Thread: Pride of Nations (press version 1.01a) DAR (during action report): Glorious Russia!!!

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    LegioLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Naval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldStarvoidVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Pride of Nations (press version 1.01a) DAR (during action report): Glorious Russia!!!

So The Wargamer forums seem to be acting a little strange, so I'll post this here. My first report is located here.

Mother Russia, February 1854. Turn 100.

The war with the Ottoman Empire went well: I was able to make them release a new nation: Bosnia-Hezer....Bosnia-Here...Bosnia. I still want the province that is rightfully mine, but my generals have a nasty habit of dying during the cold, glorious Russian winters and I lack the leaders to guide my corps onwards towards glorious victory. Maybe next year.

I kindly asked our good friends the Ottoman Empire, who I had recently invaded, so open up paths to the Holy Land. They declined, and subsequently drew France and Great Britain into a war with me! A shameful display! Luckily, a quick white peace was earned with France, but not so with Great Britain. The war is, honestly, not very epic: every once in a while they partially damage a merchant ship in a trading zone while my majestic Baltic Fleet runs out of supplies trying to defend.

Things are much better on the economic front, as the glorious Russia economy is relying less and less on foreign imports. This is due to skillful decisions involving the placement of mining and factory operations; it's a lot better to trust yourself than some stinky automated capitalist that knows little! I am now making more money on imports than I am losing on exports. The minor nations of France and the United States of America are buying glorious Russian mechanical parts! Russia means Quality!

Glorious Russian colonies are spreading across the globe in exotic places like Primorie, where I have surpassed China in colonial penetration. Nobody penetrates like the Russians! I've been sending merchants, dealing with the natives, and building roads all in the name of sweet, sweet prestige.

That is all for now! It's February, and my keyboard has frozen over.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings
    Warlock 2: The Exiled

Looks like the Wargamer forum 'sploded .. on a weekend nonetheless.

Shamefur Dispray!

Thanks for continuing here Jag! That's some deep penetration!
    Last edited by Nefaro; 29-05-2011 at 01:24. Reason: LOL!

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Interesting. When the time comes, do you plan on selling Alaska to the Americans or to keep it for yourself?

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    Naval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuShip Simulator Extremes

I haven't thought that far ahead yet. Can you even sell colonies?

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Bravo sir!

As Russia is my favourite nation to play in PoN, I shall look upon this with great interest.

Splendid DAR, Jaguar. Thanks a lot :-)

Looking forward to play holy mother Russia and bring superior (if only drinking) culture to the rest of those backward civilizations.

Btw: How long does the waiting between turns last in your play?

Quote Originally Posted by chrism2012 View Post
    Btw: How long does the waiting between turns last in your play?
    3:45

You make money on imports and lose money on exports?
    Isn't it the other way around?

In Soviet Russia, goods import YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by JaguarUSF View Post
    In Soviet Russia, goods import YOU.
    But you are in Tsarist Russia, my friend. Have you thought of building the Trans-Siberian railway yet? I wonder if you can do that so early in the game.

I have more pressing issues at the moment: the war with Khiva is taking longer than I had anticipated because of the lack of supplies. Who knew that fighting in a desert would be difficult?

Small progress update of glorious Russia if people are interested (and who wouldn't be!).
    1. The war with Khiva is basically over, as I have taken all of their provinces. There is the occasional rebel uprising I have to deal with, but nothing too terrible.
    2. I am now focusing on railroads (something I forgot to do until just recently), connecting the cities with the most factories/farms together to reap the significant production bonus.
    3. So I was spending some private capital importing wine from France. How dare those dirty Frenchmen take my money! So, I built a vineyard in Austria (as Russia has no native wine-producing provinces) and export the wine directly to myself. Very nice!
    4. I have lots of large military units parked along the border with the Ottoman Empire. Waiting for the patch that adds the ability for crises to occur with non-great powers...*insert evil laugh*
    5. Colonization goes well: Primorie is almost a formal colony, and now I am working on the newly-conquered Khiva and Kazakhstan. I might move on to Afghanistan if I had more valid colonial options available for that region.

I think that's about it. I am still doing at least one thing per turn, which is a good thing in my book.

Krasnoyarskaya Str. h. 31, apartment 3,Chita 672010 Russia
    Russia means Quality!
    I like the phrase! It sounds so epic. Wish it will be true sometime.

Nobody penetrates like the Russians!
    Ha-ha! That's true, I said. Nice style, go on in the same manor and more excitement please.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind

Small progress update of glorious Russia if people are interested (and who wouldn't be!).
    1. The war with Khiva is basically over, as I have taken all of their provinces. There is the occasional rebel uprising I have to deal with, but nothing too terrible.
    2. I am now focusing on railroads (something I forgot to do until just recently), connecting the cities with the most factories/farms together to reap the significant production bonus.
    3. So I was spending some private capital importing wine from France. How dare those dirty Frenchmen take my money! So, I built a vineyard in Austria (as Russia has no native wine-producing provinces) and export the wine directly to myself. Very nice!
    4. I have lots of large military units parked along the border with the Ottoman Empire. Waiting for the patch that adds the ability for crises to occur with non-great powers...*insert evil laugh*
    5. Colonization goes well: Primorie is almost a formal colony, and now I am working on the newly-conquered Khiva and Kazakhstan. I might move on to Afghanistan if I had more valid colonial options available for that region.

I think that's about it. I am still doing at least one thing per turn, which is a good thing in my book.
    Sounds like a rip roaring good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Thormodr View Post
    Sounds like a rip roaring good time.
    On any other forum, you'd be making fun of me. But not here.

Crusader Kings IIVictoria: RevolutionsRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    Europa Universalis IV

Which is the turn you are playing?

Thanks for the report.

Quote Originally Posted by beuckelssen View Post
    Which is the turn you are playing?
    I am on turn 190, which is late November 1857.

On any other forum, you'd be making fun of me. But not here.

Lol. Yes, indeed. I am a full fledged member of geeks anonymous.

Makes me eager! One day and a wakeup, right?