• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Have you annexed Austria with the decision? You need to wait a certain period after annexing Austria and after a certain year for the decision to open up.

Have you annexed Austria with the decision? You need to wait a certain period after annexing Austria and after a certain year for the decision to open up.

Hmm, now that I think about it I dont think I have used the event to annex Austria. I always saw in diplomacy a 45% chance of Austria annexation by demanding territory via the diplomacy tab so i always did that. But I assumed it was the same thing as the decision itself

As long as you have the Austrian lands in your control, an event should fire announcing the annexation/unity/anchluss. Then after some time that event fires, the "Sudentland or Munich Treaty" event should be available.

If you update the game to 1.01.1 the tooltip gives more information, you should register the game ASAP to get the patch.

Thanks for the tip, I already have the latest patch via Steam though. I'm going to go through another German game to see if I get a different result, maybe I just missed something before.

You have to affiliate Austria via the event, wait 150 Days and have at least one division per german (and ex-austrian) province bordering chzecheslovakia (last thing I only found by reading the event files).

Thanks for the tip, I already have the latest patch via Steam though. I'm going to go through another German game to see if I get a different result, maybe I just missed something before.

The steam patch is broken, register your game here and you can get a propper patch from the techsupport forum.

I have the same problem.
Playing now as Ger, I played through to 1939, no anchluss fired, in desperation, declared war on Austria, then France DOW on me.. stopped.
Went back to Jan 38, manually fired the event "nazi takeover in Austria", anchluss fired ok, but now August 18 1938 and no Munich Treaty.

I've surrounded Czech as above posts .. still waiting. What do I need to do now please?

I just want a nice easy game to get used to playing DH, can make harder later on...

Edit: Case Green is green and is sitting there in the decisions tray, but so is Munich, but is red.

If you place your mouse over the Red X, the prerequisites for the decision will appear.

I go to Diplomacy, choose Czech, take a look at my options, and Demand Territory is not there... The tooltip says, demand sudetenland... ??

Edit: I doubt it has been 150 days since anchluss... does this matter?

edit 2: I think I'll try and manually fire the munich event, and hopefully this is sort things out.

I'm not ready for war yet, and I don't want to have to start again.

Thanks and sorry for the bother.

Edit 3: I fired the Munich event manually, and all my problems are sorted. Thanks and sorry for any bother caused.

Last edited:
I go to Diplomacy, choose Czech, take a look at my options, and Demand Territory is not there... The tooltip says, demand sudetenland... ??
That's the tooltip for what the decision does. The other tooltip is for what the decision requires; to get that tooltip, you have to mouse over the little icon in the top left corner of the decision.
You were probably missing some prerequisite for the decision, like stationing troops in every province bordering Czechoslovakia.

I've also had Anchluss fire perfectly with no help from me... (no event twitching).. Had Anchluss sitting there red x, Italy Steel Pact fired, Nazi takeover in Austria fired, then I kept (first time to try this) Influencing Austria, until I got them to 111+, and then Demanded Territory.. and they came over like Lambs.