• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Since Horst Kohler has demonstrated to be a strong leader and as I can read, a good analyzer of his rivals (That's what Zapatero is going to do) I was thinking in voting to him, but then I read Vasanta's program. So, my vote goes to the Duke of Lyons.

My vote goes to the European Progressive Party and Senator Clement Perrot.

By the way, for all that wish to know how the elections are going, here's the poll for now:
Horst Kohler - 1
Jose Zapatero - 1
Clement Perrot - 3
Vasanta de Lyons - 4

It's because "bienvenue" in the sentence isn't an adjective, but a noun : when you say "bienvenue" it's as if you were saying "je vous souhaite la bienvenue". Of course if the sentence was "Soyez les bienvenus" you'd have to adjust the adjective to the subject it's refering to.

Oh!!!!! That actually explains a lot. Now I feel like an idiot (or worse), since I was taught in a French school for ten years. I guess memory is a b****: sometimes you remember small details like if it were the cure for all problems, and sometimes you forget normal things as if they never existed.

Also, which Party does Vasanta de Lyons represent?

Last edited:
Vasanta 'Duke' de Lyons - European League for Action

'Being a Great Power comes with responsibilities, and it is Europe's obligation, and the world's expectation, that we will fulfill such responsibilities.'

I couldn't say it better myself. :D

PS: Templar, wouldn't this vote require the mod's OK? 'Cause I'd hate to see this closed when things are heating up....

Last edited:
So Perrot wants to increase ties with Britain meaning that he's the best choice for getting them into the union or as an ally?
But he wants to grant independence to kosovo,serbia and montenegro which would be less powerful then a unified country.

Vasanta de Lyons wants to befriend india and build up the industrial capacity?
He also wants to increase the union through diplomatic measures but no mention on which countries, and a unified Greater Serbian Federation (or whatever you are going to call it) under the unions watch.
they both want to improve the military more then Kohler and Zapatero?

that's about right?

de Lyons is my man!

And I still am in favour of direct annexation of Serbia into the EU! We dont want a puppet mini-EU! The drums of war are sounding. Hopefully they can speed up the pace a little!

Horst Kohler - 1
José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero - 1
Clement Perrot - 3
Vasanta de Lyons - 9

Hey guys,

I'm trying to code the election and for some reason the event won't give me the foreign minister I want (Wolfgang Gerhardt) or the elected President (Hard to imagine a reverse for Vasanta but I will announce the winner and make a post tomorrow if things go well.) I've been trying for a while and I can't get it to work.

It just reverts the President to Romano Prodi, I think his name is.

Here is the code I have written, and I can't find anything wrong with it.

Am I missing something or does someone want to try a new code?

As I said, it fires fine and part of it works but it doesn't give me a foreign minister or President that I tell it to.

event = {
id = 528622
random = no
country = U06

name = "Election"
desc = "The People have voted. Who is the new President?"

date = { day = 1 month = march year = 1004 }

action_a = {
name = "Vasanta de Lyons!"

command = { type = sleepminister which = 392063 }

command = { type = belligerence which = U06 value = 1 }

command = { type = domestic which = political_left value = -5 }
command = { type = domestic which = defense_lobby value = 1 }

command = { type = headofstate which = 528512 }
command = { type = headofgovernment which = 392313 }
command = { type = foreignminister which = 329170 }
command = { type = ministerofsecurity which = 392342 }
command = { type = ministerofintelligence which = 392008 }

command = { type = relation which = IND value = 25 }
command = { type = relation which = AUS value = 100 }
}
}

If anyone could help me out with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

There's the easy way out of it: pick an id that works and then overwrite the corresponding line in the ministers.csv, and overwrite the picture too.
You'll have to back those files up, though

EDIT: Also, are you sure that the minister's type (SC-SL et all) fit the sliders you have?

Last edited:
There's the easy way out of it: pick an id that works and then overwrite the corresponding line in the ministers.csv, and overwrite the picture too.

EDIT: Also, are you sure that the minister's type (SC-SL et all) fit the sliders you have?

If the EU is an overwritten country, he could simply add a new ID following the last one of the minister list.

If the EU is an overwritten country, he could simply add a new ID following the last one of the minister list.

Neither of these solutions work.

It may be that the game simply won't accept any ministers or leaders created for a save game because the game is already running and holds onto the original files.

Then modify the save game and cross thy fingers.