+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Venice, Vidi, Vici - A Venetian Gameplay AAR

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

My goodness! What an audacious expansion!
    NOW are you going to consolidate your gains?

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

Great job! Genoa is definitely worth some inflation. How are your traders doing now - I assume well in Venice and Genoa and not as well elsewhere.

Modern Psycho-General CivandEUIII's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Nice job!
    A map of the Republic, please?

Also hugely relieved this did not end with the report "The Three Mountains achievement broken. Steps to reproduce: ..." - Rufo
    "I pity the fool who has to fill out 272 years of Indian history." - Cuthuthulu
    "
    (Wouldnt Hitler look much friendlier with curls and that silly mustache shaved off?)" - podcat

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by CivandEUIII View Post
    Nice job!
    Seconded. You've done a very nice job thus far; snagging Crimea from the GH was a nice little coup. Keep up the good work!
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- 1st quarter ACAs for 2014 underway!

Japan or Bust (probably bust) An Uesugi CoP AAR -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- In progress
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2|EvW Missile Silo - check before posting!

Master of Procrastination ScarcticCG's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    Lead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by CivandEUIII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    Seconded
    I've attatched a world map and two closer maps of Europe, just because you asked so nicely

I will respond to all feedback properly before the next update, as per usual.

I say this because I have encountered a rather debilitating bug. My posts explaining the bug on the forum and the bug-report subform can be found HERE and HERE respectivly. This problem should be easy to circumnavigate with a save game edit or a fix if one is found, however, for now at least, I am unable to play properly. I do not intend to let this AAR suffer the same fate as my last; rest assured, this is NOT the end of the AAR. If any of you have any insight as to what is causing the bug, please share in the thread on the main EUIII forum.

Should no solution be found in good time, I will simply edit the save to get around the problem, however I'd much rather leave that as a last resort.

Appologies for the inevitably delayed update

EDIT: I've just noticed that Civand has quoted me on his sig I appreciate that, thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg‎
Views:	91
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	36272   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg‎
Views:	171
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	36273   Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg‎
Views:	160
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	36274  

Modern Psycho-General CivandEUIII's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

You're welcome

Also hugely relieved this did not end with the report "The Three Mountains achievement broken. Steps to reproduce: ..." - Rufo
    "I pity the fool who has to fill out 272 years of Indian history." - Cuthuthulu
    "
    (Wouldnt Hitler look much friendlier with curls and that silly mustache shaved off?)" - podcat

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Great work. You've certainly done an impressive job for so short a time. Subscribed.
    God's protection is better than the strongest armor or the tallest tower.
    Fan of the Week: 4/25/10 Was a recipient of one of King_Richard_XI's birthday cookies:
    Nationality: American (Dixie), Religion: Southern Baptist, Ideology: Reactionary, Issues: Jingoism
    billy bob's opinion of Mississippi
    My first AAR: Etruria: Forging an Empire (a disaster, but completed)
    My second AAR: Confessions to a Boatman: An Ottoman AAR (dead)

Where and Who the state began richelieu1628's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Very nicely played! What's your trade income now that you have that second CoT?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

The Free and Independent State of Alabama
    With Genoa under control, will you now seek to expand your Trade League outside the Mediterranean Coasts, maybe strike at the Hanseatic and Novgorod Leagues?
    Political Test
    Ideology: Social Democrat

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: Revolutions500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

If your sticking with the trading theme then grabing a province on the Gulf would give you a head start into Indian trade. If a crusade againt the Marmaluks ever comes up its worth thinking about.
    Last edited by Caligo; 11-06-2011 at 17:03.

I appologise for the massive delay. I had a whole bunch of exams recently, but I have very few left and shall have enough time to play the game and update the AAR. Hoping to do just that at some point this week.

Quote Originally Posted by JDMS View Post
    Great work. You've certainly done an impressive job for so short a time. Subscribed.
    Thank you, always nice to have another reader. It's pretty unlucky that you started reading as soon as it went quiet, though

Quote Originally Posted by richelieu1628 View Post
    Very nicely played! What's your trade income now that you have that second CoT?
    Hm, can't honestly remember. I will say in the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Razgriz 2K9 View Post
    With Genoa under control, will you now seek to expand your Trade League outside the Mediterranean Coasts, maybe strike at the Hanseatic and Novgorod Leagues?
    I doubt I will go land grabbing in northern Europe, but a vassalisation isn't out of the question...

Quote Originally Posted by Caligo View Post
    If your sticking with the trading theme then grabing a province on the Gulf would give you a head start into Indian trade. If a crusade againt the Marmaluks ever comes up its worth thinking about.
    Funnily enough, I was planning to do more or less the same thing at some point!
    Last edited by ScarcticCG; 12-06-2011 at 16:50.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

School is important but EU3 is more important. Please get you priorities in order. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyJoe View Post
    School is important but EU3 is more important. Please get you priorities in order. Thank you.
    You'll be glad to hear that I have seen the error of my ways and have reversed my priorities then

Again, this isn't an update, but rather an update on the state of the update... yes, I am making this more complicated than it needs to be.

Long story short, I have been looking in to the bug and have realised that it is not an error with the save game but most likely something introduced with the latest beta patch (that I am playing this AAR with). I went looking about in the save game only to find that the "allied in a war" status (as elaborated upon in an earlier post) was not actually in the save file. I am not a modder or programmer, and as such have no clue as to what could be causing this, but have decided to play and simply ignore any effects of the bug as, to the extent of my knowladge, no fix haas been found yet. This will, of course, have an impact on the decisions I make in game, but I will be sure to notify you if this is a direct affect of the bug.

Hoping to get the update out sometime this week, probably earlier than Friday.

Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper Fi

nice to hear that the AAR ainīt dead. I do like to read about your Venicegame

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: Revolutions500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrberg View Post
    nice to hear that the AAR ainīt dead. I do like to read about your Venicegame
    You may have spoken too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligo View Post
    You may have spoken too soon.
    Tsk tsk, surely you must know that there is a good reason that I proclaim myself the Master of Procrastination!

Trust me, an update will come. Probably. In all honesty I was hoping that the latest beta would include a fix to the aforementioned bug, but unfortunately there was no such fix. A shame, really, considering the amount of time the bug has been on the bug report forum.

Trust me though, you have my word that this AAR will not die; it is just in a state of a long and very irritating limbo until a fix for that game breaking bug appears.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3