+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: If The AI Was As Smart As WW2 Leaders

Quote Originally Posted by shepherd352 View Post
    Well written jju_57! Yes the AI does some crazy stuff nut we ignore all the crazy stuff that really happened.

The AI needs more work but I think it is evolution, not revolution. I would like to see lower AI (such as Army) better at defending in low supply situations (not just letting units go to zero ORG and get destroyed) and it should be possible to leave the AI defending an occupied region. When a partisan appears, the AI should not drag units from everywhere to deal with it but leave garrisons in ports and send one or two close mobile forces only.

We seem to be after a perfect AI, operationg at all levels. People point to how well a human can control an invasion in-game but they ignore how badly humans did in real life.
    what did the press say after Gallipoli? "the question is not if great britain can survive another world war. the question is: can great britain survive another churchill?"

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Good job. Very cute.

Great job, but it's rather disheartening to see how many people failed to understand your real intent, and thought you were actually discussing HOI3 AI shortcomings :P
    "Life is much too important to be taken seriously." (Oscar Wilde)

"An ye harm none, do what ye will." (The Wiccan Rede)

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

New Zealand; A south pacific Island nation with an army that is second in size only to Fiji
    very well done,I love it jju_57
    The deippe raid as well as the raids Britain carried out in norway were actually very useful because they caused Germany to commit large numbers of troops to defending in the west when they were desperately needed in the east and britain wasnt yet capable of a serious invasion.The deippe raid was a disaster but the lessons learnt there ensured that DDay was a success.

Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

i loved reading this, almost as if the leaders of WW2 were actualy this games AI

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k club

What about the noobish AI dropping their paratroops in the wrong location and stripped of most of their weapons when invading France?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Do one for WW1!

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

I found the AAR here if anyone wants to take a look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II

Quote Originally Posted by Serenadin View Post
    I found the AAR here if anyone wants to take a look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II
    +1

I laughed at that comment.

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2
    Pride of Nations500k club

I loved it!

Why did not you mentioned such dumb gamey exploits as paradrops in Norway and Crit?

The dumb japanese AI forgot about fleet/aviation staking penalty and got itself wiped out out a bunch of US carriers?

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherJayne View Post
    Ironically enough, over half the AI blunders you mention actually occurred in reality...

... awkwaaaard ...
    They're all true. That's the whole point of the beautiful post by jju_57. Maybe we shouldn't be so critical of the game's ai after reading what the humans did.

Captain
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness

I love you jju_57 just pure heartful love and i want to cuddle you and never let go!

and a big kiss to anyone who got it ^^

Now imagine how impossible it would be to somewhat mimic historical results if the ai was "perfect" (in context of the game)
    "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist."
    - Dom Helder Camara

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Well, i do really like this post by JJU, but i believe the German AI is not as stupid as the real world leaders, at least, whenever i play Italy, there's a 80% change Germany steamrolls the USSR. But, o.k. i've seen stupid things as well, like when i played Germany, Italy tried to overrun Greece with totally insufficient/ineffective troops in a very hostile environment, all in the middle of winter! Stupid AI!
    BTW: when i let the AI run my war on France as Germany, my generals performed a marvelous, nearly perfect encirclement of Paris, luring French troops into the city, and then close the gap; there were almost no (French) survivors, i really enjoyed that and immediately promoted all the generals involved :P
    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. - Napoleon Bonaparte

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

That's hilarious!

Now imagine how impossible it would be to somewhat mimic historical results if the ai was "perfect" (in context of the game)
    HOI3 would have to be a simulation. Therefore, the information availability would be much, much poorer and I bet that most players/the AI would do even more mistakes than the historical leaders.

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

-fixed a bug where the JAP AI kept declaring war on the USA in late 1941. It wasn't comparing IC levels correctly, and so never realised there was no hope of victory.
    Relentless madman.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybvep View Post
    HOI3 would have to be a simulation. Therefore, the information availability would be much, much poorer and I bet that most players/the AI would do even more mistakes than the historical leaders.
    very likely. not to mention it would be very boring.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast