+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: [MiniMod] Great Wars for Victoria 2

Master of the Universe CaptRobau's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I do

This mod definately crashes with the 9 sep patch and the 9 sep version of AoC. Which is a shame, because I want to play as Italy, and you know they'll wanna get in on a Great War now and then.

Master of the Universe CaptRobau's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

It's quite easy to make the game compatible (well at least not crash):

Replace "is_valid = {" with " can_use = {".

The game doesn't crash after only a month of playing (it's the 1850s now). Still it might bug up when the Great Wars but at least it doesn't crash anymore.

Deus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuVictoria 2CK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

What a marvelous idea for a mod! Naselus said it right, this is just the way for a history sandbox to treat the Great War.

The vanilla game should have this in it! Good show! Can't wait to try it out. Mass Politics, here I come!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Updated the original post with 1.6. This will update the mod for use with the Sept 9th beta patch (though 1.5 is still available for those who don't have it). Also tweaks a few other things, such as including a new event which grants the Great War CB and is the only way that such wars can be started without infamy (though the CB can still be applied in the course of a regular great war without infamy). Also updated the AoC download at the same time.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

bump for a brilliant mod!

Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Is this compatible with 1.3?

'Cause when I unzip the files to my Vicky II, everybody suddenly has a CB one everybody.
    Sir Robert, OLIR, Sovereign of the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert
    Knights of the Order: TemplarComander, loki100, Enewald, Chris Taylor, Nathan Madien, Svip, Slan, (Mr.) Capiatlist, LeCare, Redandwhite, ThunderHawk3
    Ever wanted to become President? Now you have the chance in The Presidents: 1836 - 1936 - An Interactive US AAR!
    Current President: Richard A. Jarvis (R)
    Current V-President: William Gallatin (R)

Joseph Henry Harrison (1903 - 19??), General, US Army, ret.
    My Inkwell

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBob View Post
    Is this compatible with 1.3?

'Cause when I unzip the files to my Vicky II, everybody suddenly has a CB one everybody.
    You need to download the 1.5 version. The 1.6 version is compatible with the Sept 9th 1.4 beta patch-- and if you use it on anything earlier, you'll get the CB results you mention.

Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    You need to download the 1.5 version. The 1.6 version is compatible with the Sept 9th 1.4 beta patch-- and if you use it on anything earlier, you'll get the CB results you mention.
    Thanks.
    Sir Robert, OLIR, Sovereign of the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert
    Knights of the Order: TemplarComander, loki100, Enewald, Chris Taylor, Nathan Madien, Svip, Slan, (Mr.) Capiatlist, LeCare, Redandwhite, ThunderHawk3
    Ever wanted to become President? Now you have the chance in The Presidents: 1836 - 1936 - An Interactive US AAR!
    Current President: Richard A. Jarvis (R)
    Current V-President: William Gallatin (R)

Joseph Henry Harrison (1903 - 19??), General, US Army, ret.
    My Inkwell

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I am thinking of trying this mod, but one question, how common are the great wars once mass politics is researched? Because it would be a bit silly see Great Wars happening all the time.
    The Eternal State - a DH-KR Ottoman AAR - Dropped due to health reasons

Struggle for the Mediterranean - a BOR Punic War MP AAR
    - Dropped due to AGEOD leaving Paradox

One of these days I will actually finish an AAR

"Holy Roman Empire. Neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire. But it doesn't have any oil so no reason for military intervention" -Voltaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrider View Post
    I am thinking of trying this mod, but one question, how common are the great wars once mass politics is researched? Because it would be a bit silly see Great Wars happening all the time.
    It varies. If GP's go to war in that period, they will call in their allies and the "great war" functionality is activated... so if they go to war a lot, you'll see it more often. The Great War CB itself is only granted by event, however, so you'll only see a Great War started as such infrequently.

Also, when a Great War finishes there are prohibitions against those involved from getting involved in another war right away. Any country that isn't dismantled will have restrictions for 3 years. If they're dismantled, they're restricted for 10 years and also gain better relations with the countries they fought against (as well as enough infamy to put them right at the cut-off level), so chances are whenever a Great War occurs you won't see the countries involved in another one for some time.

As to how well that all works, you'd need to ask those who have used it. It's been in PDM for some time, and everyone seems pretty happy with it overall. Essentially it's a way to raise the stakes in the late game (which can otherwise be a bit dull) and make the world react a bit more realistically to players who throw the infamy limit out the window.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Thanks, I was kind of worried that a great war would occurred every time a peace treaty expired. (like the frequent German French war in vanilla)
    The Eternal State - a DH-KR Ottoman AAR - Dropped due to health reasons

Struggle for the Mediterranean - a BOR Punic War MP AAR
    - Dropped due to AGEOD leaving Paradox

One of these days I will actually finish an AAR

"Holy Roman Empire. Neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire. But it doesn't have any oil so no reason for military intervention" -Voltaire.

BL-logic
    Event Team Leader
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 AHD BetaPride of Nations
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but the on_add CB field does function in at least the latest 1.4 patch.
    e.g adding:

prestige = 1000
    add_country_modifier = {
    name = the_slavery_debate
    duration = 10950
    }
    country_event = 36903

to the on_add field will, when the war goal is added, add around 1000 prestige to the nation, add the country modifier the_slavery_debate for 10950 days and trigger event 36903.
    Game Developer East vs West - Event&Decision Team Leader
    Unless stated otherwise, the content of the above post is my personal opinion only.

Utilities:
    Victoria 2 Pop Maker Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Order Of Battle Maker Utility:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Savegame Analyser Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?638277-Victoria-2-AHD-Savegame-Analyser

Quote Originally Posted by Kalelovil View Post
    I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but the on_add CB field does function in at least the latest 1.4 patch.
    Wha-aaat?

I hope you're right... I tested that many, many times. If they changed it... gosh, that could change a number of things.

I'll go test that again right now.

Okay... I tested it again, and I even put into the on_add field exactly what you posted, yet it does nothing. What did you do to make it work?

BL-logic
    Event Team Leader
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 AHD BetaPride of Nations
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Wha-aaat?

I hope you're right... I tested that many, many times. If they changed it... gosh, that could change a number of things.

I'll go test that again right now.
    Although it only works when adding a wargoal while a war is in progress, not the initial declaration of war (for now).
    Game Developer East vs West - Event&Decision Team Leader
    Unless stated otherwise, the content of the above post is my personal opinion only.

Utilities:
    Victoria 2 Pop Maker Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Order Of Battle Maker Utility:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Savegame Analyser Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?638277-Victoria-2-AHD-Savegame-Analyser

Quote Originally Posted by Kalelovil View Post
    Although it only works when adding a wargoal while a war is in progress, not the initial declaration of war (for now).
    Ah. Well, that's far less useful.

In fact, it doesn't really help at all... but it's good to know, in case I can think of a use for it. Thanks for telling me.

(Might be worth reporting as a bug, though.)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Am running 1.3 of the game and have just downloaded 1.6 of this mod.

Am having a few problems:
    1) the game no longer pauses, it just keeps running. Hiting the space bar does nothing and clicking on the actual button to pause the game with the mouse does nothing.
    2) When i click declare war, there are a million different casus belli, most of which are just characters such as "]". I can upload a screenshot if it will help.

Any advice to sort these two issues out manually? Scanning the above posts, i take it 1.5 is the version i should have downloaded and will sort these issues out?

Quote Originally Posted by enigmamcmxc View Post
    Any advice to sort these two issues out manually? Scanning the above posts, i take it 1.5 is the version i should have downloaded and will sort these issues out?
    Correct. The 1.6 version updates the mod to use the changes to CB's that Paradox put into the 1.4 beta patch. If you aren't using the latest beta patch, then you should only use Great Wars 1.5.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

LOL ... kinda feel stupid now :P

Edit: Okay am back. I have installed 1.5, and there appears to be no problems. So as A-H i declared war on Germany but did not have the Great War casus belli (i did under 1.6). It is 1923 and we have both maxed out the tech trees (near enough).

Soon after the war started the events fired saying there was a great war being waged, and that i had the opporunity to bring in Germany's enemies to the war (this happened to be the USA but they didnt join). Then further event fired saying if i have yet to add the Great War casus belli i should do so asap. After winning a few battles, that allowed me to add a further wargoal, the great war nor any new option was there ... just the same old.

Advice?
    Last edited by enigmamcmxc; 03-12-2011 at 00:11.

Assuming you have Mass Politics researched and have relations of less than -100 with Germany, the CB should appear. If it doesn't I'm not sure why (other than there being a problem with your install and the cb_types file in the common folder wasn't overwritten). You should be able to get the same effect with Cut Down to Size, but I'd definitely check the cb_types file to make sure it's the new one from the mod.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast