• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

s1234567890m

Mwahahahahaha
53 Badges
Dec 26, 2010
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • King Arthur II
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Pride of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
I have been slowly removing provinces of the USA via taking them as texas or freeing people, but constantly i am amazed at the size of US mobiisation pool, its is currently >400 while there standing army is a mear 50 brigades. and in a different game as france i invaded them there mobilisation pool was massive, i needed half my standing army to quell them (i had the biggest army at the time)

So my question does the US get a bonus to there poor pops to give such a large pool?

What is their population?

With techs, mobilization pool for a populated nation can be massive.

This is because massive immigration and (I think) a bonus to assimilation. I have a game where I have conquered most of the map and a crippled USA can still draft about 300 brigades.

Being a Nation with the liberty national value, America if anything gets a penalty to their mobilization (2% base rather than 4 or 6% for order and equality), but especially under 1.3 the USA sees massive immigration, allowing for the massive mobilization pool (which is sorta what happened in history....)

It's due to the massive craftsmen class of a powerful industrial USA. And it's very historical. The US standing army was very small for most of its history and for all of the period of the game. It was also hilariously large and powerful when mobilized. I think it's one of the many things the game models perfectly.

The US tends to get really large and powerful when there is no other American country attracting immigrants. That's why I always send war indemnities to all of them (if I have the financial muscles) when they are at war, and try to help Mexico and the CSA militarily. The next superpower should of course always be my country and nothing else.