• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Duskey

Colonel
7 Badges
Apr 4, 2010
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Heir to the Throne
  • 500k Club
Good player of EU3? Can you turn an OPM into a powerhouse? Do you enjoy making AARs? Do you laugh in the face of getting annxed and is "bankruptcy for religion chance" your middle name? Then look no further. Over on the general EU3 forum, there's been two AWESOME ideas for AARs that I'd like to highlight in the hopes, that someone will give it a go.

Twice-Blessed

<snip>

1 - Start as Byzantium (True heir to the Roman Empire - check)
2 - Go Catholic
3 - Become the Emperor (Legacy of Charlemagne, and the Western Empire - check)
4 - Renovatio Imperii (HRE option greyed out, as it's 'mission' is complete)
5 - Change government type from empire to Enlightened despotism (- 2 stab)
6 - Change government type to absolute monarchy (- 4 stab)
7 - Change government to despotic monarchy (- 4 stab)
8 - Change government type to theocracy (- 4 stab)
9 - Cause the downfall of the Papacy, and become the Pope ('Holy' - half a check)
10 - Move the capital to Rome, conquering it, if necessary (Roman - check)
11 - Form the KoG! ('Holy' - check is absolute; Papacy - greyed out, as it does not need to be controlled any more :) )

This path would be even more epic then the last one! You are twice-fold holy, as the papacy and Kingdom of God, totally Roman, as Byzantine and having the capital in the Eternal City and a double Emperor - uniting the generally hereditary Eastern Empire and the generally elective Western one.

So you can harness the power of both political entities and become the HRE squared!!!

:wacko:

Best discipline & morale troops

Absolute strongest possible soldiers in the game?

There is a lot of theorycrafting in this thread. Have a look for the possible strongest troops obtainable.

Gotta try this one!

And these steps are sure :rofl:'y

Last edited:
I am actually very very close to finishing the first one (or a different version of it). I have been working on the game on and off since January, and wrote a few chapters of an AAR. I wanted to finish the whole thing before starting to post because I don't have a lot of time for the game and I didn't want to have long hiatuses in between chapters.

This is the version I am doing:
1 - Start as Byzantium, true heir to the Roman Empire [Roman: 1/2]
2 - Go Catholic
3 - Become the Emperor, acquiring the Legacy of Charlemagne, and the Western Empire [Empire: 1/2]
4 - Renovatio Imperii, breaking with the concept of federalism and introducing the dominate once again [Empire: 2/2]
5 - Change government type from empire to theocracy
6 - Cause the downfall of the Papacy, and become the Pope [Holy : 1/2]
7 - Move your capital to Rome, the eternal city, conquering it if necessary. While you are at it, conquer every single province the original Empire (as well as Byzantine successor state) ever had [Roman: 2/2]
8 - Form the Kingdom of God! [Holy: 2/2]

Now you are twice-fold holy, as the papacy and Kingdom of God, totally Roman, as Byzantine emulating the original empire's greatness and having the capital in Rome and a double Emperor - uniting the generally hereditary Eastern Empire and the generally elective Western one.

As a further bonus you have grayed out, and thus harnessed the power, of the two main political entities in Europe.

And to make it even more epic - write it in a way so it is at least remotely plausible
I have to admit, tho, I got bored and completed the last step before fully finishing the 7th step :) Just 2 annoying colonial powers with capitals on European coasts keeping me from completing it all (also, my empire only goes to the Euphrates in the middle east. Is that far enough or should I go farther?)

edit - actually, the only part of the one in the OP I didn't do was Enlightened Despotism.

Last edited: