+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 466

Thread: United We Stand - European Union AAR

  1. #161
    The days of endless please-stop-hitting-each-other-on-the-head talk is over. If you set a fast standard of intervention right now, invading Montenegro, restoring government (or integrate it) you'll gain respect. The Russians etc. would never invade you so soon, before they have redeployed, you already defeated them...

    Tim

  2. #162
    The Avatar of Time 4th Dimension's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United Serb Tribes, Holy Slavic Empire
    Posts
    2,221
    Loyal Montenegrins, don't belive the Franco-Germanic propaganda. Our rhuthless mafia tyrants have finally been vanquished by the might of of Serb arms, or have fled to that stain on face of Serbidom, called "Independednt republic of Kosova". Join the mother Russia in our crussade to end the Hitlerite-Napoleonic dominion over peoples of Europe.


    I do wonder, lacking huge support by EU AND NATO, how did Balkans get this fragmented?
    In my cookie jar
    Krofta Kookie! | PanzAARcookie! | Uniting Russia's Russian double-chip Peter Wrangel's chocolate cookie• | Got 10 in Timelines

    To place foot upon tyrany's neck,
    to lead tyrants to knowledge of the right,
    this is the most sacred of man's duties!
    Bishop Danilo - The Mountain Wreath

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Santiago View Post
    I think that I speak for everybody when I say that I wanna see Köhler and Zapatero, on top a tank, blasting their way through the streets of Belgrade with the Ode to Joy as background music, pleeeease...
    I'm actually going to put that song on now that you mention it

    Quote Originally Posted by Viden View Post
    Zapatero on a top of a tank? Invading Serbia?

    Good luck with that.
    Indeed. I think seeing any politician on the front lines would be unbelievable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andcus View Post
    Well then, consider me the leader of the moderate faction

    There is no chance that an attack on Serbia will end well for us. An attack might bring some of the other balkan states into the hands of Russia.
    Best course of action (in my humble oppinion) Would be to coerce the Eastern European Coalition of Sovereign States to intervene. They hate the russians and would bring suffice numbers to end the conflict. In exchange we could give them trade deals, equipment and materials. If we feel the need to have a physical presence in the region for public goodwill and to also send a message to the balkan countries that we won't abandon them if Ivan comes, the we could deploy special forces and "peacekeepers" to Kosovo and supply the country with materials and equipment.
    My original plan was to deploy some para's into Kosovo but given the readAARs response ... things are up in the air.

    As for the Eastern European Coalition of Sovereign States, I'm not sure that they would be all that willing. As much as they hate Russia, they aren't stupid. I don't know that they would antagonize them so much. And besides, Serbia is supported by the USA as well. As bad as relations are with Russia, they are pretty good with the USA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ton de Vid View Post
    English:War! German:Krieg! Some latin languange:Guerre! Paradox: DOW! You got a legitimate CB now go for it. No matter if it messes up the whole story .
    You aren't alone in that thinking :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfredian View Post
    Trouble in the Balkans setting large power-blocs against each other. Surely it will all be over by Christmas....
    All of this seems kinda familiar ... is anyone else having Deja-vu?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sethanon View Post
    Ay! We must be the first to strike! Force the Balkan into the United European Union, and Italy too while we're in the region anyway! The time for taking out oil platforms is over, the time to take out countries has begun!
    Give the pro-war faction a majority in the European Parliament!
    That oil platform will come up very soon. No need to worry.
    Invading Serbia is provocative enough ... Invading Italy and then naturally Greece by alliance and then annexing Kosovo would be very, very dangerous.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andcus View Post
    Robert Schuman would be ashamed of what his Europe has turned into if we allow warmongering people to dictate the course of this great nation.
    We must be better than all others, all the time. We will not spend the lives of european citizens while a diplomatic and peaceful outcome is still possible.
    European expansion will be through the will of the people, not the will of the armies.
    Give the European Party for Progress a majority in the Parliament!
    This is ironically the exact plans I had made originally for the EU ... it appears that times could be changing though ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sethanon View Post
    No! Those who oppose the will of ancient Europe should be brought down! Fine if they want to integrate into our empire-- Union peacefully. But if not they will be forced to do so!
    All of Europe will come into our fold, of that I assure you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ton de Vid View Post
    Democracy has spoken, unleash the hounds of WAR !
    If the pro-war faction is up in arms about little Montenegro already, then they are about to go ballistic ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmie0307 View Post
    The days of endless please-stop-hitting-each-other-on-the-head talk is over. If you set a fast standard of intervention right now, invading Montenegro, restoring government (or integrate it) you'll gain respect. The Russians etc. would never invade you so soon, before they have redeployed, you already defeated them...

    Tim
    Interesting line of thought. I think that all this talk calls for an update!

    Quote Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
    Loyal Montenegrins, don't belive the Franco-Germanic propaganda. Our rhuthless mafia tyrants have finally been vanquished by the might of of Serb arms, or have fled to that stain on face of Serbidom, called "Independednt republic of Kosova". Join the mother Russia in our crussade to end the Hitlerite-Napoleonic dominion over peoples of Europe.


    I do wonder, lacking huge support by EU AND NATO, how did Balkans get this fragmented?
    Lovely little unbiased statement there. Kind of like my news piece
    As for the Balkans, they fell apart in the aftermath of the Summer War. They dissolved into civil war within Yugoslavia and the breakup of the country, pushed mainly by the EU was inevitable.

    Now, I believe it is time for an update.
    What say you?!
    Land of the Samurai - Character WritAAR of the Week | Of Their Own Accord - United States of North America AAR
    I, Alexei - WritAAR of the Week | Flight of the Eagle - German MDS AAR
    Spotlight ; United We Stand - European Union AAR - Favourite Narrative AAR { AARland Awards 2011 - Round 2 }

    Inducted into the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert for I, Alexei : 31 - 1 - 2011
    TemplarComander's Cookie of Achievement

  4. #164
    Nouvelles d'Union Fédérales
    Broadcasting from Paris, District of France, European Union




    "Bonjour et - welcome back to our crisis news session. It is 18:32 and the European Senate has just broken from an emergency session. When we last left you, analysts and experts from across the European Union were discussing what sort of action that the European Senate would decide to play in the ongoing Balkan crisis. Members of varying parties were debating, with many representatives of Senators arguing in favour of Armed Intervention. It seemed that few besides Andcus Kahlke, a Senator who emigrated from Denmark in the mid-1970's were arguing for a scaled back response. We can tell you from our monitor's in the Senate Hall, that Senator Kahlke has indeed represented the Moderate cause and his electorate in Hamburg within the Senate, arguing passionately for a non-violent response. Other Senators, from across the EU have pushed for an intervention in Serbia-Montenegro, with some going so far as to suggest the need for an intervention in numerous nations of the Balkans. A fringe group of these Pro-War Senators have used the moment to declare that all of Europe must be integrated into the Union, one way or another."



    "In the streets of major cities across the Union, protesters took to the streets - one side calling for an armed intervention against Serbia, while others carried messages of peace. A brief clash erupted in Madrid that was swiftly put down by police and security forces. Only three people were injured and no one was- I'm being told that we are receiving footage of Chancellor Zapatero giving a brief speech to the Senate. Let's take a look."


    "Friends and Countrymen, while we sit here and debate an intervention in Montenegro and Serbia, news has reached my ears that will sour this debate. Over the course of the last two weeks, while Montenegro battled heroically against the Russian-backed Serbian army, the United States of America has been engaged in a secret war with her enemies around the world."

    "In the Middle East, the European Intelligence Bureau has seen a rise in the military activities of American allies, such as Hussein's Crescent, and our friends in Israel, Egypt and Jordan. In the Americas, tensions between American allies and the Brazilian alliance are at the highest they have been since the end of the Summer War, and border skirmishes are a common occurrence. In Asia, the American machine has flexed it's military and diplomatic arms in a meeting with India, and now with a covert attack on North Korea. Indeed, North Korea is not their only victim. In the Middle East, Iran too has fallen prey to their secret war."



    "As we speak, the American President is deliberating his response to what our sources have outlined to us as the greatest defeat of American power in recent memory. In Iran, a failed attempt to destroy the Iranian Nuclear Facilities has lead to the deaths of the Navy Seals Team sent by their masters, while two of the men, wounded and battered have been taken prisoner by the Republican Guard."

    "In North Korea, a second team of Navy Seals has been struck down in their attempts to cause untold destruction. The nuclear energy facilities of yet another nation were in the sights of American Power and yet again, the United States has failed to defeat their opponents. Despite the regrettable deaths of his team members, a single US serviceman is currently being held somewhere within the DPRK."



    "While we may not always see eye to eye with our American counterparts, I for one give my condolences to the families of the dead on both sides. I will also extend my hand to America as a diplomatic ally, and call on them to seize this chance to decrease tensions, and hopefully, to increase the failing prospect of peace on this Earth."

    "Meanwhile, I call on this Senate, and the world in its whole to give Europe their blessing in what we can plainly see, as we move ever closer, to be a clash of titans and a twilight of gods. With the will of the people, and with the full force of this elected body behind our European Storm, we will emerge the victors in our fractured world. Trust that we will not look for death, but when it comes, it shall not be our own."


    "While his speech was met with thunderous applause, Chancellor Zapatero's announcement seems to have come at a time which may very well fan the flames of an already convicted Pro-War faction in the Senate. A faction which only looks to grow in strength and popularity as the crisis unfolds. Whether the moderates of Senator Kahlke will manage to hold their own, or if they will continue to be outnumbered remains to be seen."

    "No comment was received from the British or American embassies on the possibility of a European intervention into Montenegro against Serbia, while the Russian embassy stationed in Paris warned against a violent response, conjuring up memories of the devastating First World War that began when European powers meddled in Serbian affairs almost 90 years ago. No comment was received when the Russian ambassador was reminded of how his nation fared in the devastating war."



    "For now though, the European Senate has voted overwhelming to support embargo measures against the Serbian state. A proposal for a naval blockade of the nation, is expected to be forthcoming and is suspected to be part of a series of co-authoured proposals between some Pro-War and Moderate politicians. The supposed Intervention proposal, is still seemingly undergoing revisions by the Pro-War faction."

    * Other Character Reactions, And Possibly The Introduction Of A New (New-Old?) Character Shall Be Forthcoming *

    *Also of note is that the US AI did that completely independently. Talk about digging yourself a hole. *
    Land of the Samurai - Character WritAAR of the Week | Of Their Own Accord - United States of North America AAR
    I, Alexei - WritAAR of the Week | Flight of the Eagle - German MDS AAR
    Spotlight ; United We Stand - European Union AAR - Favourite Narrative AAR { AARland Awards 2011 - Round 2 }

    Inducted into the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert for I, Alexei : 31 - 1 - 2011
    TemplarComander's Cookie of Achievement

  5. #165
    Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Questing for the Black Shine...
    Posts
    17,983
    Blog Entries
    20
    Dunno why, but when I hear Zapatero proposing something, I tend to feel the urge to shout "run away!".
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

    AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Confesiones clandestinas: Ebola [Actualizado 16/10/2014]

  6. #166
    Captain Sethanon's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    382
    Silly spaniards! But atleast the warmachine is starting up slowly. Expanding the union is the only way to resist Russia and the US. Don't let them scare us with the Great War, things are different this time. This time we stand united!

  7. #167
    Me demands WOAH! Or at-least a minor nuclear holocaust, pretty please

  8. #168
    Kurt's Best AAR Reader Viden's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Barcelona, IB, Europa
    Posts
    8,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_Steiner View Post
    Dunno why, but when I hear Zapatero proposing something, I tend to feel the urge to shout "run away!".
    It's Zapatero. Nothing good can be expected from him. If he meddle in the Balkans, Serbia will unify the region without headaches.
    Province: 559
    Nationality: 75% Spanish, 25% Colombian
    Religion: Catholic
    Ideology: Socialist
    Current Work: None
    Issues: Full Citizenship/Good Healthcare
    Militancy/Consciousness: 12/15
    Awarded Fan of the Week: 7. October 2011

  9. #169
    You can call me your pro-war man

    Take a look at the World, as we speak alliances are drawn and old friendships change; for instance, the Americans are now working in collusion with the Russians, which 25 years ago seemed almost impossible. India, the last great power unaligned, now seems to be drifting towards the American camp. In this context we cannot afford the cost of loosing a friend and ally, no matter of its apparent unimportance, as the sovereign state of Montenegro, currently under foreign occupation.
    We have to be true friend of our friends and a true enemy of our foes, Montenegro our friend and Serbia our circumstantial foe. What is the message we ought to send to Serbia, and through them to the rest to the world?; it's actually very simple: You have a trade dispute?, It can be discussed; you have a border skirmish?, It can be mediated; you invade one of our friends? It will not be tolerated! We'll isolate you, we'll cut your trade, and if necessary, we'll bomb you back to stone age.
    Gentlemen, inaction is not an option.

  10. #170
    Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Questing for the Black Shine...
    Posts
    17,983
    Blog Entries
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Viden View Post
    It's Zapatero. Nothing good can be expected from him. If he meddle in the Balkans, Serbia will unify the region without headaches.
    No, Serbia will conquer Paris.
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

    AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Confesiones clandestinas: Ebola [Actualizado 16/10/2014]

  11. #171
    The Avatar of Time 4th Dimension's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United Serb Tribes, Holy Slavic Empire
    Posts
    2,221
    HAH. We free Serb people LAUGH at your pityable posturing and attempts of imposing embargo. Let's see how you fare when our friends from the nation of Free, and Mother Russia sail into our waters.
    In my cookie jar
    Krofta Kookie! | PanzAARcookie! | Uniting Russia's Russian double-chip Peter Wrangel's chocolate cookie• | Got 10 in Timelines

    To place foot upon tyrany's neck,
    to lead tyrants to knowledge of the right,
    this is the most sacred of man's duties!
    Bishop Danilo - The Mountain Wreath

  12. #172
    This is awesome! SUB!
    God GM in A Clash of Kings: A Song of Ice and Fire.

    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...f-Ice-and-Fire.

  13. #173
    Seems like the US just made my job easier....

    *Continues on with the job TemplarComander had given her.*

  14. #174
    nuke serbia

    We need a war and we need it to be nuclear!
    The people of europe demand a glowing wasteland Serbia!
    Cant u edit the savegame to give yourself like 4-5 nukes. Maybe create an event like "People want the war over fast"

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_Steiner View Post
    Dunno why, but when I hear Zapatero proposing something, I tend to feel the urge to shout "run away!".
    Explain this fear to me ... from what I've looked up on him it seems like he's alright ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sethanon View Post
    Silly spaniards! But atleast the warmachine is starting up slowly. Expanding the union is the only way to resist Russia and the US. Don't let them scare us with the Great War, things are different this time. This time we stand united!
    Indeed we do. That said though, would Russia be ready for a Third World War? More importantly, would Europe be ready for a Third World War?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ton de Vid View Post
    Me demands WOAH! Or at-least a minor nuclear holocaust, pretty please
    My first MDS AAR practically began with a nuclear holocaust ... It brings back memories.

    Quote Originally Posted by Viden View Post
    It's Zapatero. Nothing good can be expected from him. If he meddles in the Balkans, Serbia will unify the region without headaches.
    You seem very confident in his incompetence. How come?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Santiago View Post
    You can call me your pro-war man

    Take a look at the World, as we speak alliances are drawn and old friendships change; for instance, the Americans are now working in collusion with the Russians, which 25 years ago seemed almost impossible. India, the last great power unaligned, now seems to be drifting towards the American camp. In this context we cannot afford the cost of loosing a friend and ally, no matter of its apparent unimportance, as the sovereign state of Montenegro, currently under foreign occupation.
    We have to be true friend of our friends and a true enemy of our foes, Montenegro our friend and Serbia our circumstantial foe. What is the message we ought to send to Serbia, and through them to the rest to the world?; it's actually very simple: You have a trade dispute?, It can be discussed; you have a border skirmish?, It can be mediated; you invade one of our friends? It will not be tolerated! We'll isolate you, we'll cut your trade, and if necessary, we'll bomb you back to stone age.
    Gentlemen, inaction is not an option.
    So then, you are endorsing the embargo and the naval blockade.
    What about a no fly-zone? And if, perchance, there was a military intervention, should it be limited to freeing Montenegro like Operation Desert Storm or should it bring down Serbia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_Steiner View Post
    No, Serbia will conquer Paris.
    The boldest statement I have yet heard. Will someone explain his incompetence to me?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
    HAH. We free Serb people LAUGH at your pityable posturing and attempts of imposing embargo. Let's see how you fare when our friends from the nation of Free, and Mother Russia sail into our waters.
    Die Traitor! :P

    Quote Originally Posted by hygge0302 View Post
    This is awesome! SUB!
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
    Seems like the US just made my job easier....

    *Continues on with the job TemplarComander had given her.*
    I look forward to hearing about the progress of your task

    Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    nuke serbia

    We need a war and we need it to be nuclear!
    The people of europe demand a glowing wasteland Serbia!
    Cant u edit the savegame to give yourself like 4-5 nukes. Maybe create an event like "People want the war over fast"
    That is one of the two most Pro-War radical arguments I have seen in this thread, or any of my AARs. Here's looking at you kid.
    Land of the Samurai - Character WritAAR of the Week | Of Their Own Accord - United States of North America AAR
    I, Alexei - WritAAR of the Week | Flight of the Eagle - German MDS AAR
    Spotlight ; United We Stand - European Union AAR - Favourite Narrative AAR { AARland Awards 2011 - Round 2 }

    Inducted into the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert for I, Alexei : 31 - 1 - 2011
    TemplarComander's Cookie of Achievement

  16. #176
    im so flatterd

    cant wait to see the update

  17. #177
    Kurt's Best AAR Reader Viden's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Barcelona, IB, Europa
    Posts
    8,302
    Quote Originally Posted by TemplarComander View Post
    Explain this fear to me ... from what I've looked up on him it seems like he's alright ...

    You seem very confident in his incompetence. How come?

    The boldest statement I have yet heard. Will someone explain his incompetence to me?
    We suffered him during the last seven years.

    In the economic affairs, when the world said "Damn! We have a new economic crisis!" he said "Crisis? Don't make me laugh". After winning the elections of 2008 his message was "well, perhaps we have a little setback after all...". Months later, in 2009, he stated that there were "green shoots" in the economy and that by 2010 Spanish economy would be recovered. In 2010, he said that in 2011 the economy would be recovered, etc. Moreover, until 2010 he never used the word "crisis", only "recession". Under him, Spain has the greatest % of unemployment in the whole democracy and before and a new era of Spanish emigrants started.

    Socially, he betrayed his voters enacting "laws of austerity" he promised to "never" enact and raising taxes (The whole of his 2008 electoral campaign can be summarized in "There's no crisis and who says other thing is a liar" and "We will never enact any law that decrease the public social services").

    Internationally, Zapatero's government is a weak one who allowed Morocco to provoke us without consequences and gave in the demands of pirates and terrorists.

    Zapatero is a clown. With he at the head of the EU, there's no military intervention anywhere and he will believe any lie told by anyone. He is the Chamberlain of the XXI century.

    EDIT: I thought won't find this old picture:

    Last edited by Viden; 08-07-2011 at 01:09.
    Province: 559
    Nationality: 75% Spanish, 25% Colombian
    Religion: Catholic
    Ideology: Socialist
    Current Work: None
    Issues: Full Citizenship/Good Healthcare
    Militancy/Consciousness: 12/15
    Awarded Fan of the Week: 7. October 2011

  18. #178
    Captain Sethanon's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    382
    I do have to wonder why that spaniard is leading the EU when he cant even lead his own country! We should put a Dutch guy in charge!

  19. #179
    Basileus Romaion Nikolai's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Bergen, Hordaland, Norway
    Posts
    10,031
    Blog Entries
    1
    This is some great stuff.
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

    For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

    My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    im so flatterd

    cant wait to see the update
    It might appeal more to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Viden View Post
    We suffered him during the last seven years.

    In the economic affairs, when the world said "Damn! We have a new economic crisis!" he said "Crisis? Don't make me laugh". After winning the elections of 2008 his message was "well, perhaps we have a little setback after all...". Months later, in 2009, he stated that there were "green shoots" in the economy and that by 2010 Spanish economy would be recovered. In 2010, he said that in 2011 the economy would be recovered, etc. Moreover, until 2010 he never used the word "crisis", only "recession". Under him, Spain has the greatest % of unemployment in the whole democracy and before and a new era of Spanish emigrants started.

    Socially, he betrayed his voters enacting "laws of austerity" he promised to "never" enact and raising taxes (The whole of his 2008 electoral campaign can be summarized in "There's no crisis and who says other thing is a liar" and "We will never enact any law that decrease the public social services").

    Internationally, Zapatero's government is a weak one who allowed Morocco to provoke us without consequences and gave in the demands of pirates and terrorists.

    Zapatero is a clown. With he at the head of the EU, there's no military intervention anywhere and he will believe any lie told by anyone. He is the Chamberlain of the XXI century.

    EDIT: I thought won't find this old picture:

    Well then ... at least the EU is going to have elections soon enough. Say '04?

    All that really blows the reason I picked him out of the water ... I went looking in the EU files for a guy who would be alright domestically but good internationally. According to his minister type, he should have been great ... I thought I'd grabbed a Churchill, but I'd only manhandled a Chamberlain ... Disappointment on a whole new scale.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sethanon View Post
    I do have to wonder why that spaniard is leading the EU when he cant even lead his own country! We should put a Dutch guy in charge!
    Dutch? Portugese? German? French? All is left to our next election!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
    This is some great stuff.
    Thanks!
    Land of the Samurai - Character WritAAR of the Week | Of Their Own Accord - United States of North America AAR
    I, Alexei - WritAAR of the Week | Flight of the Eagle - German MDS AAR
    Spotlight ; United We Stand - European Union AAR - Favourite Narrative AAR { AARland Awards 2011 - Round 2 }

    Inducted into the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert for I, Alexei : 31 - 1 - 2011
    TemplarComander's Cookie of Achievement

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts