• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Clash Of Arms Two: Second Sino-Japanese War

In Hitler's Office In Berlin 1937

(Neurath Bursts in)

Neurath: Hitler news of great importance.

Hitler: Don't do that I thought you may be Mussolini he loves that and throwing knifes not to peoples' heads it's scary don't you think.

Neurath: Well not as scary as this.

Hitler: What.

Neurath: Tojo challenged Chiang to a samurai duel to decide to ownership of China but was beaten and so declared war on Shanxi bringing in the Nationalists and the Communists.

hoi329.jpg

Hitler:Why did it take you so long to tell me and why did Tojo fight, as far as I can tell he isn't that important right now.

Neurath: Well he's the only Japanese leader willing to go and do it apparently. It took so long as we thought that they would just sign a peace deal after a few battles but nope and this happened.

hoi330f.jpg

Hitler: What can we do we must now choose sides or we're doomed to have no presence in the far east of any importance. It's not like Siam or Yunnan will do anything against the weak western allies.

Neurath: Here's your choice side with Japan and gain little in the way of anything or side with China and get lots of resources but to hep them hold you'll have to sacrifice some IC.

Hitler: China for the Win. Who do you think will win Ninja Mussolini or Samurai Chiang?

Neurath: I'll take that as full support. Really I have no Idea If Mussolini could stay mobile he could win but Chiang is very good. it would be very close.

hoi331.jpg

hoi332.jpg

Some time later.

Neurath: Yan Xishan has been beaten in a duel by Tojo and forced to admit defeat.

Hitler: How did Tojo win he's rubbish.

Neurath: He sneaked up on him from behind and launched a sneak attack.

Hitler:And he's calls himself a Samurai. That's cheating and samurai shouldn't cheat.

Neurath: NOT that most samurai follow that rule anyway. Just saying.

hoi334.jpg

At the start of 1938

Neurath: I have that map you wanted.

Hitler: Pass it here. Hmmmmmm. Well they're holding on well and have most of it under control. But what's this Region up here under nationalist control.

Neurath: That's Where Chiang and his two best divisions landed after swimming across the gulf and landing there and attacking the Japanese taking them totally by surprise and inflicting massive casualties on them.

Hitler: Interesting let me just make my notes on it.

hoi339.jpg

Chapter 3: Middle Phase Preparations for War

Hitler's Holiday Base of Evil in North Africa. Early 1938

Hitler: I'm sure this has been a relaxing rest for all of you but I still want those reports for the meeting later.

Goebbels and Goering: (simultaneously) AHHHHH make way. (run out)

In a near by corridor.

Goering: Yes I want all the figures and reports and you know everything we need for our reports. Yep, got it ok that's all.

Goebbels: Phew He'll have our heads if we hadn't done this so quickly.

Back in the conference room

( Goebbels and Goering enter and sit down quietly)

Hitler: Oh good your back now were do we begin.

Raeder: I've only got one thing to say. We have managed to sort out our technical difficulties involving U-boat technology and will progress as normal.

Hitler: Good to hear. Neurath what has else has been happening in the world out their.

Neurath: Well apart from the war in China. Stalin has gone mad and apparently gone on a rampage with a machine gun through the Soviet officer convention killing many high ranking officers in the Soviet army weaking it greatly indeed.

Hitler: I knew he was a fool and this just proves it.

hoi327.jpg

Neurath: I also convinced Kurt the leader of Austria to summit and merge with us.

Hitler: After a completely unfair vote designed solely to placate the western Allies and slow down any reaction from them.

Neurath: Naturally.

hoi333.jpg

Neurath: This isn't so much important but very interesting. It appears that Syrian Nationalists have formed a new state in the Mountains of Syria and are fighting the French. The Problem is their only force is in the right Pocket and so out of supply so they can't really fight properly.

Hitler: Still it shows how weak they are if they can't fight off out of supply HQ staff or take over an empty province.

hoi335.jpg

Neurath: Ok where are you Mussolini. I know your here. Come out, come out where ever you are.

(Knifes hit the table and wall around Neurath)

Mussolini: Don't be a spoil sport Neurath just because Hitler doesn't like me jumping out of the Shadows like the Ninja I am.

Hitler: No I don't.

Neurath: Anyway you have joined our anti comintern Pact with the Nationalist Chinese who are current;y involved in a war with the Japanese.

Mussolini: I'm not going to pick sides in this war yet.

hoi336.jpg

Neurath: Well the only other point in my report is that the Nationalist Spanish have won the civil war. Apparently Franco and a unit of Spanish Ninjas climbed the back wall of the house where the last remnants of the Republicans were hold up and killed them in a short and bloody one sided fight.

Franco: (hidden in up in the ceiling) I'm the ultimate Ninja and no one is better.

Mussolini: No I'm the ultimate ninja Franco. Come down here and fight me then.

( Franco leaps down and launches himself at Mussolini and the two of them roll out of the room fighting)

Neurath: Ok then well Legion Condor has returned from Spain battle hardened as well with several technological developments made as well.

hoi328hk.jpg

Hitler: Goebbels and Goering you better be ready now.

Goering: I'll go first. This year we have built 28 mid range subs and 18 infantry regiment of 3 infantry brigades and 1 artillery brigade and 11 Interceptor fighters and 10 Medium tank regiments of 3 medium tank brigades and 2 tactical bombers and a rocket test site and 14 motorised regiments of 3 motorised brigades.

Goebbels: My turn then. Lets go. We have either developed central planning, mass assault, assault concentration, special forces, light tank gun, large front, delay doctrine, guerilla warfare, medium tank brigade, marine infantry, light tank engine, light tank reliability, fighter ground control, light tank armour, medium tank gun, heavy bomber ground crew training, tactical command structure, medium tank engine, medium tank armour, schwerpunkt, mass assault, central planning, logistical strike tactics, guerilla warfare, large front, delay doctrine, medium conning tower, self propelled artillery, medium gunning tank and long range design and systems.

Hitler: Impressive list. What do you mean when you repeat something.

Goebbels: We managed to advance it twice.

Hitler: Wonderful. Frick what's your report.

Frick: Holding all of our spy networks at full strength requires vast resources we did have full control but it's been reduced as of late.

Hitler: Ok keep working on it. That's a wrap guys move on we have work to do.

hoi338.jpg

Chapter 4: Late Phase preparations for war

Hitler's underwater base of doom 100 kilometres off the coast of Argentina early 1939

Hitler: OK now there are some new members for this meeting and some old ones have left for now.

Brauchitsch: yes I'm the new commander of the army after Bloomberg and Fritsch had to be removed in an embarrassing scandal.

hoi341.jpg

Ribbentrop: Yes and Neurath has turned out to be too weak for the goals we have in mind. So I have had to take over for him in order to ensure we succeed.

hoi342.jpg

Hitler: Good could you now start your diplomatic report then.

Ribbentrop: Of course. We have sent some demands to the Czech government about the Sudetenland. They agreed to give it to us with no questions asked. Well that is what Neurath put in his report.

hoi340.jpg

Ribbentrop: I'm Sure Mussolini would want to say this or "Ninjalini" as I call him.

Mussolini: (leaping out the shadows) I like it. Anyway Hitler We're now supper buddies as I've joined your axis allaince now and for ever.

Hitler: (Groaning) Wonderful. More Ninja Antics.

hoi343.jpg

Ribbentrop: Also Hungary has joined the Axis Allaince.

Horthy: Yes it be true. By the Way Hitler Could I Borrow a fleet so I can sail the high seas pillaging merchant men of their gold.

Hitler: Sorry we don't have a fleet we could lend to you.

Mussolini: But I may come see me later and we can discuss it.

Horthy: ARR I will.

hoi346.jpg

Goebbels: In my internal report I can tell you we have moved closer to a war footing by Implementing A 3 year draft.

hoi344.jpg

Goebbels: We have also held our 10Th party congress which went well.

hoi345.jpg

Goering: Production wise we have built 1 motorised division and 6 close air support and 25 self propelled artillery and 6 interceptors and 21 long range u-boats and 6 strategic bombers and 6 tactical bombers. We are now focusing on the Luftwaffe and preparing for the seemingly inevitable air battle over Britain.

Goebbels: during this year we have researched Medium tank reliability, medium tank armour, medium tank engine, assault concentration, medium u-boat conning tower, industrial production, industrial efficiency, special forces, medium range design and systems, large U-boat conning tower, agriculture, light artillery, small arms, Installation strike tactics, infantry anti tank weapons, mass assault, central planning, infantry support weapons, large U-bot conning tower, guerilla warfare, large front, delay doctrine, supply production, artillery barrel and ammunition, Schwerpunkt and aero engine.

Hitler: Wonderful you can go now.

( In a nearby room)

Goering: how has our secret project been going.

Goebbels: Hitler knows nothing yet. We have improved to armour of our aircraft carriers.

Goering: Good I'll need your support for my plans.

Goebbels: Who else supports you.

Goering: Raeder was on side since I promised more work would be done on the fleet. Beck has been my puppet from the very start. Frick is on my side as well. Brauchitsch was only appointed because of my influence Fritsch was too close to Hitler so I engineered a scandal to get rid of him. Ribbentrop supports me in exchange for being the Foreign Minister. Only Hess isn't on side yet I doubt he'll shift.

Goebbels: We must be swift. How do you plan to remove Hitler.

Goering: I'm hoping some eager assassin angry with Hitler's wrok will kill him for me otherwise I'll have to restrict his influence and make him little more than my puppet.

Goebbels: well lets hope it goes well.

hoi347.jpg

Chapter 5: Final Preparations for War

Hitler's Orbiting Space station of Doom Early July 1939

Hitler: People Welcome to the Greatest space station ever.

Goering: Technically It's the only space station we know about so it would be the greatest by default.

Hess: What about Mussolini's

Goering: It Crashed after a Pizza and a throwing Knife got stuck in a drain and sent it out of control.

Hess: Ah

Hitler: Anyway This Space station has artificial gravity and A doom ray capable of destroying anything.

Goebbels: If it's range could reach the Earth.

Hitler: The Scientists are working on extending it. Anyway Ribbentrop what has been happening in the world of note recently.

Ribbentrop: We have taken over Czechoslovakia and the Czechs could do nothing about it and have been swept aside by my brilliant Negotiating skills.

Raeder: I heard you point a gun at their leaders head and had him sign the Treaty.

Ribbentrop: Doesn't matter It still worked.

hoi349.jpg

Ribbentrop: Well the British then decided to offer an alliance to the Poles.

Beck: I told you that would happen. At least I thought ahead and had some men work out a plan of attack called Fall wieß which should enable a quick victory over the Poles.

Ribbentrop: Keep it handy we may need it.

hoi350.jpg

Ribbentrop: We also got Memel after the threatening presence of German forces on the border convinced them to give in.

Brauchitsch: So they didn't call my bluff then.

Ribbentrop: What Bluff?

Brauchitsch: All I had on the Border were poorly armed policemen dressed up in German army uniforms to create an impression of a force which wasn't there.

Ribbentrop: SO where is the east Prussian army?

Brauchitsch: In Koenigsberg mostly.

Ribbentrop: Ah pk.

hoi351.jpg

Mussolini: I am here to boast of my triumph.

Goering: What triumph? All you did was take over a small area of land called Albania. No Insult to Albanians but it isn't that important is it. IT's not like Austria of Czechoslovakia who we have taken over.

Mussolini: I suppose. But Still there are Ninja Training camps there creating thousands of Ninjas every day.

Hitler: NO WE'RE DOOMED NOT MORE NINJAS.

Mussolini: Yes more ninjas and high quality too I must add.

hoi353.jpg

Horthy: I bring News of My own. Having Raided the land sea of the puppet Slovakian state Their Wimpy government has joined with My Hungarian Pirate State.

Hitler: Did I say you could do that?

Hess: yes you did.

Hitler: Oh yeh. How did you get up here?

Horthy: In a pirate Space ships of course.

hoi354.jpg

Ribbentrop: Hitler you're going to want to see this.

Hitler: What is so important.

Ribbentrop: Sinkiang Has joined the Comintern.

Hitler: Doh They're getting stronger what will we do?

Ribbentrop: Nothing Sinkiang has no noteworthy power so we should be fine.

hoi355.jpg

Brauchitsch: Hitler I am forming with your permission a elite infantry brigade which will see much great action though out Europe and beyond.

Hitler: Wonderful.

hoi357.jpg

Goebbels: We have also gained control of the Skoda works in Czechoslovakia which should help us with our industry.

Hitler: More good news.

hoi352.jpg

Goering: You know about the Sudeten line.

Hitler: Yes.

Goering: well beck convinced me to keep them despite the damage as he felt they may be useful.

Hitler: Why Beck?

Beck: We could use them to trap off part of an enemy force which attacks us in the region.

Hitler: Ok but do it as efficiently as possible.

hoi356.jpg

Hitler: Goebbels, Goering Report

Goering: We have built 6 tactical bomber and 20 strategic bomber squadrons.

Goebbels: We have advance or developed Infantry warfare, agriculture, fighter pilot training, fighter ground crew training, light artillery, Radar, integrated support, small arms, infantry anti tank-weapons, rocket engine, infantry support weapons, artillery barrel and ammunition, small fuel tank,supply production, blitzkrieg, trade interdiction submarine doctrine, artillery carriage and sights and airborne Infantry.

Hitler: Great Frick how are the spies doing.

Frick: great so well in fact that we have reduced funding to them in terms of leadership but it seems to have vanished.

Hitler: Goebbels what is going on?

Goebbels: Not sure but I'll find out for the next meeting.

Hitler: You better. Ok this meeting is over.

( In a nearby room.)

Goering: How is it going?

Goebbels: We have done more research in to carrier armour. But as you saw Hitler is close to catching on after I put those teams on to more carrier work for you.

Goering: It doesn't matter I have my dupe who'll remove Hitler.

Goebbels: Who?

Goering: Himmler found him. He's been plotting to kill him for months and Himmler is giving him what he needs.

Goebbels: Himmler not the Head of the S.S.

Goering: Yes Hitler's support has vanished. The Armed forces are with me and even Hess has jumped boat. Hitler is oblivious to it all.

Goebbels: Hilter Must be killed swiftly or else.

Goering: Yes only a handful still side with Hitler.

( Goebbels and Goering Leave the room)

hoi358.jpg

interesting developements :)

well it turns out That I forgot to save the game when I was playing the update above. I'll to do everything similar but no guarantees

edit: The replay was similar two techs were swapped around when they came out. Poland mobilized and the soviets had operation zet happen which they declined. that and some tech differences is probably the worse of it ok.

Last edited:
Chapter 6: Death of Hitler

Balcony of the Reichstag November the 13th (not a Friday)

Goering: German people I bring dreadful news. An assassin has killed your great leader Hitler even as he spoke in a beer cellar in Munich. He been caught and is being questioned about who gave him the materials to make his bomb. Hitler has given Germany much Glory and power. He has done wonders and made Germany strong once more. Unfortunately he could not see it through and it has fallen to me. His appointed successor to carry out the work he knew must be done. When we have found all those responsible for this dire act they will be punished. Trust in me people of Germany to carry on Hitler's grand schemes.

hoi363.jpg

hoi364.jpg

Later in Formerly Hitler's bunker now Goering's bunker

Goebbels: Quite the Speech. How much was the whole truth?

Goering: Most, the accomplice in this will come around to being some dissatisfied officer in the army or something like that. Himmler has it all planned out. Anyway apart from this unfortunate incident what else has happened.

Ribbentrop: We have made a pact with the devil as Hitler called it. We have signed a Non-aggression pact with the Soviets and agreed to split eastern europe. Hitler viewed it as temporary to prevent a 2 front war.

Goering: Quite wise this should help with the war.

hoi359.jpg

Ribbentrop: We have also made a commercial agreement with them. They give us resources and we give them supplies and technical knowledge.

Goering: More resources are always good.

hoi360.jpg

Ribbentrop: We have also convinced Franco to join the Axis alliance.

Franco: Me and Mussolini will have to find once and for all who's the better Ninja.

Goering: I'll arrange some form of tournament then.

Franco: Good Idea Goering.

hoi361.jpg

Ribbentrop: The Dutch have also mobilized But they shouldn't be a major threat any way.

Goering: Beck you told me that the Invasion of Poland had been finalized.

Beck: Yes. Ok as you can see on this map In the south our armour will break the Polish lines and move to take Krakow. Just to the north Motorised forces will attempt to cut off the Polish forces in Pozan and the Polish Corridor. They'll then try to take Lodz will the Infantry will move against the trapped forces. The kreigsmarine will try and Destroy the Polish Navy as it leaves harbour and provide fire support for our men.

Goering: They'll be no risk to the navy right.

Raeder: The Polish navy is at best a few destroyers and submarines. I don't expect any decent forces. It'll give valuable combat exp while giving little risk to our forces.

Beck: Other forces will try to advance from east Prussia and other positions to take Important locations where possible like Warsaw.

hoi362.jpg

Goering: As I'm still armaments Minister I'll give the review on production. We have produced 6 strategic bombers, 6 interceptors, the Großdeutschland regiment and 4 close air supports.

Goebbels: We have developed or advanced single engine airframe, Single engine aircraft armament, combat medicine, mechanized offensive, medium fuel tank, submarine torpedoes, twin engine airframe, multi role, tac pilot training, light bomb, interception tactics and medium bomb.

Goering: Wonderful, Frick how go the spies.

Frick: Ok but I've had to bring in some new investment as we were struggling to hold the number up.

Goering: OK keep working on it.

hoi365.jpg