• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mayor McCheese

Corporal
15 Badges
May 17, 2011
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
How do I start a country that is unplayable?

I would like to start my 'empire' with either Jodhpur or Mandvi, I guess at this point they are too insignificant for Britain to release them. So, been looking a little bit at the Vicky II Wiki under modding and creating a country. Is that what I have to do if I wanted to start out with Jodhpur or Mandvi? Also, is there a way to do it where the uniforms and flags stay the same as what the armies curently have?

Last edited:
If they're already a dominion, then they already have some territory to their name. I think the modifier in the code for dominions/satellites is "vassal," so I'd search for that in the appropriate file (I don't know which, sorry) and change it to "no"

...or something like that. I don't know much about modding.

I think it's possible to release them by declaring war on GB as another nation with the free people wargoal; although, I'm not sure if Indian or uncivilized nations are exempt from this. They shouldn't be exempt, as I released India doing this. You can then either save game and have England offer that peace agreement, or use the console. The country you release sometimes has the same government(I'm haven't done this enough to find a pattern if it's related to civ v. unciv) as the nation you attacked with. So, in my game as Quebec, I declared war as Chile.

Under history/diplomacy/PuppetStates.txt you can just delete all the lines with the Indian nation you want. You might still be under there sphere, I'm not sure. Below is the text for Jodhpur.

# United Kingdom-Jodhpur
vassal = {
first = ENG
second = JOD
start_date = 1818.1.1
end_date = 1949.1.1
}

Thank you for the responses. It's a bit confusing, I have a lot more reading and learning to do. At this point though, maybe it is better to forget about anything fancy and just learn to play through the game.