What this mod is, is a collection of the little countries I've added in to that melting-pot home-mod I have. Originally it was just going to be Micronesia (a collection of islands in the Pacific), and when I saw that it had next to no effect on the game, I decided not to release it. I've added a couple of countries (and cultures, but they're cut in this version: too reliant on other peoples' work) here and there, but nothing I considered too big a deal.
Then I start seeing a couple of posts in a couple of threads thinking about adding Oceanian nations, and I figure some of this might be of use to someone. So play standalone, if you wish, or incorporate elements into your own mod: anyone can use any part they like (I'm quite proud of a lot of the flags, myself) as long as they mention that I made it somewhere.
So! The mod adds:
None of these are easy to lead into greatness, but anything is possible.
- In Europe, cores have been added for Gaeldom (a nation for the Scottish Gaelic people), Ingria, Karelia, and Sapmi, while Norway now starts as a Swedish satellite.
- In Indonesia, Bone, Bulungan, Kutei, Pontianak, Siak, and Sulu all start independent (Siak's on Sumatra, Bone's on Sulawesi, the rest on Borneo: Sulu has Phillipene cores, good luck to any who want to try and rule over 'em)
- Luang Pragrang has been split, and now Champassak is free. Under a skillful player, the Laotian kingdoms can break free of non-existance or Thai-satelliteness (which Luang Prabrang and Champassak now begin with) and unite into Laos.
- Scattered around the non-titular parts of Oceania, you'll find the kingdoms of Fiji and Tonga as well as Spanish-controlled Marianas cores.
- And in and around Micronesia, where this all started: The Marshall Islands, Palau, Ponape (now, but not then, known as Pohnpei), Truk (now Chuuk), Yap, and a union for all called Micronesia.