• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why not just use ctrl + print screen? Thats what I always use, and there is no reason IIRC why it should not work. I think its slower cause each time you have to window out of the game and paste into MS paint where you save it, but it works just fine for me, and my AAR's are almost nothing but screenshots.

Nouvelles d'Union Fédérales
Broadcasting from Paris, District of France, European Union

fb95c00870139bb4_Picture_3.png

"Bonjour et Bienvenue. We greet you this morning, at 9:00 on March 17 2004 with news from the European Union and around the world."

"Our top stories today, Russia announces that they will continue the sale of weaponry and advanced ordnance to nations and organizations around the world, after European Senator Clement Perrot accused Russia of furthering violence across the world through arms trade and smuggling. In Asia today, it looks to be the dawn of a new era as Japan, South Korea and the Philippine government sign a comprehensive economic and security agreement in the face of growing Chinese power. And here in Europe, tensions grow with Morocco over the devastating Terrorist bombing of Atocha Station a week ago."

20090521-2_arms.jpg

"Fresh off of his recent re-election in the Russian Presidential Elections, Russian President Vladimir Putin has reaffirmed his campaign stance of providing further assistance to Russia's strategic and regional allies across the globe. Both the United States and the European Union had authoured a recent Bill put forth before the United Nations to limit international weapons sales. After a veto by China and Russia, the Bill collapsed to outrage amongst victims of the recent Second Congolese War, and to outrage from the European Senate which accused Russia of funding and supplying the Serbian Rogue State before a European Intervention Force dissolved the government and liberated the occupied territories of Montenegro and Kosovo."

afghan_mi17_helicopters.jpg

"Many of the weapons currently being seized by European forces have been positively identified as Russian exports, including missile systems, small arms, armoured vehicles and helicopters used by the Serbian Special Forces. Senator Clement Perrot lead the charge of vilifying the Russian state and it's weapons sales before Chancellor Schroder countered that it was within the right of every state, including our Union, to sell goods, materials, and weapons to any party it wishes. His statement was met with uproars of support from the SDP, while being widely condemned by the ELA and the EPP. Many commentators speculate that this shows clear signs of discord and deadlock within the ruling government."

"In Asia however, the leaders of Japan, South Korea and the Philippines announced a comprehensive new Security and Economic Agreement dubbed the East Asian Community to further mutual cooperation and to further the cooperation of states seeking economic growth in the Far East. Other stipulations of the agreement mirror some security arrangements from the early days of the European Union, whereby all parties agreed to military co-operation and inter-service operations to fully facilitate a lasting and worthwhile security effort."

south-korea-army.jpg

"Meanwhile, members of the Association of South East Asian Nations have already been contacted and agreed to an observer status within the organization. China has stated that it will not seek membership in the organization, while in a stunning move, North Korea has applied for a limited membership to increase economic cooperation."

"As a part of the Security agreement within the East Asian Community, members have guaranteed their mutual independence and promised aid to one another in any event of conflict with another nation. They have also, in an effort that some are calling a provocation, and others claim is little more than the organization asserting its regional authority, revoked the right of the United States government to station military forces in each members sovereign territory. Japan has also put forth a motion with the United States Congress to regain control of the Island of Okinawa, where the United States has enjoyed de facto control since the end of World War II."

integratebegin.jpg

"Meanwhile in Europe, the nation was left in a fury after a United Nations meeting today. Having gathered their evidence in a lightning case, filled with information collected and analyzed by the most able and knowledgeable lawyers, diplomats and statesmen from cross the European Union presented their findings to a special UN assembly. During the meeting, EU representatives were joined by the Special Envoy from the United States to announce that both parties had confirmed through a joint investigation that the Kingdom of Morocco held responsibility for the terrorist attack on Atocha Station that shook the country a week ago today."

93291-004-C2B607C8.jpg

"Through information gathered by undisclosed means, it was confirmed by the United States envoy that the Kingdom of Morocco had misappropriated aid and humanitarian funds from the US State department and a variety of charitable organizations to provide funding for the Islamic Combat Group, a terrorist organization that is reported to have training camps in Morocco, Libya and Syria. The European delegates confirmed the evidence presented by their American counterpart and added further damning evidence."

"The King of Morocco had granted safe haven and safe passage to one Khaled Al-Assad, a man who is reported to have joined the ICG and other organizations over the span of 20 years. His current membership to various organizations is unspecified, but he is believed to have connections to over 20 terror groups around the world. Revered by his followers, Khaled has become known in Western Intelligence circles as a dangerous, intelligent and charismatic individual."

"As the report continued however, a stream of delegates and diplomats left the building. The first to leave, at the accusation of harboring the ICG were both the Libyan and Syrian delegates to the United Nations. At the accusation of having provided funds to some of the charitable organizations that had sent funds to the ICG, the Russian delegation left the building. Soon after, as similar allegations arose against the Republic of the Crescent, the Republican delegate left the United Nations building. The Moroccan envoy, having listened to the whole of the report took the stand to answer the charges."

"In his moment at the stand, the Moroccan delegation had few words for the world."

Nasser-1-300x200.jpg

"These heinous allegations against his Majesty and his Kingdom are nothing short of lies and fabricated poisons. His Majesty's government will not hear of them again. Damned be the nation which raises words of war in a house of peace, and damned be the man who would utter them in his presence."

"The Armed Services Bureau today confirmed that an Invasion of Morocco was imminent, but did not confirm the time of the Operation. The number of troops involved was also open to speculation, with much of the mobile capacity of the army being used in the Balkan Territories, however, forces involved were promised to be significant. President Vasanta himself commented;"

President Vasanta de Lyons said:
ben-kingsley-dave-1.jpg

"Morocco thirsts for blood, and they will not survive the torrents of war."

"Also announced, was an increase in the defence budget to better fund and prepare the European Armed Services for any and all future conflicts."

"My name is Reynold de Burgundy, and that's Federal Union News, Europe's most reliable news source."

It seems that Europe is once again on the march, against yet another rogue state backed by Russia. Fortunately, the americans no longer are on good terms with them.., perhaps a more natural alliance between the USA and Europe is on the making? Also, the Chancellor has his days in office numbered, if he keeps beeing so pro-Russia

Exact Terms of the Treaty of Seoul – Founding of the East Asian Community

japan-flag.gif

Flag-Pins-Philippines-South-Korea.jpg

Terms Agreed By the Nation of Japan, the Republic of Korea and the Republic of the Philippines ;

Economic Policy

1 – All parties agree upon the basis and need for the adoption of a common currency, which shall be designated the Easo. The value of said currency will begin at a confirmed upon average between the respective currencies, industry and GDP by external economic organizations, internal review panels, and the United Nations to encourage further economic growth in member states and economic cooperation with non-members.

2 – All parties agree to lift tariffs and establish comprehensive free trade agreements with other members of the East Asian Community.

3 – All members agree to establish a common minimum wage relative to the final determined value of the Easo (Eh-so) to prohibit the exploitation of any citizen through unfair labour practices and the establishment of a 45 hour work week.

Foreign and Military Policy

4 – All parties agree upon the basis and need for the adoption of a common defence policy based on emulating strategic relationships with partners around the globe. Chief among these recognized partners stand both the European Union and the United States of America.

5 – All parties agree to confirm the neutrality of the East Asian Community in international disputes and so revoke the status of foreign forces to be stationed on Community territory.

6 – All parties agree to the expansion and modernization of their Armed Forces which will be undertaken with the aid of other members.

Domestic Policy

7 – All parties agree that all current and any future entities within the organization stand as equals in all matters.

8 – All parties agree on their commitment to Democracy, and to uphold a high standard of Human Rights.

Terms Agreed By the Nation of Japan and the Republic of Korea ;

Economic Policy

9 – Both parties agree that it is in both of their interests to expand industrial cooperation and to increase the industrial integrity and cooperation already in place with the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.

Foreign and Military Policy

10 – Both parties agree upon the basic premise of forming a unified High Command to control their respective forces consisting of a Supreme Commander and High Commander of alternating Nationality serving over five year terms.

Domestic Policy

11 – Both parties agree that it is within their respective interest to maintain a free exchange of materials, goods, and civilians across international

Immediate Signatories of the East Asian Community holding Full Member Status;
Prime Minister of Japan, Ichiro Ozawa - March 11 2004
President of South Korea, Park Geun-hye - March 11 2004
President of the Philippines, Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo - March 11 2004

_________________________________________________​

I was planning on including more in this update but that will have to wait for another time. I'm not able to write a long, good and worthwhile update at the moment. Maybe tomorrow.

In the meantime, I hope that the above Treaty helps to explain the East Asian Community a bit more fully than I had managed to in the last post.

bombingrabat.jpg

European Air Forces bombing Rabat and Casablanca began on March 21 at 0100.

Beginning on March 21, Moroccan forces had been subject to a major bombardment by the European Air Force. Eurofighter Typhoons and older Dassault Mirage fighters screamed over Moroccan cities to deliver the vengeance of one of the worlds greatest superpowers. While the exact forces deployed were hidden from the press, and a media blackout was put in place over the Operation, we now know that a total of 87 combat vessels, ranging from submarines to the FS Charles de Gaulle and the SPS Principe de Asturias, were deployed for the operation and 37 Air Wings, bringing the vast majority of the European Southern Air Command to bear on the outclassed and outgunned Moroccan forces.

Thus with 87 naval vessels, 12 flotillas of transport craft and 296 aircraft, European forces had devoted as much of their forces away from Balkan occupation duties as they could afford. Nonetheless, 80 000 soldiers were gathered around Naval Bases in Toulon, and across the Straits of Gibraltar to bring the Union crashing down on the small Kingdom. It was to be the largest deployment of forces and manpower since the Summer War. As history showed however, the fighting would be over long before many of them had reached the front, and one unit in particular, and their commander, would overshadow them all.

- Brief History of the Modern World

Operation Pasture Orange
2nd Air Assault Brigade
0500 Paris Time
March 25 2004

He could hear the fighter jets scream overhead, the anti-aircraft fire ringing out and the bombs crashing into the houses and offices across the city. He could see the missiles fired from the sea crashing into the streets and shops, blanketing the city a black smoke, covered with raging fires. He could feel the sky tremble with thunder at the fear of the Europeans, while it pelted the Moroccans bellow with a blanket of rain. He could smell the fires and the mangled corpses from the helicopter. He could taste the ash and the death in the air.

It was not enough.

Colonel Adam Templer seethed with fury as he looked out from the Eurocopter Cougar at the city of Casablanca. He could see it from the windows ahead of the pilots. They fiddled with their instruments and played with their controls while he glared at the city, at the country that had let a maniac bring war to his home, and to his family.

He looked down at his arm, running his gloved hand along the bare scars and cuts still not healed from the attack on Atocha Station earlier in the month. Normal protocol called for his sleeves to be down. They also called for him to lead his forces from inside a ring of squads stretched out over a distance. He would follow neither in this invasion.

His sleeves were rolled up past his elbows in the new desert camouflage dress, the old system of similarly colored rags for all environments having been discarded after criticism in the field, and in training circles. The new material was lighter and had a colour variation for the different environments the forces were expected to serve in. They still managed to ventilate and insulate as good as the old ones however, which is to say, barely. Not that it really mattered in Morocco today, or that he cared.

He looked at the scars again.

Rachel lying there blood pooling around her head is she injured what's going on what's happened what do I do get a grip get her out she has to be safe save the baby what if somethings happened to the baby keep your heads down get out wreckage fire smoke burning glass everywhere no where safe keep moving get to safety keep moving get out of the wreckage keep moving

He raised his eyed, glaring at the burning city before him.

Fire smoke burning glass everywhere no where safe what happened who did this Serbians Russians ETA Islamists Americans what happened who did this where do we go is the baby alright is Rachel alright am I alright who did this no focus keep moving get out must escape keep your heads down

libya%2Bm_0.jpg

Casablanca had seen better days.

An explosion tore through an office building on the far side of the city sending debris and glass scattering across the streets below in a hail of death. Dust and smoke plumed out of the building and erupted in a sudden burst as it fell to one side, crashing into an apartment block that erupted in a ball of smoke. A groan that rang out even here, before they had even hit the beaches and were hovering out over the water burst forth as the buildings sunk low behind the veil of death.

Glass scattered pick up Rachel keep moving bloody knees arm is in pain blood running down my arm and dripping from my elbow is Rachel okay what about the baby the doors open it shattered there's glass in my arm keep going don't stop to think out the door into the hallway dead stewardess glass in her face keep going don't stop get Rachel out get Rachel out get Rachel out

A tear ran down his face as he grimaced in the memories.

Get out keep going what if there's more what happens now there's an exit out through a window steel frame torn apart get on the ground should be easy Rachel crying hugging tightly ignore window need door step over stewardess cover Rachel's eyes don't let her see she shouldn't see she must not see keep going get out get out get out

"One minute. Prepare for drop off." came the pilots voice, blaring and filtered through static throughout the helicopter. The sudden interruption to his thoughts jolted him from the memories. The city in front of him was still burning. He would not let it stand.

"Confirm pilot?" he called out, moving close to beside the pilot with a lump growing in his throat.

"One minute, Sir." the pilot yelled back, staying off the intercom. He glanced at him slightly and gave him a funny look before turning back to the city.

Adam turned from him to face his men and then touched his face as his eyes began to sting. He pulled off his glasses and brushed his hand across his forehead, cursing as beads of sweat streamed into his eyes and as silent tears ran down his cheeks. When had he started to sweat like this? When had he started to cry like this?

He put his glasses back on his head and cocked his gun, switching the safety off. He gave a quick look around the helicopter and he could see their thoughts on their faces. They were as clear as day.

"Men," he shouted, his eyes scanning the squad as hatred and rage boiled his blood. "Kill them all."

invadingrabat.jpg

Time to bring Morocco into the EU! I'd say for you to occupy it until you can make a united Maghreb, but unfortunately that's what Gaddafi would want.

Ermmm, was a good idea to send Col. Templer back to the front so soon? I mean, a little rage is good, too much is bad, 'cause I don't wanna start hearing stories about brutalities carried by European troops. They are supposed to be the good guys in this!

How many VPs in Morocco? Just Casablanca?

They have three.

Casablanca, one in the interior - possibly Marrakech - and another one in the south.

Time to bring Morocco into the EU! I'd say for you to occupy it until you can make a united Maghreb, but unfortunately that's what Gaddafi would want.

It's an idea that I'll take under consideration. Libya isn't sleeping you know.

Ermmm, was a good idea to send Col. Templer back to the front so soon? I mean, a little rage is good, too much is bad, 'cause I don't wanna start hearing stories about brutalities carried by European troops. They are supposed to be the good guys in this!

You'll hear about how he got to the front in a little bit. As for the Europeans being good or bad guys, there's nothing wrong with being a dark hero ;) Kind of like Batman.

Announcement
So I thought I would post an announcement here that there is going to be a major slow down in updates. My schedule has been entirely reworked so all of my free time is basically gone. I will still do my best to update, but when I do manage to, it will either be one Tuesday nights once a week, or every other weekend.

Between two jobs, exercising for the Royal Military College, and working on one of the two long and over neglected books I'm writing in my spare time, the time for this AAR is getting cut short.

Also, I have passed over my expected mark of August for completion. How I thought I would finish it by now, I have no idea.

Have a good one!