+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Massive USA Mobilisation

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Massive USA Mobilisation

I have been slowly removing provinces of the USA via taking them as texas or freeing people, but constantly i am amazed at the size of US mobiisation pool, its is currently >400 while there standing army is a mear 50 brigades. and in a different game as france i invaded them there mobilisation pool was massive, i needed half my standing army to quell them (i had the biggest army at the time)

So my question does the US get a bonus to there poor pops to give such a large pool?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

What is their population?

With techs, mobilization pool for a populated nation can be massive.
    If you have problems with getting into Personal Unions in EUIII, adopt "keep your %@#$ in your pants" policy with regards to Royal marriages.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

~19 mil i think

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

This is because massive immigration and (I think) a bonus to assimilation. I have a game where I have conquered most of the map and a crippled USA can still draft about 300 brigades.
    1 Capitalist
    Nationality: Swedish
    Religion: Protestant
    Ideology: Liberal
    Issues: Secularism, Good healthcare
    Revolt Risk: 0 %
    Militancy: 0.05 (+0.00)
    Consciousness: 7.00 (-0.05)

In my USA game, ~1915 I was able to mobilise 800 brigades. The giant population and lots of poor people working in the factories made this grow so fast.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Being a Nation with the liberty national value, America if anything gets a penalty to their mobilization (2% base rather than 4 or 6% for order and equality), but especially under 1.3 the USA sees massive immigration, allowing for the massive mobilization pool (which is sorta what happened in history....)

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2

It's due to the massive craftsmen class of a powerful industrial USA. And it's very historical. The US standing army was very small for most of its history and for all of the period of the game. It was also hilariously large and powerful when mobilized. I think it's one of the many things the game models perfectly.

Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition

Blog Entries
    The US tends to get really large and powerful when there is no other American country attracting immigrants. That's why I always send war indemnities to all of them (if I have the financial muscles) when they are at war, and try to help Mexico and the CSA militarily. The next superpower should of course always be my country and nothing else.
    I had a dream, inside a dream
    I woke so many times

+ Reply to Thread