+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [AlterVicky] Apocalypse 1836

BL-logic
    Event Team Leader
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 AHD BetaPride of Nations
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by NezzeOne View Post
    This. Sounds. Fantastic.

I'm particularly fond of the idea of provinces being turned Terra Nullis by the zombies. Very nice.

Also, harrr. Zombies in Divergences. The lolz.

Edit: I don't suppose it would be possible to make some sort of...Anti-Zombie Pact between nations? I imagine that if, say, Austria fell to the undead that Prussia or Russia might form some sort of pact in order to intervene.
    They are handled as a type of rebel so I don't think that will be possible.
    Game Developer East vs West - Event&Decision Team Leader
    Unless stated otherwise, the content of the above post is my personal opinion only.

Utilities:
    Victoria 2 Pop Maker Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Order Of Battle Maker Utility:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Savegame Analyser Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?638277-Victoria-2-AHD-Savegame-Analyser

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2

Also how quick do they spread because transport wasernt the quickest back then.
    Nationality: English/British
    Religion: Some metaphysical stuff
    Ideology: Nationalism

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliasing View Post
    Would this work for mods like Divergences?
    Right now, the only country-specific files exist to spread the plague from countries that have no neighbors and those that do. France and Spain also have their country files edited so they maintain their current flag if they change government to State of Emergency.

Porting it would be very easy. Most new text is located at the bottom of a particular file or exists in an entirely separate one. However, some of the syntax may not work until DVG is upgraded to 1.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan194 View Post
    Is New Zealand isolated from the zombies?
    Yes. Though this may chance with a coastal province to colony event spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalelovil View Post
    I just tried the 0.5 beta.
    According to the event the outbreak started in Russia, but within a few months I am seeing zombie rebels throughout Europe as well as Central and Southern Asia.
    I thought there was meant to be one initial outbreak and they would spread out from there through province events or by occupying provinces. Is that wrong or is what I am seeing a bug?

Edit: Playing as the UK, in October 1836 the plague reached Carlisle in northern England, my first province to be infected, despite the nearest province with the zombie modifer being Antwerp and there being no zombie units in England.

Edit 2: Second game; the plague started in the UK home isles despite myself playing as the UK. Zombie outbreaks are also occuring in South America early in 1836.
    This is WAD. Country to country spread occurs via a event that is fired if a neighboring province is infected. I will slow the MttH down, but it's necessary so that the zombies don't get isolated on Taiwan or get stuck exclusively in a hemisphere. Right now, the MttH for country to country is about a month but I'll fix it so that the event will fire roughly when a zombie outbreak is ready to explode into its neighbors.

Though places being overrun in 1836 sounds a little too soon. The places with the most clustered nations (Germany and India) should be overrun first since the country to country event fires there more often, but the Americas and China should be relatively clear for years. Moreso, I've come to see the AI bottlenecking the virus (WAD) in certain places like Panama and stationing troops there to hold them off. I've also seen the AI use its fleets to halt the advance at Gibraltar-Africa and Istanbul-Eastern Europe.

I found that when the plague hits the UK, it will spread to the USA, Brazil, and engulf India quickly. What most likely happened to you as the UK was the event occurred somewhere in Europe, spread to France, and then from France to the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by NezzeOne View Post
    Edit: I don't suppose it would be possible to make some sort of...Anti-Zombie Pact between nations? I imagine that if, say, Austria fell to the undead that Prussia or Russia might form some sort of pact in order to intervene.
    Both a global zombie flag and a country flag exist for something like this. I haven't played with diplomatic event effects yet, but I'll be sure to give it a try.

@Ethan: This time period is a nice time for a zombie plague; it's when globalization really took off. Though the country to country spread MttH is a little too fast for my tastes. I'll fix this later. But the logic itself is sound. Refugees, diplomats, observers, what have you, get infected and return to their home country.
    Last edited by ZomgK3tchup; 16-05-2011 at 12:55.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III

one question i deleted my entire map cache folder noobishly tryingg to make the mod work and it still doesernt work and my map cache foldernever has any thing init it work with out the mod installed.

BL-logic
    Event Team Leader
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 AHD BetaPride of Nations

Oh drat, and just after I'd written events for it to move province to province.
    Unless stated otherwise, the content of the above post is my personal opinion only.

Utilities:
    Victoria 2 Pop Maker Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Savegame Analyser Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?638277-Victoria-2-AHD-Savegame-Analyser

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    Oh drat, and just after I'd written events for it to move province to province.
    Send them. I'd like a mix of both to shake things up.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomgK3tchup View Post
    (Japan and Madagascar, namely)
    Heh, Madagascar. Can we have a decision for them to Shut Down Everything (from)?

Isolation will be difficult because the AI will enact it immediately or not at all. I want a minimal amount of isolationist countries, so I may restrict it to the following conditions: be a Greater Power or uncivilized, the Great Powers are all infected, and you are not. More than likely, you'd have South America, Korea, and Japan go into isolation, and I'm okay with that.
    Maybe size and administration levels could affect isolationism? Longer borders and little oversight would lead to infections even without it (maybe a rare province event even for isolationist countries, but one that would increase the more neighboring countries had the disease [countries with more neighbors are either huge with lots of border space, or small and surrounded by other small nations - both hard places to go isolationist successfully], the lower admin levels you had, etc.)
    Isolationism could also have serious side effects. No trade (maybe a prestige drop?), no immigration, etc.

Maybe have a couple decisions for countries which invent certain zombie fighting technologies or inventions (either repurposing things already there, like Machine Guns, Medicine, various chemistries, etc., or new ones - I'd imagine certain medical or chemical technologies would lower reorganization rates of zombies, increase the MTTH for zombie spread, etc.) that allows them to share the technology with their alliance. This would put up a flag which would give an event to their allies letting them gain the inventions.
    Interactive AARs:
    Mutual Assured Destruction: The Presidents 1836-1936: Former Vice President William Gallatin
    Forward the Revolution(s)!: A Federation of "Equals" : Naval Officer Klemens Haas

this sounds like a brillent mod but (I haven't played it yet) is zombies suppose to spread more slowly? and would it be possible to make some places "Untouchable"? (as in, New Zealand and Japan?). I agree tht we must have a descion for "SHUT! DOWN! EVERYTHING!" I played the hell out of the flash game it is so true..a man is sneezing in the uk? SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING! I been given the wrong pizza! SHUT.DOWN.EVERYTHING.
    Darkest Hour Helpful Links:
    How to modify the Darkest Hour Technology Tree:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-the-tech-tree.
    A collection of Blank Graphic files for Darkest Hour.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?645555-Resource-Blank-Gfx-files

EU4 Mod Links:
    Cheat Mod:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post17580322

Blog Entries
    By default, some places will be untouchable because of their remoteness, namely, Greenland & Iceland, Taiwan, and various non-colonial islands. When I implement the province to colony event, it would be possible to prevent an outbreak in Australia and New Zealand by turning them into states or alternatively, releasing either of them. Province to province only affects neighboring provinces, and country to country only affects neighboring country.

I may work the isolation decision to be available to Japan by default.

In other news, the terra nullius events are coming along nicely. If a zombie occupies a province, there is a X% that it will become terra nullius. Furthermore, a province may become terra nullius randomly by event if it has been occupied for X amount of months/years. This modifier will be cut drastically if there are neighboring provinces that have already been lost (to prevent dotting of the map) and if the province in question is a colony. Likewise, I am working on the zombie victory condition so that it will only be satisfied if every world capital is terra nullius (the ultimate destruction of civilization).

And here's what I want to get done in the foreseeable future, in order of priority.

My To-Do list:
    • Terra Nullius events.
    • Province to Province event.
    • Province to colony event.
    • MttH tweaking.
    • Isolation and Quarantine.
    • SHUT. DOWN. EVERYTHING. decision.
    • Add a trigger for major events/decisions that stops them from happening if there is a zombie outbreak (i.e. ACW events).
    • Add an event to create forts to simulate the usage of medieval fortifications.

one question i deleted my entire map cache folder noobishly tryingg to make the mod work and it still doesernt work and my map cache foldernever has any thing init it work with out the mod installed.
    What should i do to get this mod to work???????????

Blog Entries
    What should i do to get this mod to work???????????
    It should work fine if you just install over vanilla or use JSGME. You don't need to delete your map cache or anything else.

The Guardian of Divergences Athalcor's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IV

Is there a possibility like 'The End of the Plague'? To make it possible to start recolonizing the world?
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - awarded the Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14.

The Q2 ACAs are calling!

Will mod for food.

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

Oh it still doesernt work i just asumed it was my map cahe folder.

BL-logic
    Event Team Leader

It should work fine if you just install over vanilla or use JSGME. You don't need to delete your map cache or anything else.
    Does the line "unit = zombie" in the Zombies rebel entry do anything? It may be my own modifications but all the Zombies I have been fighting have been irregulars, not zombies.

Edit: The province to province zombie spread I have been working, it still needs some work however:
    zombieapocalypsealternative.zip
    Last edited by Kalelovil; 17-05-2011 at 16:16.

Utilities:

Quote Originally Posted by Athalcor View Post
    Is there a possibility like 'The End of the Plague'? To make it possible to start recolonizing the world?
    I was thinking that as well the surviving countries could inherit the world.

The Guardian of Divergences Athalcor's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IV

I was thinking that as well the surviving countries could inherit the world.
    But then it would not be such a fun, ha? Yes, there would not be many countries left (and the population should be like 2% of the 1836) but still...
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - awarded the Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14.

The Q2 ACAs are calling!

Will mod for food.

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

They can still colonise i just ment that in awy they would inherit the world not they would own strait away also there could be a imigration sort of thing for example
    say years after the plaig and some austrian pops have been living in australia and had escaped at the begging of the infection before it took there hole country and an indepent australia or a british goverment located in australia could inact a decision to reintroduce the austrians to there home land ( like the americans do in 28 weekslater )

Blog Entries
    Does the line "unit = zombie" in the Zombies rebel entry do anything? It may be my own modifications but all the Zombies I have been fighting have been irregulars, not zombies.

Edit: The province to province zombie spread I have been working, it still needs some work however:
    Attachment 36002
    Yes, it does. It should spawn the unit type "zombies" when the rebel type rises. Or at least it does in HOI3, and I see no reason why it shouldn't.

I didn't know how to test this, so I simply assumed it worked.

And thanks, btw. I'll check this out. Your help is much appreciated and will be noted.

BL-logic
    Event Team Leader

Yes, it does. It should spawn the unit type "zombies" when the rebel type rises. Or at least it does in HOI3, and I see no reason why it shouldn't.

I didn't know how to test this, so I simply assumed it worked.

And thanks, btw. I'll check this out. Your help is much appreciated and will be noted.
    As far as I can tell, rebel units in Victoria 2 are only determined on a poptype basis, not a rebel type basis.

Utilities:

Blog Entries
    As far as I can tell, rebel units in Victoria 2 are only determined on a poptype basis, not a rebel type basis.
    Hm, how can you tell the unit type of a rebel?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast