+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Germany- Treaty of Munich

Germany- Treaty of Munich

Playing as Germany I have never been able to activate it, Ive always been forced to go with Case Green. So what must I do to activate the treaty event?

Thanks

The Rambling KR Player LiamRiordan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDungeonlandEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron IIILeviathan: WarshipsSemper FiThe Showdown EffectWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Have you annexed Austria with the decision? You need to wait a certain period after annexing Austria and after a certain year for the decision to open up.
    You think you know idiots? Work in retail and the betting industry like I do.

Want to have a leg up in your Darkest Hour games while in your darkest hour? Then try some of the adapted cheats from Hearts of Iron II!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ats&p=15827566

Quote Originally Posted by LiamRiordan View Post
    Have you annexed Austria with the decision? You need to wait a certain period after annexing Austria and after a certain year for the decision to open up.
    Hmm, now that I think about it I dont think I have used the event to annex Austria. I always saw in diplomacy a 45% chance of Austria annexation by demanding territory via the diplomacy tab so i always did that. But I assumed it was the same thing as the decision itself

The Rambling KR Player LiamRiordan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDungeonlandEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron IIILeviathan: WarshipsSemper FiThe Showdown EffectWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

As long as you have the Austrian lands in your control, an event should fire announcing the annexation/unity/anchluss. Then after some time that event fires, the "Sudentland or Munich Treaty" event should be available.

If you update the game to 1.01.1 the tooltip gives more information, you should register the game ASAP to get the patch.
    You think you know idiots? Work in retail and the betting industry like I do.

Want to have a leg up in your Darkest Hour games while in your darkest hour? Then try some of the adapted cheats from Hearts of Iron II!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ats&p=15827566

Thanks for the tip, I already have the latest patch via Steam though. I'm going to go through another German game to see if I get a different result, maybe I just missed something before.

You have to affiliate Austria via the event, wait 150 Days and have at least one division per german (and ex-austrian) province bordering chzecheslovakia (last thing I only found by reading the event files).
    Und ich werde ihnen zeigen, wo die eisernen Kreuze wachsen!

You can place your mouse over the Red X or Green V to see the prerequisites of a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by waffles92 View Post
    Thanks for the tip, I already have the latest patch via Steam though. I'm going to go through another German game to see if I get a different result, maybe I just missed something before.
    The steam patch is broken, register your game here and you can get a propper patch from the techsupport forum.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Darkest Hour
    ✪ ☭ ✠
    a 1914-1963 Grand Strategy Game

Darkest Hour

You have to surround Czechoslovakia completely with your troops, then you'll be able to fire that event.

ModOrDie
    56 games registered

Achtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I have the same problem.
    Playing now as Ger, I played through to 1939, no anchluss fired, in desperation, declared war on Austria, then France DOW on me.. stopped.
    Went back to Jan 38, manually fired the event "nazi takeover in Austria", anchluss fired ok, but now August 18 1938 and no Munich Treaty.

I've surrounded Czech as above posts .. still waiting. What do I need to do now please?

I just want a nice easy game to get used to playing DH, can make harder later on...

Edit: Case Green is green and is sitting there in the decisions tray, but so is Munich, but is red.

If you place your mouse over the Red X, the prerequisites for the decision will appear.

ModOrDie
    56 games registered

Achtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ^_AC_^ View Post
    If you place your mouse over the Red X, the prerequisites for the decision will appear.
    I go to Diplomacy, choose Czech, take a look at my options, and Demand Territory is not there... The tooltip says, demand sudetenland... ??

Edit: I doubt it has been 150 days since anchluss... does this matter?

edit 2: I think I'll try and manually fire the munich event, and hopefully this is sort things out.

I'm not ready for war yet, and I don't want to have to start again.

Thanks and sorry for the bother.

Edit 3: I fired the Munich event manually, and all my problems are sorted. Thanks and sorry for any bother caused.
    Last edited by novapaddy; 24-05-2011 at 15:20. Reason: bit extra

Quote Originally Posted by ewphoenix123 View Post
    The steam patch is broken, register your game here and you can get a propper patch from the techsupport forum.
    Really? I'm using steam DH 1.0.1.1 and I haven't noticed anything odd.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by novapaddy View Post
    I go to Diplomacy, choose Czech, take a look at my options, and Demand Territory is not there... The tooltip says, demand sudetenland... ??
    That's the tooltip for what the decision does. The other tooltip is for what the decision requires; to get that tooltip, you have to mouse over the little icon in the top left corner of the decision.
    You were probably missing some prerequisite for the decision, like stationing troops in every province bordering Czechoslovakia.

In my last game as germany the munich event didnt fire even after i reloaded the game twice.

It's a decision, not an event. You have to meet its condition to make it happen. Check the tooltip on the red X.

ModOrDie
    56 games registered

Blog Entries
    I've also had Anchluss fire perfectly with no help from me... (no event twitching).. Had Anchluss sitting there red x, Italy Steel Pact fired, Nazi takeover in Austria fired, then I kept (first time to try this) Influencing Austria, until I got them to 111+, and then Demanded Territory.. and they came over like Lambs.

+ Reply to Thread