• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Renfrost84

Sergeant
8 Badges
Jul 7, 2009
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
This is my second game of Vicky 2 (first one I played as UK). I'm playing the USA, and I'm trying to keep my rich pop's tax slider as low as possible to make sure capi's and aristocrats get all their needs met, so they can perform well and invest in RGO's and factories. Even when I let the slider sit at 0% for a while, about 1/4 of my rich pop's do not have all their needs met, and a few even have none of their needs met.

1)Why aren't all my rich pop's getting all their needs met even though the tax slider is at 0%?
2)Will it actually be worth it for capi's and aristocrats to have all their needs met?

This is my second game of Vicky 2 (first one I played as UK). I'm playing the USA, and I'm trying to keep my rich pop's tax slider as low as possible to make sure capi's and aristocrats get all their needs met, so they can perform well and invest in RGO's and factories. Even when I let the slider sit at 0% for a while, about 1/4 of my rich pop's do not have all their needs met, and a few even have none of their needs met.

1)Why aren't all my rich pop's getting all their needs met even though the tax slider is at 0%?
2)Will it actually be worth it for capi's and aristocrats to have all their needs met?

early in the game they dont 'get much' income dont worry too much
put them to max tax and lower tarrifs, then invest in the techs that boost performace, is in the 1st column in industry, at early game tax effeciency is low so max isnt very much
usually works for me

Tariffs all the way to the left also hels, as s(1-9,0)m says.

Your aristocrats don't particularly matter - them being broke just makes them demote, and aristocrat fraction just gives a small bonus to RGO production.

Capitalists, on the other hand, can only invest if they have spare money, which comes best from them having enough money for Luxury needs...and BEYOND!