+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 321

Thread: [MiniMod] Great Wars for Victoria 2

  1. #41
    Field Marshal Rylock's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    8,288
    Quote Originally Posted by flame7926 View Post
    They fell from Great Power Status the day after I made the treaty with them.
    But they were a GP when the treaty event fired?

  2. #42
    Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    2,218
    There was no treaty event I dont think.

  3. #43
    Question: Does the end of a great war affect (or is it possible to affect) all great powers on the losing side?
    "I have no fear, i have no hope, i am free" inscription on a greek writer's tombstone.

  4. #44
    Field Marshal Rylock's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    8,288
    Quote Originally Posted by flame7926 View Post
    There was no treaty event I dont think.
    That's curious. The only thing I can think of is that, for some reason, the game didn't consider them disarmed despite the fact you enforced the CB on them. Any way to check that? Perhaps tag over to Belgium and see if they're actually disarmed?

  5. #45
    Field Marshal Rylock's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    8,288
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSnow View Post
    Question: Does the end of a great war affect (or is it possible to affect) all great powers on the losing side?
    No-- just any country that ends the war disarmed, meaning you enforced the Cut Down to Size or Great War CB on them.

  6. #46
    Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    2,218
    Well, I did that, and they are paying war indemities, so it enforced it. I think the new version might not have worked with the save game I have very well, though it certainly tore french africa apart.

  7. #47
    Field Marshal Rylock's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    8,288
    Quote Originally Posted by flame7926 View Post
    Well, I did that, and they are paying war indemities, so it enforced it. I think the new version might not have worked with the save game I have very well, though it certainly tore french africa apart.
    Alright. I've updated the mod to deal out colonies by state only, and give preference in Africa to GP's. That should make the borders a bit more reasonable.

  8. #48
    Modding Victoria 2 ZomgK3tchup's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    2,351
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    Alright. I've updated the mod to deal out colonies by state only, and give preference in Africa to GP's. That should make the borders a bit more reasonable.
    Question. Did you specify:

    If two GPs share a state (such as if Britain colonizes a state that France had a colony in from 1836) then the winning GP gets priority for the rest of that state?

    If a winning GP neighbors a losing GP in Africa then it gets priority for that particular state (South Africa neighboring Portuguese Africa, for example. Britain would get this over, say, Spain).

    A GP should not get a landlocked state if it does not neighbor a coastal one?

    That should solve most of your border issues in Africa.

  9. #49
    Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    2,218
    Just a suggestion, I think it should be possible for countries that are not the war leader to also call their allies in.

  10. #50
    Field Marshal Rylock's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    8,288
    Quote Originally Posted by ZomgK3tchup View Post
    If two GPs share a state (such as if Britain colonizes a state that France had a colony in from 1836) then the winning GP gets priority for the rest of that state?
    You automatically gain any colonial/overseas states that you border-- so that would include any states that you own a part of.

    A GP should not get a landlocked state if it does not neighbor a coastal one?
    I could restrict colonial gains only to coastal states and neighbouring states... but I can't "keep going", as it were... meaning I could only give a single coastal state, I couldn't keep giving more states further inland. So right now a GP can potentially gain any state, inland or not, with priority given to neighboring states. A non-greater power can only gain neighbouring and coastal states in Africa, however.

    If that still doesn't look good, my only other option would be to hand out Africa in "chunks"... meaning I look at every owned state within a group of states (such as every state in Angola) and give those out to a particular country. That would get pretty complex. Sadly, all annexations have to be done by an event run by the truce countries... there is no "annex_to" equivalent for province secession which would make it easier.
    Last edited by Rylock; 26-05-2011 at 04:11.

  11. #51
    Field Marshal Rylock's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    8,288
    Quote Originally Posted by flame7926 View Post
    Just a suggestion, I think it should be possible for countries that are not the war leader to also call their allies in.
    They do try, but I notice it's not always possible to do so (meaning non-war leaders do make the call to their allies, but the game doesn't always allow them to join the war... I'm not yet certain what the criteria are for which countries are allowed and which ones aren't). If the game doesn't allow them to join, however, there's nothing I can do.

  12. #52
    Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    2,218
    When do the other modifiers after Great War kick in, because in my Belgium/France war it happened, but in this war, after four years I still have Great War as a country flag.

  13. #53
    Field Marshal Rylock's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    8,288
    Quote Originally Posted by flame7926 View Post
    When do the other modifiers after Great War kick in, because in my Belgium/France war it happened, but in this war, after four years I still have Great War as a country flag.
    The base time for each modifier is three years before the next one kicks in, but it can be as high as 4.5 if you've been doing really well. If you're doing poorly, and are having provinces occupied, then it kicks in much sooner. If you have a lot of your country occupied, the "total collapse" event removes the modifiers altogether.

  14. #54
    Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    2,218
    Well its been almost 5 years now, nothing is happening in the war really, Im transporting 3 million troops to Canada, and now I've started battles, one with 2 million of theres vs 1.4 mil of mine, and another with about 500k of each

  15. #55
    Modding Victoria 2 ZomgK3tchup's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    2,351
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    If that still doesn't look good, my only other option would be to hand out Africa in "chunks"... meaning I look at every owned state within a group of states (such as every state in Angola) and give those out to a particular country. That would get pretty complex. Sadly, all annexations have to be done by an event run by the truce countries... there is no "annex_to" equivalent for province secession which would make it easier.
    I imagine this is the issue then. France colonizes most of North Africa and then gets wrecked in a Great War. The Sahara then becomes spotted with random Austrian and German colonies.

    Incidentally, did you specify that a colony has to be overseas and/or not connected to the rest of the country? Not could cause issues with Russia losing a war and ceding parts of Central Asia and Siberia to a random GP.

    Those are the only major border issues I can see happening (though I haven't played your mod yet).

  16. #56
    Field Marshal Rylock's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    8,288
    Quote Originally Posted by ZomgK3tchup View Post
    I imagine this is the issue then. France colonizes most of North Africa and then gets wrecked in a Great War. The Sahara then becomes spotted with random Austrian and German colonies.
    Possibly, yes-- particularly if Austria and Germany didn't already own any part of that area. The way the events work, however, it would likely end up with the lion's share going to one GP or the other. So perhaps I will need to break down eventually and give Africa out in chunks-- as it's the only sizable land mass (at least in Vanilla) that has no cores to otherwise release.

    Incidentally, did you specify that a colony has to be overseas and/or not connected to the rest of the country? Not could cause issues with Russia losing a war and ceding parts of Central Asia and Siberia to a random GP.
    Russia only gives out overseas territory... so colonies in Siberia will not be doled out. That's unique to it and the USA, however.

  17. #57
    Field Marshal Rylock's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    8,288
    Quote Originally Posted by flame7926 View Post
    Well its been almost 5 years now, nothing is happening in the war really, Im transporting 3 million troops to Canada, and now I've started battles, one with 2 million of theres vs 1.4 mil of mine, and another with about 500k of each
    Hmm. Perhaps I will have to change to increase it MTTH to "opponents are losing" as well as "I am not myself losing". Or lower the MTTH to 2 years instead of 3.

  18. #58
    Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    2,218
    My war with the US was in its 12 year, and the battle had been going on for at least 7. It started as about 2 million on each side and by 1933 it was at about 1 million each. The late game combat and AI needs reworking, because I had a stack in their province, then they just piled troops on, so I did, and eventually it just got to be so all our troops were in one battle.

  19. #59
    Field Marshal Rylock's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    8,288
    Quote Originally Posted by flame7926 View Post
    The late game combat and AI needs reworking, because I had a stack in their province, then they just piled troops on, so I did, and eventually it just got to be so all our troops were in one battle.
    That I can do nothing about. The combat system and AI are not in our ability to mod.

  20. #60
    Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    2,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    That I can do nothing about. The combat system and AI are not in our ability to mod.
    I know, just a comment, I'm redoing my war with Belgium and France to see if the colonies turn out better, what are the conditions that you can declare a great war on somebody?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts