• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice job!
A map of the Republic, please?

Nice job!

Seconded. You've done a very nice job thus far; snagging Crimea from the GH was a nice little coup. Keep up the good work!

I've attatched a world map and two closer maps of Europe, just because you asked so nicely :p

I will respond to all feedback properly before the next update, as per usual.

I say this because I have encountered a rather debilitating bug. My posts explaining the bug on the forum and the bug-report subform can be found HERE and HERE respectivly. This problem should be easy to circumnavigate with a save game edit or a fix if one is found, however, for now at least, I am unable to play properly. I do not intend to let this AAR suffer the same fate as my last; rest assured, this is NOT the end of the AAR. If any of you have any insight as to what is causing the bug, please share in the thread on the main EUIII forum.

Should no solution be found in good time, I will simply edit the save to get around the problem, however I'd much rather leave that as a last resort.

Appologies for the inevitably delayed update :p

EDIT: I've just noticed that Civand has quoted me on his sig :D I appreciate that, thanks :)

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 99
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    128,9 KB · Views: 182
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    66,6 KB · Views: 171
You're welcome :)

Great work. You've certainly done an impressive job for so short a time. Subscribed.

If your sticking with the trading theme then grabing a province on the Gulf would give you a head start into Indian trade. If a crusade againt the Marmaluks ever comes up its worth thinking about.

Last edited:
I appologise for the massive delay. I had a whole bunch of exams recently, but I have very few left and shall have enough time to play the game and update the AAR. Hoping to do just that at some point this week.

Great work. You've certainly done an impressive job for so short a time. Subscribed.

Thank you, always nice to have another reader. It's pretty unlucky that you started reading as soon as it went quiet, though :p

Very nicely played! What's your trade income now that you have that second CoT?

Hm, can't honestly remember. I will say in the update.

With Genoa under control, will you now seek to expand your Trade League outside the Mediterranean Coasts, maybe strike at the Hanseatic and Novgorod Leagues?

I doubt I will go land grabbing in northern Europe, but a vassalisation isn't out of the question...

If your sticking with the trading theme then grabing a province on the Gulf would give you a head start into Indian trade. If a crusade againt the Marmaluks ever comes up its worth thinking about.

Funnily enough, I was planning to do more or less the same thing at some point!

Last edited:
School is important but EU3 is more important. Please get you priorities in order. Thank you.

You'll be glad to hear that I have seen the error of my ways and have reversed my priorities then :p

Again, this isn't an update, but rather an update on the state of the update... yes, I am making this more complicated than it needs to be.

Long story short, I have been looking in to the bug and have realised that it is not an error with the save game but most likely something introduced with the latest beta patch (that I am playing this AAR with). I went looking about in the save game only to find that the "allied in a war" status (as elaborated upon in an earlier post) was not actually in the save file. I am not a modder or programmer, and as such have no clue as to what could be causing this, but have decided to play and simply ignore any effects of the bug as, to the extent of my knowladge, no fix haas been found yet. This will, of course, have an impact on the decisions I make in game, but I will be sure to notify you if this is a direct affect of the bug.

Hoping to get the update out sometime this week, probably earlier than Friday.

You may have spoken too soon.

Tsk tsk, surely you must know that there is a good reason that I proclaim myself the Master of Procrastination!

Trust me, an update will come. Probably. In all honesty I was hoping that the latest beta would include a fix to the aforementioned bug, but unfortunately there was no such fix. A shame, really, considering the amount of time the bug has been on the bug report forum.

Trust me though, you have my word that this AAR will not die; it is just in a state of a long and very irritating limbo until a fix for that game breaking bug appears.