydown.png

Peace is soon after gained with Burgundy and on the 24th December 1423 we get our Christmas gift.

15peaceburgun.png

We still fight with the French and gain Boundary Dispute that gives us a core on Avignon.

16protectourfaith.png

On the 4th of August 1524 France gives up and hands over the two HRE provinces that we instantly gain cores on, the provinces are Oldenberg and Stade. To top that we get a sweet 600 ducats.

17defeatoffrance.png

Political map + gains in Europe:

18diplomatic.png

What Imperial authority does is allow you to pass imperial reforms when imperial authority reaches 30. If you pass all the reforms , you form the HRE. What that means is that your country's name and flag change to the HRE and then every province that is in the HRE and belongs to a member state of the HRE will come under your control. the only catch is that the second to last decision, which makes all of the HRE members your vassals, causes all states that vote no to leave the HRE and declare war on you. In other words, make sure that most of the HRE will support you before you take that decision or you could be in for a rather nasty surprise. It would make diploannexing your vassals go much faster if you want to do that.

I'm having a little bit of a dilemma and could use some advice, should I go into wars with the African and American nations, would it over time prove good economically ? Or should I stay in Europe and wreck havoc and try to take down GB and Castille ?

Holy crap, that's alot of territory to inherate. I say go for Africa, lots of money to be made down their.. But i somehow i doubt that's a problem for you :) Can you create The Netherlands or Germany as Luxembourg?