+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Luxemburg AAR

Captain
    Crusader Kings IIEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Chapter 7: A big surprise!

Chapter 7: A big surprise!
    1461 - 1473

We enter 15 slow years that is only abrupted by three small insignificant wars. However, it's also a time of great joy from my side, and also great surprises. The greatest one was when Hungary entered a PU with us as the ruling king!

We fight two revolution wars against Croatia and Serbia merely for the Prestige, the countries doesnt have any forces and is as such no problem to defeat.

However, in December 1462 a event that more or less has secured me from a west threath occured, our independence was guaranteed by France.

Croatia was in 1463 forced to become another one of our vassals.

In 1463 we also reached production tech 8 and unfortunately our General Paguet died.

Serbia gave up on the war in 1464 and we forced them to convert to Catholic.

In 1965 we formalized our Scales, Measurements and Weights to great public joy.

Bavaria decided they wanted to meddle with my ally, but instead it seems they put themselves in a tightspot. Bavaria was doomed with a 10:1 difference in troops

Still, they fought well and it took two years to finally get peace.

In the late 1471 we were brought into a small war against the Papal States, we have an overwhelming advantage in numbers.

The war ends with the Papal states becoming our vassals in 1473.

Again I failed to have a SS of the diplomatic standings, please don't kill me. I promise I'll bring it next time!
    Last edited by Hawkiee; 06-06-2011 at 03:55.

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Nice job!

How high is your infamy?
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by sad king billy View Post
    How high is your infamy?
    Around 12, not to high as my limit is close to 40..

Captain

Chapter 8: Holy Roman Emperor
    1474-Aug. 1489

We start this with "Target Practice" in 1776, against five rebel regiments. They are quickly crushed by general Engelbert Paguet who dies just two years after in 1478.

From then and up to 1484 nothing much happen, a few rebels and a little building, but then in 1484 we get astonising news.

I didn't even try to become HRE, however it seems that our 3 vassals have managed to make us the HRE and that is great. Johann II of Luxembourg is the new Emperor.

Great? Well, I hate to say that it wasn't, only one and a half year after France declares war in February 1486. We have to fight them as it is our duty as HRE.

We do, however have terribly bad start, as it is only our troops that has to hold the French back as we wait for our allies to reach the frontlines. In the late 1486 we start pushing the French back into their own country.

I also noticed something exciting, Great Britain has been established.

In the early 1489 we start pushing France back and several of their provinces has been successfully sieged.

As you can see, France is now more or less at war with nearly all of Europe.

The weakened France is forced to peace against Burgundy on the 31st of July with these terms.

The end of the war however, comes when we force peace on them in August 1489.

This is how our kingdom looks after the war with the French:

And our current standing in the world:

Captain

Chapter 9: Holy Roman Intervention

Chapter 9: Holy Roman Intervention
    Aug.1489-1495

We start with a new mission, Italy is ripe, I will cancel that when I can as I don't have time or infamity for that, I have plans!

My plans include some warfare, more important warfare than playing around in far away Italy. That plan includes annexation of Liege. After all, I am the Emperor now! We declare war of them and what luck, Burgundy buts in, I want one of their provinces aswell!

The battle of Namur marks the fall of Liege as Brabant is trying to help them, I'm not interested in Brabant and I don't really see why Burgundy joined the war as they already are pretty chrushed after the France war.

And offcourse we forced peace against Burgundy..

The release of Nevers gave some unexpected results...

We also figured we would improve our tecs a little..

And then we get bugged down with Holy Roman Intervention, damn you Bohemia!

Don't you know that all who stands in the way of the Emperor dies?

And then, in 1494 we force peace and force them to release Silesia, Tirol and Poland, I should get 30 points!

Now we can tend to Liege again, I forgot I was in war with them...

Our current Empire(Gains in pink with last chapters in violet):

Our current status:

I love to see Luxembourg rising from the ashes xD
    Nothing to say.

Fan of the Week - 31 July, 2011

You know, you could try diplovassalising those newly released nations (apart from the theocracies, obv). Make a royal marriage, and next month ask vassalship. They have no army and little in the way of economy. I don't think they'll refuse.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection

Well done beating both austria and france
    I was Sir blsteen, Knight of the Eastern West... in :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR:

I was FOTW 11/25/09 and 9/12/10

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFish View Post
    I love to see Luxembourg rising from the ashes xD
    So do I

Quote Originally Posted by sad king billy View Post
    You know, you could try diplovassalising those newly released nations (apart from the theocracies, obv). Make a royal marriage, and next month ask vassalship. They have no army and little in the way of economy. I don't think they'll refuse.
    Good point, haven't played much of a diplomatic game other than forcingvassals so far, will try to change it up a little

Quote Originally Posted by blsteen View Post
    Well done beating both austria and france
    Thank you To their defence they were already weakened by war when I attacked them..

Captain

Chapter Ten: HRI
    1496-1503

As we start our journey from 1496 to 1503 we start of with, you guessed it, another surprise. This time we have taken control over the Holy See and become a Papal Controller... Only thing that was good about it was that I now can break RM without penalty

Nothing interesting there really, the first thing of a little importance is our second HRI war that breaks out in October 1496 against Styria. The war is won a little later as it is a massive difference in troops.

We live the next to years peacefully, only abrupted by "Military Thinkers" event that makes Land tech 2.5% cheaper...

And then, we end up fighting our third HRI war in 1499 against Aquileia and their 2000 men.. The reason is that they have eaten Styria... Lets set 'em free...

The same year the war ends and Styria is once again a HRE country...

We had a mission "Subjugate Baden", the CB on that mission was coming dangerously close to the end. However I did see what the Holy See was good for as I know could break a Royal Marriage without any penalty. Bohemia also joined in.

We decided to kick Bohemian ass first, the result was this:

Then it was Badens turn..

Mission Success! Now, our new mission is to annex Cologne. I am unsure if I'm gonna do that or not.

As the HRE we are dragged into another war against Guyenne, as usual I end up being the leader of our side and I more or less sit on the sidelines while my allies do the fighting.

Fine, I did do a little..

Protestantism has reached our country, now what to do ?

Guyenne gives up close to the end of 1503 with this:

Europe today:

Current Status:

Captain

Chapter Ten: Johan II

Chapter Eleven: Johann II
    1504-1509

I'm beginning to like war so whats better to start with than a war against Styria?

The battle of Graz and the siege of Krain marked the end of this war already in 1505, boring...

Two years after, we are back on the battle field, this time we're up against Tirol. A real pain in the ass that WE! gave birth to!

However, they still ain't at our level when it comes to war

And because of that we get peace in 1508.

Well, that didn't last, two months later we go up against Hesse.

And this time, Big Bad Sweden joins in :O

Wurzburg is forced vassals in 1509.

Much happens in 1509, Sweden backs off.

Our beloved king and HRE dies. His 57 year old heir takes over...

Other than that incredibly little happens, this is our current standing.

And I felt that good old Johann II deserves a little praise.

Captain

Chapter Twelve: Diplomatic Ways

Chapter Twelve: Diplomatic Ways
    1510-1516

We start out with yet another war, this time against Thuringen. We have an Imperial Liberation CB on them and we declare war.

We outnumber our opponents 3:1 when only the closest allies is called in.

And in 1511 Thuringa is deafeated and is forced to be our vassals.

The funny thing is that after that war, I saw the world of diplo-vassalizing. And it was fun! We started out with Poland in 1511,

Followed up by Silesia in the same year,

After an unsuccesfull 1512 we have some luck in 1513 and vassal Bavaria, Ulm, Orleans and Bourbonais.

Then, on November 27th 1513 we decide to attack France as we have a Holy Reconquest or something like that against them.

We start by giving some Frenchies a lesson in what happens if you attack us, they seem to be good learners,

Still, they need extra classes:

France also comes with a desperate Sue for Peace:

At the battle of Cremonia on October 6th 1515, its do or die for the French, their last remaining large army is trapped. The result:

Peace resolutions came after that, along with a funny event:

It seems that all the provinces I'm allowed to take for 0 infamity gives me a core aswell :O
    Champagne was released from the French and was vassialized in 1516.

My "New provinces" in the Italy area.

Our Influence:

Central Europe map:

Thanks for reading! And I also apologize for the excessive amount of pictures on one page of forum...

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Wow! Can anything stop Luxembourg and its vassal armies now?

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

This is absolutely incredible; you've run amok all over Europe! My hat is off to you, and I eagerly await more.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Auk Rest View Post
    Wow! Can anything stop Luxembourg and its vassal armies now?
    I'm not sure, Castille and Great Britain are both rather powerfull I presume. I will check it after I've posted the next chapter. I'll add some statistics to the chapter after and we'll see
    Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    This is absolutely incredible; you've run amok all over Europe! My hat is off to you, and I eagerly await more.
    Thank you, I will add another chapter today, only the screenshots left to fix

Youtube: Hawkiee92

Let's plays for EU IV, Crusader Kings II and some other stuff...

Captain

Chapter Thirteen: Regency Bastards!

Chapter Thirteen: Regency Bastards!
    1517-1524

We continue this period where we left off the last time, by trying to diplomatically vassialize our neighbours. We succeed with Brunswick.

Then we decide to go Protestant because of the bonuses, also the HRE religion become Protestant

I also notice that "Religious Unity" is a great way to achieve Imperial Authority, not that I have much of a clue what it is used for.

However, I learn soon after and try to implement Reichregiment, seemingly a fail as nothing happens.

Rebels are present as usual, apperantly they don't like our expansions.

And then, on the 28th of May 1521, a really bothersome thing happens. The king dies and we get a regency council for the first time. And the first thing the damned council do is to Inherit all of our PU's!

Hungarys provinces is more or less worthless so I released them as a vassal along with Hum and Ragusa. I will try to get rid of anything bellow 10 income. Also it seems that Bugundy will have us on their door to make a land connection to our Milan Branch. For Brandenburg we realeased Anhalt and sold the other uncored province. In other words, I kept Milan and Brandenburg but released everything else as vassals and sold uncored provinces to them.

The reign of the regency council is a short one and on the 28th of October 1521, exactly five months after the regency council took charge we have a new king and a heir.

We did have annex Holland as our mission and I decide to do just that the day after the new king was inagurated.

Then, in March the following year the king has started his first battle against the French to regain Roman Empire provinces.

Our troops fighting in France is apperantly a good time for Burgundy to declare war on us which they do on the 4th of August 1522.

The battle of Namur effictively ends the war vs. France as we destroy a 27. regiment stack that has been hassled and tempered by our forces.

The small Burgundian army is also effectively chrushed in September 1423.

Peace is soon after gained with Burgundy and on the 24th December 1423 we get our Christmas gift.

We still fight with the French and gain Boundary Dispute that gives us a core on Avignon.

On the 4th of August 1524 France gives up and hands over the two HRE provinces that we instantly gain cores on, the provinces are Oldenberg and Stade. To top that we get a sweet 600 ducats.

Political map + gains in Europe:

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2

What Imperial authority does is allow you to pass imperial reforms when imperial authority reaches 30. If you pass all the reforms , you form the HRE. What that means is that your country's name and flag change to the HRE and then every province that is in the HRE and belongs to a member state of the HRE will come under your control. the only catch is that the second to last decision, which makes all of the HRE members your vassals, causes all states that vote no to leave the HRE and declare war on you. In other words, make sure that most of the HRE will support you before you take that decision or you could be in for a rather nasty surprise. It would make diploannexing your vassals go much faster if you want to do that.
    Fan of the Week: 5/2/10

"Those who do not know the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them"
    "It is good that war is so terrible or we would grow to fond of it" Robert E. Lee
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake" Napoleon Bonaparte
    "In politics, stupidity is not a handicap" Napoleon Bonaparte
    My First AAR:Last Bastion of Freedom : The US alone against the Fascist Worldresumed
    My second AAR Rise of the Mecklenburg Empire

Captain

I'm having a little bit of a dilemma and could use some advice, should I go into wars with the African and American nations, would it over time prove good economically ? Or should I stay in Europe and wreck havoc and try to take down GB and Castille ?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Holy crap, that's alot of territory to inherate. I say go for Africa, lots of money to be made down their.. But i somehow i doubt that's a problem for you Can you create The Netherlands or Germany as Luxembourg?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast