+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PDM 3.1.1 download/feedback thread (for non-AHD, v1.3 only)

Quote Originally Posted by JuffoWop View Post
    V2 crashes during startup (When it displays "Loading Flags," if it makes any difference) after installing PDM 3.1.1. I'm running Windows 7 x64, is this a known issue? Also, if there's a different thread where I'm supposed to post error reports I'll stick this there instead.
    I am using Windows 7 x64 and don't have that problem. Double check that u have downloaded the 1.3 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by JuffoWop View Post
    V2 crashes during startup (When it displays "Loading Flags," if it makes any difference) after installing PDM 3.1.1. I'm running Windows 7 x64, is this a known issue? Also, if there's a different thread where I'm supposed to post error reports I'll stick this there instead.
    Can you give us the exact order you've installed in, and have you installed anything else on V2 as well?
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireKing Arthur II
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesV2 AHD BetaPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserBenjamin View Post
    I haven't noticed that people don't build troops, but I haven't been paying much attention. (Since I'm Mexico, so I'm focused on the USA.) I will say that I build a 30 unit navy and promptly had no money. As much as it pains me, I may have to scuttle about half those ships. They're just too expensive for to afford.

*EDIT* As you can see, Britain has by far the biggest fleet but still maintains a 70 brigade army. Contrast that with Germany, and their 20 unit navy but 270 brigade army. Russia appears to be making some poor choices though. They only have 7 brigades and a 120 unit navy. :/
    (3.1.1 year 1866)
    I went about playing my game as france as if it was vanilla. I had 3 fleets of about 40 commerce raiders each. Even at 100% taxes, 100% tarrifs, I was in the red. I finally realized what it was and scuttled 2 of the 3 fleets before the Banque du France went belly up too. The investors in said bank were happy though, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tului View Post
    I went about playing my game as france as if it was vanilla. I had 3 fleets of about 40 commerce raiders each. Even at 100% taxes, 100% tarrifs, I was in the red. I finally realized what it was and scuttled 2 of the 3 fleets before the Banque du France went belly up too. The investors in said bank were happy though, I'm sure.
    At least it prevents the AI from building ships constantly. I think the constraint is good, although I still approve of making the wooden ships a little bit cheaper, as the 3.1.2 changelog portends.

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    We can't do a damn thing to control fleet sizes.
    Ahh, I was hoping linking fleets to pops to control the numbers would have been an effective method... Perhaps something to suggest to Pdox in their new patch

First time playing PDM(though I got 100+ pages into the megathread before I started), and I'm up to 1868 as the US. It's good stuff, but I've got a few comments/bugreports so far.
    - The ACW seems really hard to fire. I had CSA core events in the early 1840s, I started intentionally maxing CON around 1850, and it still hasn't fired. Is it waiting for something in particular, or am I just having bad luck? (EDIT: Got it in 1871)
    - I keep getting random Humiliate CBs, without any event firing to give them to me. This has probably happened 4-5 times that I've noticed.
    - I keep getting the expanded mine province events(Nitroglycerin, I believe it is) firing in provinces that have a farm.
    - I built the Panama Canal, and about a year after it was finally finished, I got a notification that someone else had started to build the Panama Canal.
    - I can't get any Bureaucrats whatsoever in any colonial province.
    - 4/5 of the Commerce tree seems utterly worthless. The only bonuses seem to be to share production and factory costs, neither of which is meaningful at the scale you're giving it. The tree where each tech gives 8% factory output(with inventions) is okay, but I've never even considered researching any of the other techs in the tree, even with my 10% bonus.
    - Money seems really, really easy to come by. I've been sitting at 10% taxes, no tariffs, 100% sliders to everything but stockpile(which is at 50-80%)for most of the game and still running a consistent four-figure profit. I'm up to like 7 mil in the bank, plus several more mil in stockpiled goods, even after a few expensive wars.
    - I know one of your goals is having A-H industrialize late, but it doesn't seem to be working. They've consistently been about 50% higher on industry than the US, and they're pushing 500 now. Russia has been appropriately slow, however.

So is this WAD, vanilla bugs, or something that needs fixing?
    Last edited by Alsadius; 17-06-2011 at 05:50.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Alsadius View Post
    First time playing PDM(though I got 100+ pages into the megathread before I started), and I'm up to 1868 as the US. It's good stuff, but I've got a few comments/bugreports so far.
    - The ACW seems really hard to fire. I had CSA core events in the early 1840s, I started intentionally maxing CON around 1850, and it still hasn't fired. Is it waiting for something in particular, or am I just having bad luck?
    - I keep getting random Humiliate CBs, without any event firing to give them to me. This has probably happened 4-5 times that I've noticed.
    - I keep getting the expanded mine province events(Nitroglycerin, I believe it is) firing in provinces that have a farm.
    - I built the Panama Canal, and about a year after it was finally finished, I got a notification that someone else had started to build the Panama Canal.
    - I can't get any Bureaucrats whatsoever in any colonial province.
    - 4/5 of the Commerce tree seems utterly worthless. The only bonuses seem to be to share production and factory costs, neither of which is meaningful at the scale you're giving it. The tree where each tech gives 8% factory output(with inventions) is okay, but I've never even considered researching any of the other techs in the tree, even with my 10% bonus.
    - Money seems really, really easy to come by. I've been sitting at 10% taxes, no tariffs, 100% sliders to everything but stockpile(which is at 50-80%)for most of the game and still running a consistent four-figure profit. I'm up to like 7 mil in the bank, plus several more mil in stockpiled goods, even after a few expensive wars.
    - I know one of your goals is having A-H industrialize late, but it doesn't seem to be working. They've consistently been about 50% higher on industry than the US, and they're pushing 500 now. Russia has been appropriately slow, however.

So is this WAD, vanilla bugs, or something that needs fixing?
    Are you actually using/commenting on 3.1.1? Or did you post this in the wrong thread?

Yes, I'm using 3.1.1. This is the most recent version for V2 1.3, correct? It's still linked in Nas's sig as such. I know some stuff may have changed, but that deems easy enough to deprecate as appropriate.

Yes, I'm using 3.1.1. This is the most recent version for V2 1.3, correct? It's still linked in Nas's sig as such. I know some stuff may have changed, but that deems easy enough to deprecate as appropriate.
    Yes, version 3.1.1 is the last version that was made for 1.3... everything since has been for the 1.4 beta. I don't think there are plans to update the 3.0.0 series separately, however. We're already 13 versions beyond it now, after all, but that would be for Naselus to decide.

Sure, I get that. Once 1.4 comes out, using the 1.4 versions makes perfect sense(I just tend to shy away from betas). But I'd figure that a bit of feedback is still appreciated, and that some of those bugs may not have been fixed yet. If one of the things listed is fixed, ignore it, but if it's not, I hope I'm helping.

BL-logic
    Event Team Leader
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 AHD BetaPride of Nations
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Sure, I get that. Once 1.4 comes out, using the 1.4 versions makes perfect sense(I just tend to shy away from betas). But I'd figure that a bit of feedback is still appreciated, and that some of those bugs may not have been fixed yet. If one of the things listed is fixed, ignore it, but if it's not, I hope I'm helping.
    The 1.4 beta is more stable than the final 1.3 patch.
    Game Developer East vs West - Event&Decision Team Leader
    Unless stated otherwise, the content of the above post is my personal opinion only.

Utilities:
    Victoria 2 Pop Maker Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Order Of Battle Maker Utility:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Savegame Analyser Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?638277-Victoria-2-AHD-Savegame-Analyser

Many of the things you brought up have been addressed (or, at least, the effort is ongoing). The nitroglycerin thing might be something to look at, I don't know... the RGO spread events aren't good-specific (despite the text). They spread the tech from province to province regardless of what's produced there.

Yes, many ( in fact, almost all) of these things have been addressed in 4.0x. But equally, I'd like to have the feedback, in case anything has not been.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

first time playing PDM and i've noticed that there are a lot of reactionary rebels in my country(USA) and other great powers, Britain and France have both reverted to Absolute monarchies
    ZipZopBoopityBop! With the Sniflin an the Snuflin!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

I'm playing this version on 1.3, I assume everything is working fine, except for Precious Metal / Gold : my mines are productive but the benefits don't show up in the income balance. Is it just visual or am I actually not getting anything from those mines ?

The state draws no direct revenue from mines, but you get large tax reciepts from the workers in those RGOs.

Europa Universalis III: In NomineEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

OK
    Still playing 3.1.1, what are the requirements for the "establish protectorate" CB ? I've already got Nat/Imperialism, what else is needed ?
    EDIT : Oh never-mind, I still need to be a Great Power...

So what's up with the "Boxer Atrocities" events ? I'm Japan, 4th GP with a sphere on the Chinese Empire, I nearly lost 100 prestige to them : is it to force me to declare war or just a glitch ?

How do you actually install this stuff?
    Lemont Elwood
    Founder of the Liberal International
    Founder of the Imperial Congress
    Founder of the New Crusader Army
    Knight and Fifth Seneschal of the Order of Southern Paradoxians
    Founder of the Order of the Anglos

unzip it over your V2 folder. You are much, much better off upgrading to the 1.4 beta and using the 4.4.3 version of the mod for it, if you can.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast