• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wao. Japan crashing? Then something is rotten, indeed.

I have never seen that flag for Greece before in my life. It looks strangely simple. And easy. Doesn't sound like something Greece would want. They tend to like a complex mess. Just look at their economy :D

Terrible, I know.

As for the Capital, well ... I'm sure there are plenty of people who agree with you. Even in this EU. But still, it's Paris! It's amazing!

You never played Victoria and HoI? That is the Greek flag between 1822-1969 and 1975-1978.

Paris sucks. Is the worst choice in the whole EU.

Well it's either that, Brussels or Strasbourg, either way you look at it, the EU Capital is in a French-speaking city.

Brussels isn't French.

Awesome!!!! Montenegro FTW!!!!!

Once you make Montenegro independent, make some sort of coup-d'état to Serbia during the peace talks. Serbia should be Euro friendly. After that, try to get as many countries in the Balkans/Eastern Europe to become your allies, and slowly integrate them into the European Union.

Also, why didn't Italy and Greece join the EU? Try to give them something in order to get them in the Union. And, to prevent problems with Greece, make Cyprus an island governed by one only country - Cyprus (Well duh!!! What else!?!)

I can also see that Japan became irrational; a really un-Japanese-ish atitude. I think that the only excuse for the following is that, due to Japan's shift of trade from the Triad and the OPEP to the Extreme East (aka Japan's umbilicus). Here you should really intervene, and somehow make Japan unite with South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, and maybe Hong Kong and Macau (if China actually allows it).

Also, if you are going to make us vote for the elections, then warn a moderator that you are going to do so. (I don't know if I'm being stupid by saying the obvious, but better safe then sorry).

Pour l'Union Européenne (French)
Für die Europäische Union (German)
Para la Unión Europea (Spanish)
Voor de Europese Unie (Dutch)
Pela União Europeia (Portuguese)

Once you make Montenegro independent, make some sort of coup-d'état to Serbia during the peace talks. Serbia should be Euro friendly. After that, try to get as many countries in the Balkans/Eastern Europe to become your allies, and slowly integrate them into the European Union.

I doubt most Europeans would want those pesky East Europeans coming to the west :rolleyes:

Well, if you've been reading, the Balkans are still at each other's throats, so it would take a lot of trouble fighting off the Russians/Americans while controlling the situation in East Europe. Probably something the people don't want.

Also, why didn't Italy and Greece join the EU? Try to give them something in order to get them in the Union. And, to prevent problems with Greece, make Cyprus an island governed by one only country - Cyprus (Well duh!!! What else!?!)

Italy didn't want to be dragged into the Summer War, and still probably wants to avoid doing anything with the EU. I think you're being too expansionist :p

I can also see that Japan became irrational; a really un-Japanese-ish atitude. I think that the only excuse for the following is that, due to Japan's shift of trade from the Triad and the OPEP to the Extreme East (aka Japan's umbilicus). Here you should really intervene, and somehow make Japan unite with South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, and maybe Hong Kong and Macau (if China actually allows it).

Okay, you're including East Asia now? Never mind the political problems of intervening in that region; just how are you going to avoid the PRC raising hell at Taiwan uniting with Japan of all places?

Very sad to hear about the collapse of the Japanese economy. Japan depends very heavily on imports of raw materials to fuel its very large industries. I am guessing they ran out of reserves of steel?

Also, I am very surprised that you are already intervening against Serbia, especially when Serbia has diplomatic support from both Russia and the USA. Is the EU's military ready for any worst case contingencies with regards to your coming operations in Serbia, namely possible Russian/US intervention? Would either of them dare to try intervening against the EU's Serbian campaign?

I doubt most Europeans would want those pesky East Europeans coming to the west :rolleyes:

Yes well, it's all the Russian's fault, so the European Union would be glad to prove itself better than Russia by mending her mistakes and growing at the same time. XD

Well, if you've been reading, the Balkans are still at each other's throats, so it would take a lot of trouble fighting off the Russians/Americans while controlling the situation in East Europe. Probably something the people don't want.

Italy didn't want to be dragged into the Summer War, and still probably wants to avoid doing anything with the EU. I think you're being too expansionist :p

I know I'm being too expansionist - if we want to keep up with Russia, USA, China, etc. then we need to be both expansionist and productive (even though too expansive might cause WWIII).

Okay, you're including East Asia now? Never mind the political problems of intervening in that region; just how are you going to avoid the PRC raising hell at Taiwan uniting with Japan of all places?

I know China is our ally, but she is Commie, so, in case there is some sort of problems, we have plan B.

for japan it may be that they dont have enough resources.

will we get a russian Dow on europe?

one leader mentioned has his days numberd will this be modled at the appropriate dates

Time will tell us the wisdom of such action in the face of such head strong international opposition, but we march forth to the rescue of these free people knowing that out of any nation with the capacity for action, that Europe is the only nation with the bravery, the commitment, and the willpower to actually do so. Today, I ask that your thoughts go with mine to the families of those who will be committed to our offensive operations to liberate Montenegro from Serbian tyranny, and though we may know him differently, may God be with Europe and her Armed Forces in this most just, and righteous task.

Hear! Hear! For Europe!

Besides from those shipments, the Russians/Americans won't do anything more, they're bluffing: one thing is giving Serbia green light for invading tiny Montenegro and a whole different one is risking war with Europe; they may be stronger than us, but we'll put up a fair fight and they'll suffer and they'll reallise that Serbia is just not worthy of defending it.

Unlike them, we don't force people into Union, we invite them into our community; this is about liberating Montenegro, not gaining a new province. One day the peoples of Eastern Europe will join us, once the Russian menace is gone, but, sadly, that day is not today, nor tomorrow. The same can be said about Italy and Greece.

Wao. Japan crashing? Then something is rotten, indeed.

It's terrible. And it took me completely by surprise. Normally disaster only strikes when I create events for it, but this was completely independent of me.

You never played Victoria and HoI? That is the Greek flag between 1822-1969 and 1975-1978.

Paris sucks. Is the worst choice in the whole EU.

Why is it the worst choice?
Do I hear suggestions for a replacement?

Well it's either that, Brussels or Strasbourg, either way you look at it, the EU Capital is in a French-speaking city.

Paris is nice. :p

Brussels isn't French.

French speaking, not French territory.

I know Brussels is in Belgium, but it's largely French-speaking.

...I have no further comments.

I'm not really sure where else this conversation can go except that Brussels is predominantly French speaking so the Capital of the EU would speak French either way ... Right?

Yes, it certainly is rotten. Perhaps.... conspiracy? ;)

Who knows :p

Also, if you are going to make us vote for the elections, then warn a moderator that you are going to do so. (I don't know if I'm being stupid by saying the obvious, but better safe then sorry).

Pour l'Union Européenne (French)
Für die Europäische Union (German)
Para la Unión Europea (Spanish)
Voor de Europese Unie (Dutch)
Pela União Europeia (Portuguese)

It would be much more controlled than an interactive AAR so I'm not sure I would need to notify a moderator. It would mostly just be like, I set up platforms, parties, candidates, and then you pick which one you want to win the election. Still though, better safe than sorry I guess.

As for Japan, I have something in the works (with some help from a great readAAR.)

Sumeragi's point on Italy is dead on. Italy is quite friendly with the EU, but any sort of political, economic or military union is on their list of things to avoid like the plague.

As for East Asia, Europe's hands are practically tied. We have few friends in the area and don't have any reason or purpose of overextending ourselves before we have truly established ourselves.

Very sad to hear about the collapse of the Japanese economy. Japan depends very heavily on imports of raw materials to fuel its very large industries. I am guessing they ran out of reserves of steel?

Also, I am very surprised that you are already intervening against Serbia, especially when Serbia has diplomatic support from both Russia and the USA. Is the EU's military ready for any worst case contingencies with regards to your coming operations in Serbia, namely possible Russian/US intervention? Would either of them dare to try intervening against the EU's Serbian campaign?

Worst case scenario is that we have a major war. The EU and Russia are lined with buffer states however, preventing any direct ground fighting unless Eastern European nations ally themselves with a side.

I also trust that with our large Armed Forces, we could seize Gibraltar and possibly work out a deal with Egypt to close the Suez canal to Coalition naval craft. That seals the Mediterranean as a safe base for us, and frees up naval and army units to secure the Atlantic areas.

We may not be able to advance across the Channel, or across the Atlantic, if a war comes, but Europe is more than ready to fight off any invasion.

Yes well, it's all the Russian's fault, so the European Union would be glad to prove itself better than Russia by mending her mistakes and growing at the same time. XD

I know I'm being too expansionist - if we want to keep up with Russia, USA, China, etc. then we need to be both expansionist and productive (even though too expansive might cause WWIII).

I know China is our ally, but she is Commie, so, in case there is some sort of problems, we have plan B.

Being expansionist and productive is a difficult balance. So far, much of my IC is going to develop Spain and industry across the EU. Meanwhile, events I coded into the game are yearly increasing Russian, Chinese and Indian IC's by between 20 and 40 IC up until 2007. I may eventually write in some industrial boosts for the USA, UK, Japan, Iran, Crescent, Brazil, Argentina but anything for the EU will be done by me.

As for China, relations have actually fallen quite far due to some cancelled trade agreements and we have no official guarantees of independence or an alliance. Relations stand at -9 while our relationship with Russia is rising unbelievably. In about a month or so, after recovering from a -50 deduction coded for my intervening in Serbia, relations will probably be around +48 which is insane. Relations with India, in game, are also fast on the rise, though I have yet to explain this in the AAR. The alliances are shifting farther from anything even I had plotted.

It's "Por", not "Para". ;)

Well, I suppose Montenegro will become part of the Union, right?

We went into Serbia to free Montenegro.

Free them from the burden of self governance.

for japan it may be that they dont have enough resources.

will we get a russian Dow on europe?

one leader mentioned has his days numberd will this be modled at the appropriate dates

We'll see about Russia. Don't get your hopes up though.

Which leader?

Hear! Hear! For Europe!

Besides from those shipments, the Russians/Americans won't do anything more, they're bluffing: one thing is giving Serbia green light for invading tiny Montenegro and a whole different one is risking war with Europe; they may be stronger than us, but we'll put up a fair fight and they'll suffer and they'll reallise that Serbia is just not worthy of defending it.

Unlike them, we don't force people into Union, we invite them into our community; this is about liberating Montenegro, not gaining a new province. One day the peoples of Eastern Europe will join us, once the Russian menace is gone, but, sadly, that day is not today, nor tomorrow. The same can be said about Italy and Greece.

Agreed, Senator. Agreed.

EDIT : Updates might be slow for the next little while. I'm working all day tomorrow and Thursday I'm spending a lot of time with my girlfriend before she goes to Cancun for awhile. If I can get an update out, I will, but no promises.

Also, Happy (Real Life) Montenegrin Statehood Day. You have to love irony.

For better or worse we are now commited in Serbia.

What did the senate pass excactly? Is this a mission to expel foreign forces from Montenegro or is it an actual war with serbia?