• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Urko

First Lieutenant
26 Badges
Jun 18, 2003
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • For The Glory
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
Rise of Asia Scenario for Watkabaoi
(by Urko)​

Hello everyone. I had not posted like... in 5 years? But I've playing in SP or private MP games this classic :).

The reason to post this thread is some months ago I began looking after Asia inside this mod (btw, THANKS Cool Toxic and ALL the others who made it, I always play using it now). Asia had been improved in it, but I though it still had some little matters where it could be even more complete. So I began reading country by country the history of the main Asian powers of this age 1337-Early 1800s (mainly wikipedia, don't hate me! :D) And so, I began changing starting techs in a few cases according to the levels I read about (only China has a noticeable up in this), then added the historical events with all the backup after reading and re-reading, including dozens of flavour, then some options B (all of B were in the same style as in the whole game, nothing crazy), and of course began adding the leaders for the countries. Finally, some cities, known areas in Asia were changed, a couple graphics added, then checked for bugs, balances etc, then kept reading about Asian Minors and added events, then made sure in a few countries that they became 'playable' being not unfair by "plausible events", correctly separated in a different eventfile so that "purists" can play without them (like you can start as Chagatays and pick Tamerlan rebellion releasing Chagatay instead of the other way around, so you can have continuity in the game in the construction of the line. Also made possible being on the Ming side with an enormous set of Chinese civil war events, playing as Shere Khan himself of Delhi against Moghal invasion and much more...).

In the end... hundreds of historical leaders (none plausible here), of options and hundreds of enormous historical omitted events were added. Graphics improved, populations and sights historicalized, some other changes implemented and... And by then, I realized I had done a whole expansion for this wonderful Mod I am so thankfull for.
So today, after feeling real shy about it, I understood it would be somewhat egoistic keeping it to myself and the version 2.01 is ready so here I uploaded. I did a big README which tells the main stuff about this scenario. By the way, it still has a fairly important to-do list for a few nations.

Thank you for reading this and for any comment/feedback/suggestion/idea/contribution/complaints (all of them are welcomed) regarding the scenario.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also may be useful the watkabaoi to Vicky converter if you want to go on since 1836, so i link it too (Note; I didn't create the converter, cool-toxic did);

http://www.2shared.com/file/Zmk7Z0Lm/ConvertersEu2.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RoA 2.3.1 is now up

- Updated to FtG december 2017 (1.3) + Watkabaoi 2.09.2
- Minor country selection pictures added
- Rise of Europe map added (just a RoA one allowing European selected countries and including events for balance and merge of big areas).
- Minor tweaks and fixes.

Intro

Last, but not least.

All of Asia historically covered finally + pictures + some tweaks.

Any future release, which is doubtful as FTG isn't quite popular anymore these days, is in order to allow balance options and including Africa.

So we can call it a complete project, which is both happy and sad (more happy than sad:blush:). Truly funny, said by all those who tried.:cool:

CHANGE LOG 2.2.:
Tweaks;
- Minor tweaks here and there, specially in monarchtables

Pictures;
-Pictures for several nations more added

Sliders;
- Sliders for a few nations at start were changed.

Balance;
- Some Ayu events moved from special to balance events.

Rajhastanis (various);
- Even more leaders added
- Events added

MOGHALS
- Added a couple leaders

AFGHANISTAN
- Leader added

SPAIN
- Now losses Portuguese colonies when they get back independence
- Now losses Central European cores according to some circunstances.

KOREA
- If conquers the Chinese and their coast, special trade event added

MAHAPAHIT
- Trading events of spices available to non Asians now

CHINA
- Yongle startdate corrected.

MONGOLIA
- Corrected monarchtable
- Mandukhai Khatun Mongolian Queen added, correcting this had listed her already dead father instead.
- Historical events after leaving China added
- Added a few leaders of that period too

VIETNAM
- Added some lacked events to it
- Corrected cores
- Added French intervention in the civil war
- Added leaders

CHAMPA
- Added one event and one leader

CAMBODIA
- Created a whole monarchtable for it :/
- Corrected cores
- Couple of flavour events added

LAOS
- Independence of Laos secuence added
- Added leadertable for Laos
- Added a whole monarchtable for Laos

YEMEN
- Added a flavour event

BURMA
- Added lacked monarchs to Myanmar
- Added leaders to Myanmar
- Added leaders to Toungoo
- Added unification events
- Added the events for unified Burma

ASSAM
- Added leaders
- Added events

BENGAL
- Added leaders

NEPAL
- Added a whole monarchtable to Nepal.

KUTCH
- Added a generic monarch

ORISSA
- Added lacked leaders

GONDWANA
- Added monarch-leader

MAHRATTI CONFEDERATION
- Leaders added
- Events added
- Creation chains added

VIJAYANAGAR
- Added leaders
- Added events
- Reformed cores
- Opened a Cot
- Added a country picture

HYDERABAD
- Added lacked monarchs
- Reformed cores
- Added leaders
- Added events
- Opened a Cot
- Turned into Delhi vassal at the beginning
- Turned into sunni
- Added Persian culture

DECCAN SULTANATES (AHM, BER, GOL, BIJ)
- Added leaders
- Added events

MYSORE
- Added leaders
- Added events

MADURAI
- Added leaders
- Added events
- Added a whole monarchtable

SRI LANKA
- Added leaders
- Added events
- Modified pop and capital.

THANJORE
- Added events

TRAVANCORE
- Added leaders
- Added events
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enjoy it!:laugh:

Rise of Asia 2.1. 26/02/2012​

Introduction: Sooo, after the Seagate HD where I had the game got screwed by the BSY error and I repaired it like 6 months later, the scenario development continues.

Remember the original 2.0. was already 'playable and complete' for most Asia and many countries were finished after an enormous improvement to their historical events, leaders, etc? Now Korea is considered a 'playable' nation as well. Also, Japan had its improvements completely finished in this 2.1.

SPECIAL_EVENTS
- Took away the unplausible religion exchange I had added for SP playability and forgot to move away in the latest release and added it to "balance_riseofasia.txt", by default NOT read by the scenario... When I implement the option to use plausible events or not this can be the start of choosing this, as well including unhistorical events for reasons of balance or not in a 'balanced map with extra plausible events' set.

MAHAPAHIT (Indonesia)
- Therefore Mahapahit now can get those cores anyway in the event of its expansion.

SIAM
- Yamada Nagamasa Incident added.

CHINA
- Kingdom of Tungning events improved (has taiwanese culture reborn...)
- Some leaders reworked.

MANCHURIA
- Sarhuda leader added
- Added Manchurian Invasion of Korea

JAPAN
- Added 17 petals Imperial flag/shield (Pro-Emperor rule flag, compared to 16 petals one of non-absolutists)
- changed starting flag to that one.
- Added Oda Flag/Shield
- Added Ashikaga Flag/Shield
- Added Takeda Flag
- Events change the flag depending of your choices and historical events.
- Ashikaga Takauji is now slept when choosing Pro-Emperor faction
- Japanese event date corrected (Tensho Embassy)
- A naval draft command in the Tsushima Expedition answer B added...
- Also added the 13 transports used for the invasion of ryuku in the event
- Red Seal ships event added
- San Juan Bautista and connected events added.
- Japanese great explorer Hasekura Tsunenaga added
- So Yoshitoshi general added and Todo Takatora, Wakizaka Yasuharu admirals.
- Oda's Ironclads event added too
- Rangaku chain of events added as well
- Removal of cores in case of failure in Korean Conquest event
- Hideyoshi's Edicts added
- Arquebuqs event
- Philosophic, literary, Schools of painting... flavour events added
- Choosing the Mitsunari side in Sekigahara battle doesn't sleep shogunate event anymore.
- Some events between Korea and Japan add Wokou (pirates) now...

KOREA
- 15 new leaders added to Korea
- 45 new historical events. Like half are flavour, some reforms, some the Silhak movement, some are regencies and ministers, revolts... The whole period covered already. No more Korea in a while...
- Reformed the events major_Korea events. Doesn't make a difference in normal scenarios being Korea...
- No plausible/balance event added for them.
- New country image added for Korea
- Added to the list of suggested countries
- Added the starting navy for Korea
- Corrected start/enddates for a few monarchs
- Changed a few city names
- Corrected deathdate for Yi Sun-Sin and Ch'oe Yong
- Land and naval technology raised to level 9, 7 respectively
Enjoy it!:laugh:
EDIT: Upped 2.3.1

Attachments

• RiseofAsia2.3.1 RoE.rar
    8,8 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Rise of Asia Expansion Pack............................................................................by Urko.

INTRODUCTION;

- If this bores you just read SETUP and ABOUT ROA sections below, is where I say what is important.

SETUP;

- Unfold all in For the glory/Mods/Watkabaoi/
(if they unpack as a Rise of Asia folder just pick all inside and put it there).
- "techgroups.txt"is optional and checksum changer file, to replace old one in db/technologies.
NOTE; CONSIDERING CHINA AND TURKEY TECHGROUP GET EVENT REPAIRED MAYBE NOT WORTH TECHGROUPS.TXT REPLACEMENT ANNOYANCES.
- "originaltechgroups" to nowhere, just keep it there to reverse techgroups if you come back to vanilla watkabaoi.
- "leaders_XXX"s to db/leaders. No fear to replace old files, some are to be repaired and only historical leaders added
- "major_XXX.txt" and "XXX_riseofasia.txt" to db/events. Don't fear replacements: Just repaired original -broken- events
and new events are only in new files, so it doesn't add new events to non-rise of Asia watkabaoi scenarios.

ABOUT ROA;

- It is a WATKABOI non mod, just focused improvements in Asia.
- "Rise of Asia.eeg" is the scenario to play it. Default nations whose shield appear are the recommended ones.
- 100% compatible with normal watkabaoi. Only thing that will affect original is "techgroups.txt" file, we provide
"originaltechgroups.txt", if u want techgroups reverted to old speed, just re-replace and delete the word original.
NOTICE techgroups.txt is as well the only file changing your checksum. Also, it's optional as all countries are latin
from the beginning, just unhistorical appearances would be affected.
- To solve the fact China isn't there and would start (and then switch) with another techgroup, solving events included.
Oh, now China will go outward expansionism as Asia is Rising. Also secured turkish techgroup switches won't happen.
Doesn't affect original working if u play another scenario, this mechanism only works in Rise of Asia one.
Considering the old penalties for going as them the correct techgroup, now huge tech investments added to the option.
- Historical leaders and monarchs added really existed and really had those traits.
- Historical monarchtable added/repaired for MAJ, AYU and DLH & real historical chance opt. B Abbaside dinasty for EGY.
- Events are divided in historical added ones and highly plausible policy ones for those countries. If you are an
history puritan you can just not add the "special_riseofasia.txt" and keep the historical ones for further accuracy.
- Btw don't worry now about China turning into Mongolia, now you can choose the rebeld side.
- I recommend checking new events. Specially if you play as Delhi as has many routes and usually option B is best as them.
- Some little graphics were added. Their reason is watkabaoi original had european graphic for everyone so i added religious
known buildings built by those countries back then during sunset photos to improve sight but that's all. It affects the
file countries.csv for watkabaoi, but only result is you'll see when picking shields those graphics in other scenarios.

COUNTRIES;

- Recommended countries are those appearing in shields now. If they're there means they turned into 'playable' in RoA.

- Yes, Egypt has relation with Asia and so stays. It was probably the most heavily modified and its power skyrocketed.
- Prepared ABB as "Abbaside Caliphate" to be created in an option B (failed Coup d'etat by Abbasids in Egypt, 1412)
Original watakaboi had the beautiful shield of it from some forgotten project; I say thanks to whoever created the shield.

- Chagatay can become Timur themselves. Not fully historical (it's C don't cry) but allows continouity for a player.

- Golden Horde has more civil war but has a path B that ends when historically exhausted you turn Crimea, retaining the land.
It happens in 1500 as Golden Horde vanished then, and it is as harsh as classical line but has leaders and the cores.

- Gwalior (India) fortress now raised prov 1990 fort from lvl 1 to lvl 3. same in the 2 north Jodhpur provinces.
- Added a few 'known provinces' for DLH in central India shockingly ignored (one is even its core!).
- Added missing core for Delhi.
- I really recommend checking its events if you play as Delhi and different paths bring very different outcomes.

- Added known provinces for central Asian countries in Central Asia itself (Tibet for Chagatays, Ilkhanate Caspian Sea...)
- Mostly they're silk route for ex-minions of Yuan dinasty, while China itself is much more disinformed....
- Also many minors in Asia didn't have their known provinces added. That slows down general neighbour research bonus/penalty
in the whole area so it was corrected. Also some provinces -obviously- known for some majors back then were solved...
It also may be useful to increase the pace of world knowledge by conquerors, including non colonized provinces.

- Yeah, Chinese techs got superboomed in startdate. They had the most advanced worldwide then not my favour. Some events
later in the game bring the causes of the later slowdown as well. Anyway hyperteching forbids more enforcedly...

- Corrected cores for Dai Viet

LEADERS;

- More than hundreds of leaders added.
- Lots of historical leaders with their stats. (See countries in the line below)
In both scenario .eeg and leaders files added for AYU, MAJ, DLH, EGY, ABB, STE, CRI, JOD, MLW, MEW, MNG, NIP, CHI, MCH, CHG
TIM
- Corrected sometimes missing Spanish leadertable when beginning as Castille.

MONARCHS;

- Only in scenario .eeg added completely missing kings for MAJ, DLH (AYU?) plus EGY.
- And monarchtable for hypothetical ABB using the historical caliphs of Abbaside family.
- Someone had included Shogun line as alternative Japanese rulers. I say thank you whoever did. One event as soon as game
begins uses the base of the current happenings as an option C that allows you to get Shoguns tho throne.

EVENTS;

- More than hundreds of new historical events and some differenced plausible events added.
- Corrected screwed watkakaboi events for Byzantium, Japan, France and "provinces" ...major_fra, byz...
- Added a lot historical and plausible events differenced as you can see below.

Last edited:
Last edited:
My God... I'm totally impressed by your work! It will be perfect if you modify the events from 19th to early 20th century. :D

I wonder if Cool Toxic will include this into his mod?

adfs: Those were the exact words needed in a first reply :).

LouiST: It's much further from perfect :eek:o. The next improvements for 2.02 in my mind are reworking the last Asian minors I have not yet done. that is South/East India, Mongolia, Vietnam/Cambodia, Korea and Arabian minors. I did not do them still as anyway they are going to be AI just powerless against a human and they're not playable (well, Hyderabad/Vijanayagar and later Mahratti Confederation should be playable as they were important powers). In any case I am now during big exams and busy with many things so doing them will be a bit delayed.

I also wanted to include in the scenario settings the possibility of switching on/off the special events, but I don't know how :confused:. I have to ask how they did so for other scenarios.

Also, from 1836 onwards I have done nothing as I suppose this being converted into Victoria. So doing XIX/XX century is not a priority for the next months, although not completely disdained.

Regarding the second thing, what you say about Cool-Toxic, when I began this scenario I think he was on holidays about the forum, dunno if he's around and active again. I have not talked with him but I don't dislike at all the idea of this being included in the general moddir once it is finished (his mod only deserves top quality!)

In any case, first I want to do all the versions with the changes I said for AI countries (unless someone in SP is mad enough, but having so many Asian playable nations it makes no sense playing others so I had considered the first playable version ready anyway as it is, I would do it just as an excuse to read Asian history and out of purism for history, maybe Hyderabad/Vijanayagar or so is included in the playable nations if I see their history is consistant enough as a power in next versions). I also want to do all those changes coming from the feedback, solving any issue detected...

I have also considered doing a 1492/1700 and so out of this. Shouldn't be too hard as the bulk of the work is event/leader coding and that's almost finished.

I even think that, as it is an Asian project, it can be eventually merged once the final version is ready with some European typical improvement project :eek:. They would not interfere with each other really. That would make a whole world-improvement-map for watkabaoi, wouldn't it?

Thanks for your suggestions in any case. Doing post 1836 has not many chances of happening (I still feel the eu2 engine has no point existing watkabaoi to vicky, if you see more advantages maybe my opinion changes as it is just an opinion) but including it in cool-toxic's mod could happen if he happened to like this scenario once it was ready. :)

Glad to keep reading posts!

I like it. We can always use more RotW-focused mods.

I'm shocked/embarrassed I found in the uploaded versions a stragne character into the scenario file that slowed down pretty much it's loading. Hope didn't cause trouble as no one pointed it out yet so sorry!... Already replaced the links with corrected file. :( Also edited readme to be cleaner, shorter and clearer... Working on Korea now... :)

Last edited:
Sorry, RotW = Rest of the World = anything outside Europe.

Ok :)

this looks promosing. very nice and cool-toxic should include this in further releases of watkabaoi.

uploaded it to eu2ftg.com. http://eu2ftg.com/for-the-glory-downloads/category/3-watkabaoi

Thank you so much for including it in your web! I see DL link brings to this thread rather than directly than direct downloading... That should be good as I pretend to keep releasing improved versions replacing the old ones :).

Uhh... When did it crash, when loading the Scenario?

My guess is that you downloaded the file quite soon so maybe you were affected by the compression character bug inserted blablabla I talked about a few posts ago of my first upload which caused trouble during scenario loading. So sorry if was that.

The file was reuploaded, so my advice is redownload it. Then bring the .rar to the watkabaoi folder and extract it overwriting everything it asks you to overwrite... That should solve the old bug if it is that or provide a clean install in any case. Make sure you overwrite instead of being unpacking all to a folder yet inside watkabaoi folder...

I just redid it myself to make sure everything went OK and so it did...

Everything has to work smoothly then and you can tell us on your views after playing if you want :).

Well, I tried a fresh install of FtG and installed it and no error has popped u.

I wonder if anyone else has the same trouble you do?

The only event file which has to do with Germany is provinces.txt, but the modified thing there was about Poland. :eek:

Btw, what's the specific German nation which suffers the error? Or the event ID... The specific pop up error? :confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:
Well that event file wasn't touched by my expansion pack, so it didn't replace whatever original you had in it. Also, the db/events wasn't replaced either, so I see no connection between it and that file at all.

My guess is most chances are you already had the file bugged inside up to the error message you show us. Try another watkabaoi scenario, the original grand campaign, a 1492, it should have the same error therefore and be a general unrelated watkabaoi error you have for that file. If it happens as i bet, the same error, then it shows your file is bugged for some unrelated reason I can't know.

If you tell me the result of the experiment we'll see wether the solution is sending you that event file or so... :)