• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That said, realized that Paris is the capital of this EU. That so reminds me of the European Federation of Tom Clancy's Endwar :rofl:

Apart from Tom Clancy, Victor Hugo also predicted Paris as capital of united Europe. ;)

Please, don't tell me that you are going to pick these periods as elections! It should be like in France (until quite recently, where President Jacques Chirac changed everything) where presidential elections are made every 7 years and legislative elections are made every 5 years. It should at least be a bit irregular because having the Chancellor and the President from the same party - even if it is for half a term for the President - is kind of anti-democratic, where opposing parties have to cohabilitate.

If it is the will of the people to have the president and chancellor from the same party, so be it!

Why is almost every important European character, either Spanish or German?I want to see more French, Belgium, Dutch, Portuguese and Luxembourgian people here!!!!

TC will get to those in the future, I believe.

And lastly, why is the capital of the European Union in Brussels or Strasbourg or Luxemburg? Once again, it is unrealistic.

The European Communities were established in Brussels in 1967.
The Council of Europe had been at done at Strasbourg in 1957.
Court of Justice of the EU? It was in the form of the Court of Justice of the European Coal and Steel Communities, Luxembourg, in 1952.

Given that the EU needs traditions, it would most likely keep the basic institutions in place at their original location, hence why the political centers would be split into the three cities.

That said, realized that Paris is the capital of this EU. That so reminds me of the European Federation of Tom Clancy's Endwar :rofl:

As for the first point, I thought it was democratic but I'm open to suggestions.

As for the second, they will be coming soon.

As for the third, due to extensive air bombing of government facilities and air battles above Europe in the Summer War (and my need for an explanation as to why some things have been shifted around) - the main centers of power in the EU are Paris, being the Capital.

This was largely because I didn't feel that Brussels had the splendor necessary to be the Capital of a nation that covers more land than most of the previous European Empires and because, having visited Paris, it is a lovely city and I wanted to give it a special place. The European Senate also convenes in Paris for the purposes of centralization. There are however District level Senates, which meet in Madrid (Iberian District), Paris (French District), Brussels (Benelux District) and Berlin (German District).

and Brussels, with the Brussels High Court (basically the European Supreme Court) holding judicial power. This was done partly to keep Brussels somewhat important, given the connection to the old EU.

And to the fourth, I was a fan of End War as well. Used to play it a lot but then a load of people stopped playing and it got repetitive with the limited number of maps ... still good fun though. I had considered changing the name of the EU to the European Federation because it sounds a bit more official, but I think the EU is catching on. I may still change it with the coming election in '04 though. It would just be a slight technicality.

An idea for elections could be 4 for senate and 4 for president. So 2004 would be Senate elections, 2006 Presidential Elections, 2008 Senate Elections, 2010 Presidential Elections and so on.

Not that Templar has had any experience with EndWar :p

That sounds like a good plan. I think I'll go with 4 and 4.

End War? What's that? ;)

Apart from Tom Clancy, Victor Hugo also predicted Paris as capital of united Europe. ;)

Well in this universe, he was right. :D

But then it was a certain someone who first thought of that idea. To quote him: "I wished to found a European system, a European Code of Laws, a European judiciary: there would be but one people in Europe."

No other than Napoléon Bonaparte.

We need to have Charles Marie Jérôme Victor Napoléon Bonaparte do something in this RP!

Regarding the election periods, I'd go with 5 years for President and 4 for the Senate. I suppose that, story wise speaking, short terms are better, as we know that the coming years will be very eventfull... As the President is more focused on foreign policy (which is more long term than domestic policy) and as it is the HoS, the term is longer and only once in a decade the election is simultaneous with the Parlaiment's; so as to keep issues separated. If things are bad, the Senate and the Chancellor changes, but the President reamins giving an impression of stability.

On Serbia, I'd keep a couple of airborne brigades on stand-by, you never know when they can be handy. In the meantime, let's hope that the blocade + embargo + no fly zone brings some sense to them and they see the ill in their ways; if not, we'll have to teach them.

EDIT: Damn! I type slow, while doing this 4 posts popped up!
EDIT 2: On the Senate, every 2 years half of Chamber is renewed.

Last edited:
An idea for elections could be 4 for senate and 4 for president. So 2004 would be Senate elections, 2006 Presidential Elections, 2008 Senate Elections, 2010 Presidential Elections and so on.

i approve this proposal! :D
but this way you'll have more political events XD

regards
guy montag

p.s.
maybe this one for the scandinavian states?
testqlo.png

just a suggestion :D

Last edited:
Not really. It's like the square that has the cross in the Greek flag except a different shade of blue and stretched :p

I was thinking in this flag:

800px-Flag_of_Greece_(1828-1978).svg.png

WHAT!? That must be fixed NOW! Any other location be better! Berlin! Brussels! Amsterdam! Luxembourg! Ypres! Anyone but Paris!

[Angry Spaniard inside] :p

But then it was a certain someone who first thought of that idea. To quote him: "I wished to found a European system, a European Code of Laws, a European judiciary: there would be but one people in Europe."

We need to have Charles Marie Jérôme Victor Napoléon Bonaparte do something in this RP!

Maybe TemplarComander didn't use Eagle of Bonaparte for symbol of European federal air force without a purpose. ;)

FRANKFURT FOR CAPITAL!

Not only is it located almost between germany and france, it's also historically partly "capital" for the union together with bryssels and strassburg and a huge economical centre.

it was the early centre for the franks, the ancestors of both france and germany, but also capital for the east frankish empire and the holy german empire.

It should be capital, or brussels should.

But both brussels and paris are already capitals for former countries.

Last edited:
#2 - I was basing my 2 and 4 years off of the American democratic system. Whether some readers will call this a betrayal ( :p ) or see it as reasonable I'm not sure. I can easily change it as the election's haven't been called yet. As for the election periods, what are other peoples opinions ? 5 and 7? 2 and 4? 5 for both unless the government falls?

I would say either the 5 and 7 years or some weird combination. There shouldn't be constant coincidences between the mandate years.

#4 - As for who will vote, I'm trying to decide. While I value the readers opinions and requests, this isn't an interactive AAR. That said, it may wind up with the readers voting on a party. All of these parties will ultimately be under my control, and Presidential candidates most likely won't be chosen from characters based on readers. Whether that is the same for the Chancellor, and if the readers will vote for the next government, is being decided.

It should be cool if you made us the voters. Or make the game like Victoria 2/HoI 3.

#5 - There are more nationalities coming soon. Expect the Dutch and French to show up soon.

Can't wait foe that. If you need help with any nationalities (especially the Portuguese one) please tell me. I might be of assistance to you.

And lastly, why is the capital of the European Union in Brussels or Strasbourg or Luxemburg? Once again, it is unrealistic.

I'm sorry!!!! What I meant is "Why is the European capital Paris and not Brussels Strasbourg or Luxembourg?"

Damn! I missed a lot of post before writing mine.:eek::wacko:

This was largely because I didn't feel that Brussels had the splendor necessary to be the Capital of a nation that covers more land than most of the previous European Empires and because, having visited Paris, it is a lovely city and I wanted to give it a special place. The European Senate also convenes in Paris for the purposes of centralization. There are however District level Senates, which meet in Madrid (Iberian District), Paris (French District), Brussels (Benelux District) and Berlin (German District).

True! Paris is an awesome city. WAIT! WAIT! WAIT! Paris isn't an awesome city! PARIS IS THE BEST CITY EVER!!!!!!!!! I LOVE PARIS!!!!!! I LOVE FRANCE!!!!!! (except the fact of it being led by liar Sarkozy, and the fact that they almost always keep winning my country's football team, when they are cheating (them, the referee or both)). Even though I think Luxembourg would be a great capital, you have convinced me!

It seems you're not the only one who likes the fact of Paris being Europe's capital!

Can't wait for more!

Operation Blue Horn
War Game in the Brest Area of the District of France
11:02 Paris Time
October 21 2003

Lieutenant General Hans Jaeger looked out from his vantage post, high in the hills near Brest. The white rock cliffs trailing out from beneath him looked almost out of place from the dark green forests sprawling out as far as the eye could see. Off in the distance, he could just barely make out the Atlantic, peering in the distance to catch a glimpse of the ongoing exercise. The sudden flight of a flock of the various birds in the area caught his attention briefly, as he glanced down at his watch. The shimmering orange face glared back at him from the glass veil between them. The hands trailed round the edges, lined with numbers. "11:02." he said aloud for his staff to here.

"Vasquez, warn Tiger-1 and Tiger-2 that they are late." he said. The soft crunch of gravel beneath the Colonel's boots was one of the few sounds up on the hill in the command post. Jaeger turned to see the man. His grey and dark turquoise patterned cap was slightly darker around the edges of his head, even with the light and shadow patterns shining down on it from the spotted fleck tarn over head. The pattern, a regular and unpeculiar forest green showered with leaves and moss clumps hung overhead, draped over cables and poles stretching from one tree to another, covering the whole of the rather small clearing.

The speckled pattern on his face still did little to hide the big, thin rimmed glasses, with a lens covering each brown eye and then stretching out, like it wanted to cover as much of his face as it could. Nor did it hide his moustache better than his lightly coloured hairs had already done. Still though, it would offer some protection from his own forces circling overhead.

"Yes Sir." Vasquez said, turning and walking over to a young radio operator. Jaeger couldn't remember but he thought he could remember seeing her during his last visit to the European Communications and Technology Institute, based in Stuttgart. Her rather demure face and unremarkable red hair gave little clues to such a possibility however.

"Tiger-1, Tiger-2, increase speed. You are falling behind schedule." No. He hadn't met her then. The voice was one he had never heard before.

tiger-1small.jpg

Regardless, the plan was simple. Luftmechanisierte-Brigade 1 would land at 'Zeus' Home after a pass by the Tigers. With the Tigers on station, the air cavalrymen would secure the immediate area as Heerestruppen-Brigade came in on their tails for reinforcements. False information had been provided, leaving the men of the brigades to think that the lesser equipped 11th Air mobile Brigade would be the Opposing Force, and that they would be set up closer to the objective, an OpFor camp set up 2 km north in the woods and housing the commanders of the OpFor forces. In actual fact however, the 11th Air mobile Brigade was set up guarding the OpFor camp - while the 6th Parachutist Brigade under Major General Lafontaine and the 1st Marine Brigade under Major General Ratel were patrolling in the woods - their path crossing into various open areas, many of which had been declared landing zones. For support, OpFor had again outdone his own men. Ready for rapid deployment, the Brigade des Forces Speciales under General Zeller had been procured for this operation, and was equipped with fast transport helicopters. From a moment's notice they could set off to support a counter-assault around the Landing Area. For support, and assuming his forces lasted longer than four hours, like they better had, then the 1st Mechanized Brigade under Major General Falzone would be released to provide aid. Apart from that, they did have EAF Fighter Group 75 under Major General Roquefeul - though these were only to be used after the first hour.

If all went according to plan, Jaeger could exploit the battle - which would essentially begin right after the first wave landed - and direct his own forces to hold out until air support became available. At that time, he would commence strafing runs on the OpFor and land 2/3 of Heerestruppen-Brigade to support Luftmechanisierte-Brigade 1 at the landing zone. The other third of Heerestruppen-Brigade would land at an alternate landing zone known as 'Apophis' Home, with their Cougar transports flying in low. That third, designated Group Z would bypass the ongoing battle between Heerestruppen-Brigade and Luftmechanisierte-Brigade 1 against the 6th Parachutist Brigade, 1st Marine Brigade and likely the majority of the Brigades des Forces Speciales - if not the entirety. With those forces hard pressed, Group Z would begin heading to the OpFor HQ with air support concentrating on the Battle at Zeus Home.

Given the severe numerical differences between Group Z and 11th Air Mobile Brigade, Group Z would be tasked with a surgical insertion and then destruction of the communication apparatus of OpFor. Surviving members of Group Z, were tasked with immediate and hasty withdrawal back to their original landing zone, Apophis Home for extraction as casualties were expected. If the group was in danger of becoming combat ineffective and cut off, then they were to initiate a hasty withdrawal towards Athena Home, the deployment zone for the 1st Mechanized Brigade.

"Tiger-1, Tiger-2 you are to make a single pass and then await on station for the Cougars to drop off their cargo. Over." came the voice of one of his radio operators.

"Operator, can they see anything in Thermals?" he asked as the Operator relayed his query and then paused for several seconds. Jaeger watched from his position as the two helicopters hovered over the landing zone, a gentle thud-thud-thud marking their entrance to the battlefield.

eurocopter_tiger.jpg

"No Sir, No sights on OpFor." came the calm reply. Jaeger wondered briefly where his enemies were, but decided to push on with the original plan.

"Call up Luftmechanisierte-Brigade 1." he ordered. With the acknowledgement of the order the gentle beating of rotors picked up as a flight of six Eurocopter Cougar aircraft came flying over one of the hills farther off in the distance.

as532_albania.jpg

The helicopters seemed to race to the front, arriving at what would have been on time. He checked his watch again to make sure. 11:04. Delayed by four minutes, with OpFor nowhere to be found. From where he was, he could see the helicopters maneuver like they had done in training and the ropes were dropped from the aircraft. Within seconds, men were rappelling down from them and setting up a perimeter. He could see them scanning the tree line, looking for anything though they weren't expecting resistance.

Nothing. No resistance at all. He was as perplexed as ever. Where was OpFor? Things never go this well.

"Shall I call in Heerestruppen-Brigade, Sir?"

Jaeger thought about it momentarily. "No need." he said turning around and walking over to pick up a head set. "I have the comm."

"Yes sir." The young radio operator said as she surrendered communications to him.

"Luftmechanisierte-Brigade 1, after the second wave arrives you are to advance to Ridge 51." He said, turning back to look out from his command post. Ridge 51 was about a kilometer north-west of his men. A mound of brilliant white, jagged rock spiraling up from the forest like a shark breaking through the waterline. Beyond that, a ravine gave a good viewing area to the valley. From there, Luftmechanisierte-Brigade might be able to relay information about the OpFor headquarters. "Heerestruppen-Brigade, you will commence land fall at Home Apophis, guided in with Tigers 1, 2, 3 and 4. Once you are disembarked, I want you to move up to the mouth of the valley It should be about .7 km north-east of your position. When you get there, dig in and await further instructions. Jaeger out." he said, setting the microphone back down on the table.

"Lieutenant General Hans M. Jaeger." shouted an unfamiliar voice from the entrance of his Command Post. The General turned to see who it was, and standing in the doorway, a middle aged Corporal with his cap pulled too tight down his head, and a slightly crooked nose held a sealed brown envelope under one his left arm.

"Corporal, we are in the middle of Operation Blue Horn." Jaeger said, walking over towards the man.

"I understand, Sir. This was relayed from Command. I have orders from General Zeller to deliver this message to you." he said, unfurling the envelope from under his arm.

"Very well then." Jaeger said, suddenly confused as to why Zeller, who was a part of Operation Blue Horn, would call on him in the middle of it. The whole thing felt like someone up the chain of command who didn't give a rats ass about something that Jaeger had been pushing for the last eight months. As he grabbed the envelope and flipped it around, the words Classified screamed of something unexpected. The Corporal began talking again as Jaeger tore open the envelope and glanced up at his name. Corporal Dias.

"General Zeller wants me to accompany you and your staff back to Army Base De Gaulle. Anything besides that, I am unaware of, Sir." he said, clearly hesitant to the idea of pulling a superior officer away from what looked like, and was, a major war game. As he tore open the envelope and read the first lines, things become somewhat more clear and somewhat more confusing.

LIEUTENANT GENERAL JAEGER.
BY ORDER OF GENERAL ZELLER, AND HENRI BENTEGEAT, YOU ARE BEING RECALLED TO ARMY BASE DE GAULLE.
OPERATION BLUE HORN WILL CONTINUE UNDER THE COMMAND OF LIEUTENANT GENERAL ANDRE GONCALVES.
YOU ARE HEREBY RELIEVED OF THE 2ND DUTCH ROYAL ARMY CORPS.
REPORT FOR IMMEDIATE TRANSFER AT 17:00.
BRING PERSONAL THEORIES, ANALYSIS AND CONCLUSION ON MODERN AIR MOBILE WARFARE.

OOC : Guys AARland Choice AwAARds Round 2 is open for voting here. Make sure to vote in as many categories as you can, and vote for your favourite AARs. It seems like they could do with some more participants.

Napoleon's dream has almost been realized then. Europe must look east to secure her place, and future.

Though some would argue she needs to look North.

Regarding the election periods, I'd go with 5 years for President and 4 for the Senate. I suppose that, story wise speaking, short terms are better, as we know that the coming years will be very eventfull... As the President is more focused on foreign policy (which is more long term than domestic policy) and as it is the HoS, the term is longer and only once in a decade the election is simultaneous with the Parlaiment's; so as to keep issues separated. If things are bad, the Senate and the Chancellor changes, but the President reamins giving an impression of stability.

On Serbia, I'd keep a couple of airborne brigades on stand-by, you never know when they can be handy. In the meantime, let's hope that the blocade + embargo + no fly zone brings some sense to them and they see the ill in their ways; if not, we'll have to teach them.

EDIT: Damn! I type slow, while doing this 4 posts popped up!
EDIT 2: On the Senate, every 2 years half of Chamber is renewed.

That actually sounds like a great plan for the Senate and Presidential elections.

As for para brigades - don't worry. They should come in use considering that there are no beach provinces under the control of Serbia :/

i approve this proposal! :D
but this way you'll have more political events XD

regards
guy montag

p.s.
maybe this one for the scandinavian states?
testqlo.png

just a suggestion :D

I could always just rip election events off of the US or something and then change up the ministers and such :p

As for the Nordic Union, I decided on this :

shield_swe-1.jpg

flag_SWE.jpg

I was thinking in this flag:

800px-Flag_of_Greece_(1828-1978).svg.png

WHAT!? That must be fixed NOW! Any other location be better! Berlin! Brussels! Amsterdam! Luxembourg! Ypres! Anyone but Paris!

[Angry Spaniard inside] :p

I have never seen that flag for Greece before in my life. It looks strangely simple. And easy. Doesn't sound like something Greece would want. They tend to like a complex mess. Just look at their economy :D

Terrible, I know.

As for the Capital, well ... I'm sure there are plenty of people who agree with you. Even in this EU. But still, it's Paris! It's amazing!

Maybe TemplarComander didn't use Eagle of Bonaparte for symbol of European federal air force without a purpose. ;)

This may turn out kind of like Napoleon but with one big difference.

I won't lose in the end. At least, I hope.

FRANKFURT FOR CAPITAL!

Not only is it located almost between germany and france, it's also historically partly "capital" for the union together with bryssels and strassburg and a huge economical centre.

it was the early centre for the franks, the ancestors of both france and germany, but also capital for the east frankish empire and the holy german empire.

It should be capital, or brussels should.

But both brussels and paris are already capitals for former countries.

Frankfurt is the past, Paris is the future!

#2 - I was basing my 2 and 4 years off of the American democratic system. Whether some readers will call this a betrayal ( :p ) or see it as reasonable I'm not sure. I can easily change it as the election's haven't been called yet. As for the election periods, what are other peoples opinions ? 5 and 7? 2 and 4? 5 for both unless the government falls?

I would say either the 5 and 7 years or some weird combination. There shouldn't be constant coincidences between the mandate years.

#4 - As for who will vote, I'm trying to decide. While I value the readers opinions and requests, this isn't an interactive AAR. That said, it may wind up with the readers voting on a party. All of these parties will ultimately be under my control, and Presidential candidates most likely won't be chosen from characters based on readers. Whether that is the same for the Chancellor, and if the readers will vote for the next government, is being decided.

It should be cool if you made us the voters. Or make the game like Victoria 2/HoI 3.

#5 - There are more nationalities coming soon. Expect the Dutch and French to show up soon.

Can't wait foe that. If you need help with any nationalities (especially the Portuguese one) please tell me. I might be of assistance to you.

I'm sorry!!!! What I meant is "Why is the European capital Paris and not Brussels Strasbourg or Luxembourg?"

#1. - 5 and 7 does sound like a good plan.

#2. - I don't think it's possible for me to simulate it like HOI 3 or Vic 2. That said, I am thinking that I will have the readers choose.

Please don't make me regret it :p

#3. - The French will make an appearance soon, and we had two Portuguese soldiers in the last post. Expect more, obviously.

#4. - "Pourquoi le capital d'europe est Paris, mais non Brussels, Strasbourg, et Luxembourg?"

True! Paris is an awesome city. WAIT! WAIT! WAIT! Paris isn't an awesome city! PARIS IS THE BEST CITY EVER!!!!!!!!! I LOVE PARIS!!!!!! I LOVE FRANCE!!!!!! (except the fact of it being led by liar Sarkozy, and the fact that they almost always keep winning my country's football team, when they are cheating (them, the referee or both)). Even though I think Luxembourg would be a great capital, you have convinced me!

It seems you're not the only one who likes the fact of Paris being Europe's capital!

Can't wait for more!

Paris est tres belle, mon ami.

Merci Beaucoup, Monsieur!

Great post!

Will be exciting to see what comes out of the intervention.

But will the senate approve ground forces in Serbia?

Indeed dear readers, will THEY?

Interesting. I eagerly anticipate the next update.

Thanks!

There better be an invasion of Serbia in the next update :D.

If not, will my readers hunt me down with torches and pitchforks in hand?

Interesting......

TemplarComander, I've sent you a PM, please check and reply.

Done. :D

VERY intriguing...

Hopefully an intervention in you-know-where is on the making

I would be a very cruel writAAR to tease you all like that :p

Nouvelles d'Union Fédérales
Broadcasting from Paris, District of France, European Union

fb95c00870139bb4_Picture_3.png

"Bonjour et bienvenue au nouvelles d'union federales. Il est octobre, le 26 à 07h03 dans la matinée. En dix minutes le President d'Europe est - is expected to make an announcement to the nation. Earlier today, it is known from inside sources that the Senate held a vote over the decision to intervene in occupied Montenegro against Serbian forces. While the outcome of the earlier vote is still uncertain, most analysts expect that the President will declare a limited intervention against Serbian forces. Such a force is expected to originate solely from the European Union, as the United States of America and Russia have vetoed any and all resolutions put before the United Nations Security Council to condemn the Serbian invasion and annexation of a free people."

"Meanwhile, the United States and Russia have been accused of continuing Arms Shipments to Serbian forces in the face of a possible European intervention. The allegations were not raised by Union officials, but rather Egyptian President, Hosni Mubarak. According to President Mubarak, an Indian front company for Russo-American arms dealers has sent a total of two dozen cargo ships to Serbia via occupied Montenegrin ports since Serbian officials re-opened the ports under Serbian administration."

shiplogo.jpg

"No word has yet been received from the Egyptian government if this is a policy shift away from the United States and to a closer relationship with the European Union - or if they have even discussed the matter with their allies in Jordan and Israel. Already however, the United States has called the allegations 'fraudulent fabrications' while Russia has called them 'malicious lies'. The Russian rebuttal also included a specific reference to President Mubarak, accusing him of being 'a snake of the most repugnant nature'. Certainly, this is a clear break from past relations between the states."

UN-LOGO%20copy.jpg

"Despite support from the United States and Russia however, numerous nations have voiced their hope for a Serbian evacuation from Montenegro. Italy, Switzerland and the Nordic Union called for Serbian evacuations and the establishment for a dialogue in the region, while the Republic of the Crescent pushed back, calling the annexation of Montenegro a 'sovereign right of the Serbian state'. When questioned further about the rights of the Serbian state, President Saddam Hussein stated that

Saddam Hussein said:
alg_saddam_hussein.jpg

'Serbia should grow to accommodate the large portion of her population in neighboring states. If the states in which her people reside cannot provide for them, or mistreat them in any way, then Serbia owes a debt to her people to protect and to provide for them in ways that the current administration cannot. That is what happened with Montenegro. She could not provide for Serbian citizens within her borders, and when she began to fiddle the Serbian people out of their rights, the government of Serbia acted to protect her people. Surely, the great powers have always operated on such a doctrine. Why should Serbia refrain from such a policy?"

"Meanwhile, Japan called for sanctions to be placed against the Serbian nation and for diplomatic channels to be opened. At the same time as questions were taken on this, ongoing fears of a resource shortage crippled the Japanese economy (1). With rare material imports falling to their lowest levels in history, and with metal shipments drastically faltering, it is expected that Japanese production levels will fall to unprecedented levels if the International Community does not intervene. A crisis meeting by President Kohler late last night recommended that the European Union, in co-operation with the Nordic Union begin a massive new comprehensive free trade agreement with Japan. Delegates from all parties are expected to gather in Leipzig early next month to discuss the proposal."

A-Libyan-army-tank-shell--008.jpg

"In North Africa, tensions continued to rise as Tunisian Army units manning the Libyan border came under a heavy and prolonged bombardment by Libyan artillery following days of diplomatic threats and sabre rattling. Despite the heavy bombardment, only six Tunisian soldiers have been reported as killed, while another two dozen have been wounded. As they returned fire, it was reported that Tunisian aircraft was scrambled and had began strafing runs on Libyan forces before a cease fire was negotiated. The Libyan government has refused to discuss the incident, and is not releasing a number of wounded or dead."

"And now, a word from the President of the European Union, Horst Kohler."

President of the European Union said:
koehler2_dpa.jpg

Good morning.

Sixteen days ago, following a fabricated and wildly exaggerated border incident with Montenegro, Serbian forces with the support of Russian military advisers launched offensive operations to seize the Sovereign Republic of Montenegro. Within a week, they had laid waste to a sovereign nation and had brought low a once free people. The capital of Podgorica itself was decimated in the fighting and countless refugees fled into Albania, Croatia, and the European Administrated Kosovo.

Since then, the Senate has convened and debated numerous times over the possibility of providing assistance to our beleaguered friends in Montenegro. Two days ago, a measure put forward by Senator Santiago was passed with endorsement from all parties, with the Progressive Party and the Socialist Party lead by Senator Kahlke. This measure endorsed a trade embargo, naval blockade, and no fly zone to be placed over Serbia and the occupied Montenegro.

Today, at 5:34, the Senate convened an emergency session at the behest of both myself, and of Chancellor Zapatero. This was brought on by the constant debate over an Armed Intervention to free the occupied state of Montenegro from the rogue Serbian nation. I can tell you now, with all certainty, that the Senate has decided in favour of ground operations to occur in conjunction with the implementation of a no fly zone, trade embargo and a naval blockade.

Time will tell us the wisdom of such action in the face of such head strong international opposition, but we march forth to the rescue of these free people knowing that out of any nation with the capacity for action, that Europe is the only nation with the bravery, the commitment, and the willpower to actually do so. Today, I ask that your thoughts go with mine to the families of those who will be committed to our offensive operations to liberate Montenegro from Serbian tyranny, and though we may know him differently, may God be with Europe and her Armed Forces in this most just, and righteous task.

EURO-INTERVENTION.jpg

And so it begins.

_________________~ Further Reading ~ ___________________​

1 - For some reason, the Japanese economy - literally - crashed. It fell through the floor. It made Greece today look like the USA in 2000. Compare the stone age to the industrial revolution in terms of productivity. For some reason, and I still can't explain this, Japanese Industrial Capacity fell from around 90/165 - 100/165 IC to 14/165 IC. I'm not sure how long this had been going on for because I only just caught it. Either way, I've written an event to solve it and that will play a big role in the story.