+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: [AlterVicky] Apocalypse 1836

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

No matter what i it keeps crashing ive been using Kalelovils verson of the mod and it still freezes at random time and i cant get the state emergency decision!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nationality: English/British
    Religion: Some metaphysical stuff

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan194 View Post
    No matter what i it keeps crashing ive been using Kalelovils verson of the mod and it still freezes at random time and i cant get the state emergency decision!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Are you sure you're using a clean install? Either way, would you please stop double posting?

Kale, I noticed you covertly deleted the country to country event, lol. Please don't delete events. If you want to help, that's cool, but don't just... delete it. I probably will make the province event happen before the country event just because it makes more sense, but the country to country event is needed. It definitely needs to be slowed, but I'd like to keep the possibility, and the hierarchy of events is preferable for simplicity and organizational purposes.

This is the layout of events that I'm going for because it's easiest and uncomplicated.
    • Event 99001 - Outbreak
    • Event 99002 - Province to Province
    • Event 99003 - Country to Province
    • Event 99004 - Province to Country
    • Event 99005 - Japan to China
    • Event 99006 - China to Japan
    • Event 99007 - Madagascar to Africa
    • Event 99008 - Africa to Madagascar
    • Event 99009 - Cuba/Haiti to America
    • Event 99010 - America to Cuba/Haiti
    • Event 99011 - Iceland to Denmark
    • Event 99012 - Denmark to Iceland
    • Event 99013 - Province Victory
    • Event 99014 - Country Victory
    • Event 99015 - Global Victory
    • Event 99016 - Country Defeat
    • Event 99017 - Global Defeat

Then should be the SoE events and then quarantine and martial law.

I may have fixed the Japan bug. "any_province" should be "any_owned_province". Also, the validator says "country_units_in_province = THIS" does not work; it has to be a numerical value. This also creates the problem of clearing the zombie virus out of places that aren't yours but I guess that's a necessary evil since we don't want zombies clearing themselves out.

On an unrelated note, the terra nullius spread is tested and working. Go me.
    Last edited by ZomgK3tchup; 19-05-2011 at 04:09.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III

Sorry for double posting but i realy like the mod its just realy anoying when it crashes all the time and i cant figue out why.

(Would it be possible for you to realease the correct Apocalypse events textfile so you dont have to overite because im not sure but i might have done something rong)
    Last edited by Ethan194; 19-05-2011 at 15:09.

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    Yeah. I'm going release an official update sometime in the next few days, probably Saturday. Tonight's the opening night of Pirates 4, so it ain't happen' anytime soon, lmao.

Ok thanks that realy good news!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Incidentally, "empty = yes" does indeed work.

The problem, I've found, is that it can't be combined with "any_neighbor_province". The latter only checks non-empty provinces, and there's no "any_empty_neighbor_province". If you are targeting a specific province, "empty = yes" indicates what it should, but there's no good way I've found to detect if a random province is next to an empty one.

Darkest HourDivine WindVictoria 2

Vancouver BC, Former British Dominion called Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by ZomgK3tchup View Post
    Yeah. I'm going release an official update sometime in the next few days, probably Saturday. Tonight's the opening night of Pirates 4, so it ain't happen' anytime soon, lmao.
    B-But that's rapture day

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by Aliasing View Post
    B-But that's rapture day
    I have to say: what?

Quote Originally Posted by Sujit View Post
    I have to say: what?
    Some radio talkshow host made some insane prediction that the Rapture is supposed to occur on Saturday.

Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses

Quote Originally Posted by NezzeOne View Post
    Some radio talkshow host made some insane prediction that the Rapture is supposed to occur on Saturday.
    Okay, but what is "The raputre"

On the mod side: how are you going to simulate a possible loss of government leader(s)?

Okay, but what is "The raputre"
    ...The Biblical Rapture? In a nutshell, it's when Jesus comes back and ferries all of his followers off to heaven, leaving those that didn't get beamed off to rot, more or less.

On topic: Is it possible for an entire country to turn Terra Nullius?

Quote Originally Posted by NezzeOne View Post
    ...The Biblical Rapture? In a nutshell, it's when Jesus comes back and ferries all of his followers off to heaven, leaving those that didn't get beamed off to rot, more or less.

On topic: Is it possible for an entire country to turn Terra Nullius?
    Okay, thank you for explaining it to me. But I like the idea of turn a nation into Terra Nullius. And you can flag some of the provinces so zombie will spawn from there.

Blog Entries
    Related to the loss of government leaders, I have some flavor events for this and I'll probably add a modifier that decreases all leader and government related things I can find. One of the flavor events I want is en event to abandon your capital or die protecting it if it gets occupied or becomes terra nullius. Both choices come with obvious drawbacks but a few bonuses.

I'll play around with turning nations into terra nullius. I have the appropriate province to terra nullius working, and I want to throw around a state scope terra nullius, and then I'll work my way up from there.

If rebels can spawn in terra nullius, then they will. I have the flags set up for it but have yet to see if this will actually work.

And yeah, apparently May 21st is supposed to be Rapture Day according to some guy on a radio talk show.

BL-logic
    Event Team Leader
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 AHD BetaPride of Nations
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

If rebels can spawn in terra nullius, then they will. I have the flags set up for it but have yet to see if this will actually work.
    I don't think they can.
    Game Developer East vs West - Event&Decision Team Leader
    Unless stated otherwise, the content of the above post is my personal opinion only.

Utilities:
    Victoria 2 Pop Maker Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Order Of Battle Maker Utility:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Savegame Analyser Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?638277-Victoria-2-AHD-Savegame-Analyser

Quote Originally Posted by Kalelovil View Post
    I don't think they can.
    Too bad if so, but then again we can ask PI to make it possible int he future patch(and I hope they say yes). But are there any possible way to remove/kill all the zombies in the game? if so then will it be like vanilla after it?

Blog Entries
    Too bad if so, but then again we can ask PI to make it possible int he future patch(and I hope they say yes). But are there any possible way to remove/kill all the zombies in the game? if so then will it be like vanilla after it?
    The only solution would be to add the zombie_outbreak_victory or zombie_outbreak_defeat country flag, remove the appropriate modifiers and then drop militancy. They would stop spawning and eventually disband.

I'm contemplating whether I want a zombie victory to turn the world into terra nullius or if I want them to just disappear and let the ravaged nations rebuild or whatever.

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure this will work for the new patch. If not, I'll port it with this next update.

Blog Entries
    So, bad news.

There's an error somewhere that's preventing every event after 99004 from firing, and I can't find it to save my life. This might take awhile, so if somebody wants to give me a hand, I'll PM them the events file so they can take a look.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2Semper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Oh dear god, no more rebels!!!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

There's an error somewhere that's preventing every event after 99004 from firing, and I can't find it to save my life. This might take awhile, so if somebody wants to give me a hand, I'll PM them the events file so they can take a look.
    PM it to me. I'll see if I can spot something.

Though I recommend getting the validator, if you aren't already using it. While a number of things it reports are incorrect or out of date, it's extremely handy at spotting silly mistakes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    PM it to me. I'll see if I can spot something.

Though I recommend getting the validator, if you aren't already using it. While a number of things it reports are incorrect or out of date, it's extremely handy at spotting silly mistakes.
    Yeah, I've been using the validator, but it's not giving me anything.

Anyway, I'll send it to you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast