• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(192255)

Kerberos Productions
2 Badges
Jan 23, 2010
www.kerberos-productions.com
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
allan_mcdonald.JPG

Name and job title!
Allan MacDonald, 3D Generalist.

What does a 3D Generalist do?
Currently focusing on a lot of hard surface modeling and design work for various races, but my roots are in character work. I like making stuff as long as it strikes me as cool.

What are some of your favorite games of all time? (not counting your own)
Starcraft would be on there, because of the artwork that went into the first release back in 98 or something, then the race styles were very flushed out and I really liked that. Unreal 99 and 04, Quake, Cod4:Mod. RTS and FPS. There’s lots more.

How did you get started in the games industry?
I ended up jumping ship from an Indie Movie studio - the content seemed more interesting, turned out to be too.

Favorite thing about making games
I'm doing what I would be doing on my own time, if not games specifically, Creating in general.

The best thing about working at Kerberos is...
One of the best things would have to be the freedom to design and influence the visual outcome of the title.

Everyone here is making a mark, and I love that. I think you would be hard pressed to find the same level of involvement and contribution in a larger studio. Oh, and donuts.

What is your favorite race/faction in Sword of the Stars II?
Although I haven't worked on them much, I would have to say Tarka. They just seembadass. Very tribal, force aggression. The designs are also most akin to what I enjoy creating as well.

Are you a warmonger or a diplomat?
Me personally, I'm a diplomat, but playing a game like Sword of the Stars, certainly a warmonger. I don't see why you wouldn't be, galactic conquest is on the table.

Favorite feature of Sword of the Stars II?
Easily the customizable ships and their section selection. Adds another dimension to game play.

What's the farthest-away place you've been?
Douglas Adams' Hitchhikers Guide Universe, Marvin kills me. Either that, or while working/Listening to music.

Is it just me or does his screen look tiny for a graphics guy?

24' wide?

His left hand is bionic. It's moving so fast over the keyboard that I shows as a blur. Is he human? Is he friendly? He looks at the screen while typing with one hand and writing with the other. He's a machine, an automaton. The hat hides the exposed gears.

Nah! Never mind. It's just a cheap digital phone cam.

Seems like everyone likes the involvement in actually creating the game, not just following orders. :)