+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ponies? Ponies!

Ponies? Ponies! - Equestria in Victoria 2!

EQUESTRIA

This mod seeks to add the nation of Equestria from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, into Victoria 2! Now here's a question you might have:

WHY?!

Because the story is amazing, the animation is brilliant, the characters are loveable and the community is fantastic. If you have no idea what this show is, I'd recommend looking it up (you can find info here). It has a huge internet following filled with wonderful people that's growing day by day. Anyway, onto the mod!

Story
    The ponies have occupied the land that had come to be known as California since the beginning of their recorded history. In their tongue, it is called Equestria, ruled by the benevolent might of their Princess Celestia, who raises the sun each morning, and her sister Luna, who raises the moon each night. As humans begin to pour into the Americas, the ponies remain undiscovered, due to both warnings from the native peoples of the land and dumb luck. This changed in 1816, a year after Napoleon's defeat. The discovery shocked the world, and caused a new burst interest in the region. Celestia began to research the Europeans and their culture, and decided that if Equestria was to remain independent, it would have to westernize. The ponies became exposed to all sorts of things they had never seen or even dreamed of, such as science, medicine, and even liberal ideals. Twenty years later, Equestria is for all intents and purposes a "civilized" nation. Celestia, now Queen, rules with an iron hoof, while her sister, Luna, has become infatuated with the liberal ideals that have started rekindling in Europe...

What it does:
    It adds the full nation of Equestria, plus a bunch of flavor events and decisions to the game. Because the ponies of Equestria use technology that is vaguely reminiscent of the 19th to early 20th centuries, I thought they'd be right at home! Based on the shows geography, and not wanting to muck things up to bad, I put them in California, Nevada-Utah, and Arizona. I also figured the emergence of a new power on the West Coast of America could possibly spark a rivalry between Equestria and America if Equestria becomes powerful enough, and there are some decisions to reflect that. Equestria gets decisions to annex Hawaii and Alaska, though they have many more requirements to give both sides a fighting chance. The US files have been slightly modified to reflect their presence, and the US gains cores on all their core lands using manifest destiny. I gave them a response action where they can gain cores on all core American lands in response, and decisions to have either side abandon their claims if they lose their great power status.

I decided to name the country the Celestial Empire to represent Celestia's absolute control over the nation. This name holds for Absolute Monarchy and Prussian Constitutionalism, but the country becomes Equestria for HMS government, symbolizing her loss in power. The Democracy name is the Lunar Republic, due to Luna's support for a democratic government, since you can't get a democracy any way other than revolution.

One of the flavor events in game.

The pop screen, showing the new Earth Pony, Unicorn, and Pegasus cultures and the Celestian religion (this would have a custom icon, but I experienced trouble getting it to work.)

Flags:

Monarchy/Default (based on the flag of Argentina)

Democracy/Lunar Republic (based on the flag of Pakistan)

Fascist (original)

Communist (based on the flag of the Soviet Union)

Download
    Equestria Mod v1.2

To install, just drag it on top of your normal Victoria 2 folder and select yes to overwrite the files. Also, the localisation files are only in English, so sorry to any foreign speakers...

To-Do
    • Fix Celestian religion icon
    • Decision for Mexico to peacefully cede New Mexico

Changelog
    • v1.2:
      -Fixes some localization and event misfire errors
      -Updates the mod to the 1.4 Beta
    • v1.1:
      - Added many new events, mostly related to ideologies.
      - Attempted to rebalance pops. There are now a lot less soldiers and a lot more unicorns and pegasi
      - Balanced old decisions that had an insane prestige requirement to a more manageable level
      - Gave Equestria a fighting chance in regard to colonizing Oregon and Washington
      - Added a group of Alternative flags that you can use if you so choose. See my post on page 3 of this thread for more details.
    • v1.0 - Initial Release

There are no major bugs that I know of, but if you find any don't hesitate to post =)
    Credits
    • Lauren Faust, for making such an amazing show
    • Hasbro, as they own MLP
    • The brony community, for being awesome
    • To anyone whose art I used in making this (if you find this and want me to not use it, I'll take it off)
    Last edited by NovaCoru; 17-06-2011 at 21:37.

You have no idea how badly I want to download this, yet at the same time I'm afraid I shall be sucked into this...infection...that is My Little Pony.

Help me....

join us :3 Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated into the Herd.

This is just genious. Is there any reward for a genious mod?
    Is there any moment in history where a country attacks another country because their allied with a country that is at war with a country that is the first countries ally?

Nationality: Ashkenazi
    Religion: Agnostic
    Ideology: Social-liberal
    Issues: Secularism, anti-militarism, Interventionism, full citizenship.
    Cash Reserves: N/A
    Revolt Risk: 50%
    Militancy: 3
    Consciousness: 10

Fine, fine. I downloaded it and I'll be playing it with the Great War mod. If I'm lucky I can project Pony dominance over the US and Mexico via wars.

That was a really fun thing to do in my test game =P I accidently a Restore Order CB on the USA (I have since corrected this...hopefully =P) and used that to conquer them. Then I got taken over by communists and became the Pony's Republic of Equestria =P Rose to #1 and colonized 90% of Africa. That was a fun game

How ponies use machine guns?
    Is there any moment in history where a country attacks another country because their allied with a country that is at war with a country that is the first countries ally?

Battle Saddles. It has two guns held on the side with a bit that goes to a trigger pulled by the tongue. Don't ask me how they reload though >.> The unicorns just use magic though.
    Last edited by NovaCoru; 24-05-2011 at 10:32.

May I add this to my signature? It is just genious

You need to hack nukes into Vicky 2, because that's the only way we'll be able to appropriately represent Princess Celestia unleashing the power of the sun on Equestria's enemies!

Deploying Derpy Hooves to the battlefield should render your enemies unable to aim due to the contagious eye condition.
    A tale of Spanish might in the Second World War...
    Espana Victoriosa - A Nationalist Spain AAR

"Kill a thousand men, and they will hate you. Kill a million men, and they will queue to face you. But kill a single man, and they will see monsters and devils in every shadow. Kill a dozen men, and they will scream and wail in the night." -Zso Sahaal

Now that was unexpected... yet it is awesome.

@Clendor: 0_0 uh, sure, go right ahead! thanks! I just really liked ponies and victoria 2 and thought to combine them!

@Klavohuter Why fight a war? Derpy could just bake them muffins and they'd surrender =P

...Say, how do Unicorns or Pegasi (I think that's the plural form) like...fly an airplane? xD

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I.. Where'd the?... Is this how?... Epic...
    Graphic Designer on the Elder Kings Dev Team

"If you are the Sultan, come and lead your armies. If I am the Sultan I hereby order you to come and lead my armies" Mehmed II to his father and former Sultan; Murad II, before the Battle of Varna

I would say that they don't, and that the pegasi just mount machine guns on their sides and fly around =P Faster, more control, and a smaller target to hit.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

I kept taking off my glasses and squinting, hoping this would make more sense if I was a little more blind. Then, all of a sudden, this warm fuzzy feeling that made me yearn for friendship and love took over me.

That feeling was quickly destroyed by the realization there was an enormous country filled with horses on the West Coast that I could annex and use to drive my empire forward.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Europe, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Belfast to be specific
    Why can't I sage this thread
    Last edited by oberstbrooksy; 24-05-2011 at 22:29.

Quote Originally Posted by oberstbrooksy View Post
    Why can't is sage this thread
    Because the Magic of Friendship is too powerful :3

@brightgalrs: oh god why did I not think of that pun. It was staring me right in the face and I didn't even notice.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Europe, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Belfast to be specific
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaCoru View Post
    Because the Magic of Friendship is too powerful :3

@brightgalrs: oh god why did I not think of that pun. It was staring me right in the face and I didn't even notice.
    Sure is 4chan in here >.>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast