• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Galinette

Corporal
8 Badges
Sep 28, 2010
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
I formed Germany, without getting any Austrian provinces.
My goal was to get later the Austrian main cores (Tirol, Osterreich and Steimark), and release others countries, to avoid a boring Uber Germany game.

Then, Austria-Hungary formed and i made them release Austria as Tirol province (which means they are in my SOI).

Will the German winds event fire and make Austria join Germany even if there are " 2 Austria " ? Can i repeat this kind of thing later to get other provinces (e.g make Autria-Hungary release Austria with Osterreich province, and wait for them to join ?)

Btw, i can't find that event in game files. Could anyone tell me where it is located ?

I formed Germany, without getting any Austrian provinces.
My goal was to get later the Austrian main cores (Tirol, Osterreich and Steimark), and release others countries, to avoid a boring Uber Germany game.

Then, Austria-Hungary formed and i made them release Austria as Tirol province (which means they are in my SOI).

Will the German winds event fire and make Austria join Germany even if there are " 2 Austria " ? Can i repeat this kind of thing later to get other provinces (e.g make Autria-Hungary release Austria with Osterreich province, and wait for them to join ?)

Btw, i can't find that event in game files. Could anyone tell me where it is located ?

Yes, the "regular" Austria you released from Austria-Hungary will join you if you have it in your SoI and you wait long enough. I'm not sure if you can repeat it later though, there may be a flag that it applies similiar to how Texas can't re-apply for statehood if you release it as the USA.