• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I LOVE the RCAF! All of those heavy bombers and close air support planes will do wonders against the syndicalist hordes of the CSA.

Great update.

@ Razgriz 2K9: Well done, nice inventory list! As for 3rd Gen. and 4th Gen. Ground Attack, I'd go for CF-5/CF-116 Freedom Fighter and F-15E Strike Eagle. A-10 can be also put into NCR-Canadian domain, there was Fairchild Aircraft subsidiary in Canada in 1920s already, so I'd say main company in USA would be lost during the civil war and Canadian subsidiary would be took over by Canadair or Bombardier. Later, A-10 would be fruit of joint Canadian-NCR cooperation. Let me finish your list then:

4.5th Generation-Short Range Multirole Fighter: CF-18C Hornet
3rd Generation-Short Range Multirole Fighter: CF-5A Freedom Fighter
3rd Generation-Intercontinental Strategic Bomber: B-52H Stratofortress
4th Generation-Intercontinental Strategic Bomber: B-1B Lancer
3rd Generation-Ground Attack: CF-5/CF-116 Freedom Fighter
4th Generation-Ground Attack: F-15E Strike Eagle
3rd Generation-Close Air Support: A-10A Thunderbolt II
4th Generation-Naval Patrol: P-3C Orion

@ Hochseeflotte: But I already own Panama, check it out on the list of Canadian provinces and territories! ;)

@ everyone, thanks for comments!

Canada
6-Aug-2003
1800 hrs

The third and final part of report on the state of Canadian military was finished in late afternoon and described the state of Royal Canadian Navy, the spiritual heir of once proud Royal Navy that ruled the seas for centuries. It could be discused further without ending who really is the heir of Royal Navy, the Royal Canadian Navy that inherited part of the fleet the spirit of Royal Navy, or Republican Navy that inherited most of flesh of the former Royal Navy after the revolution in Britain.

HMCS_Bonaventure.jpg

After the disastrous German naval defeat in East Asia by Imperial Japanese Navy who had to thank for their victory to extensive use of aircraft carriers, the old queens of the seas, battleships, started to make the space for rapid armament of great world navies with aircraft carriers. Canada was no exception.

800px-USS_Harry_S_Truman_CVN-75_Flight_Deck.jpg

CF-188 Hornets on the flight deck of the Prince Edward-class fleet carrier HMCS British Columbia.

Pearl Harbor is the base of British Columbia Strike Group. RCN strike groups tend to be somehow oriented towards standarization, with every strike group consisting of two fleet carriers, one light carrier, one missile cruiser, six destroyers and about half-a-dozen of frigates for anti-submarine protection. Landing platforms, amphibious assault vessels, refueling and other support ships are attached in number that depends from special case.
sg1.jpg

800px-HMCS_Regina_FFH_334_1.jpg

Halifax-class frigate HMCS Regina

Ontario Strike Group is based in Boston...
sg2-1.jpg

...and Quebec Strike Group is based in Halifax.
sg3.jpg

Cuba hosts Canadian Caribbean Fleet, with missile cruiser HMCS Dreadnought for flagship.
sg4.jpg

1st Submarine Fleet, made of Victoria-class submarines, is currently based in Newfoundland...
sub1.jpg

...while the 2nd Submarine Fleet dwells in Bermuda.
sub2.jpg

USS_Tripoli_LPH10_a-1.jpg

Wolfe-class light aircraft carriers (picture depicts HMCS Newfoundland) are able to carry both helicopters and/or V/STOL aircraft.

I am filled with pride to see Canada's powerful navy. I love that you also put in a few missile cruisers as well to go with those carriers and amphibious assault ships.

Great update. Are you now going to focus on Canada's allies?

edit: also noticed that my home province got an Aircraft Carrier named after it.:D

Last edited:
A truly formidable navy. If combined with powerfull ( judging by your description I think it should be powerfull enough ) Imperial Japaneese navy I think that there is ( almost ) no one on earth, who can stop such navy.......

That's a very impressive navy. And judging for the loose plane here and there your allies at least have an airforce to be reckoned.

On a side note, I just reallized this, who's King Richard and where's Elizabeth?

I'm being tempted to do a KRMDS AAR... weren't for my other AAR and its future sequels...

How about sequel to A King for All Seasons? :)

Yes please!

Well, bearing in mind that, at the end of the AAR, there were no Syndiez powers -Brazil, perhaps, and some foreign corner of China-, that I ended hating the AAR due to the game itself and the impossible task I've chosed, and, finally, that, as said, I have big plans for the current AAR -in fact, yesterday I began to look how to adapt it to go on with it in HoI-1936, as it was originally planned-, I'm afraid that the King will have to wait for another season...

And let's stop the hijacking of this AAR :D

That's what I call a badass navy !
Unfortunately I'm pretty sure that the Kriegsmarine is even more impressive.

Yeah, I'm just too excited to stand still and wait for the next update (I'm not hurrying/complaining, mind you :) ), I need something to do. For some reason I'm all "Fat kid in the Candystore" over this AAR... :D

Canada's Armed Forces make me proud.

@ Kaiser_Mobius: Yes, I'll start to present our allies after this update. And yes, Manitoba is not to be messed with. ;)

@ coorta88: UNA navies combined are trully impressive force, but same might be said also for Syndicalist and EuroAsian navies...

@ Aliasing: I don't know which type of aircraft this really is, because this sprite represents everything that is bigger than fighter (CAS, strategic bomber, transport...), but I'm quite sure this must be Fengtien airlift aircraft. Dear President Kim Jong Il probably sent it for some Canadian Whiskey. :D

@ Mr. Santiago: In this alternate universe Edward VIII married a peer (Windsors couldn't afford abdication scandal in a world where nobility is still very influental force and Hohenzollern rivals are observing their every step) and Richard is his descendant.

@ TemplarComander: Glad to hear that!

@ everyone, thanks for comments! And yes Kurt Steiner, me also thinks that you should start another MDS-KR too! ;)

Canada
6-Aug-2003
2100 hrs

In the evening, addition about the briefing about the state of Canadian economy and its influence on Canadian defense was attached to report. Information on economy was provided by finance minister Jay Rockefeller. Situation was not too good. Recent general strike in Quebec, launched by Quebecoise trade unions and underlined by massive demonstrations of various groups as protest against centralization, prohibition of several Quebecoise political parties due to connections with separatism and political syndicalism, limitations of civil and social rights and conscription system, damaged industrial production, paralyzed many transport links and planted seeds of deep dissent in society. Protests and strikes enjoyed some smaller-scale support also in other parts of Canada, mostly in industrial centers.

IC.jpg

Fortunately, services from defense industry complex, govermental agencies, military itself and from other important defense-connected sources weren't endangered by those events. Canadian goverment had enough funds to support research on five major defense-oriented technological projects. Such researches were done by trustworthy research teams from state services, home companies, foreign subsidiaries and international organizations, such as Commonealth Space Agency, joint space research agency of Royal Commonwealth of Nations, successor of British Empire that united both nations that are still under royal canopy and are technically still royal dominions (Canada, Australasia, Hawaii), and former members of British Empire, now republics (India, South Africa, Rhodesia, Nyasaland). Royal Commonwealth of Nations provides technical, economic, security, cultural and political cooperation of its members.

tech4.jpg

tech1.jpg

tech2.jpg

tech3.jpg

SA-80_rifle.jpg

L85, standard service rifle of Royal Canadian Armed Forces. Developed and produced by New England company Colt, various models produced by license abroad and used as standard service rifle by many Canadian allies.

challenger-2.jpg

Challenger 2, serving as Canadian standard MBT together with upgraded models of Challenger 1.

Challenger-1.jpg

Due to large need for armor, Challenger 1 wasn't completely replaced by more advanced Challenger 2 model, so upgraded models of Challenger 1 are still in broad use. Picture depicts Challenger 1 during excercise in Oman.

LAV_IV.jpg

LAV III Stryker, joint project of NCR and Canada defense industries, improved derivative, based on Canadian LAV III, now used by both Canada and NCR as standard IFV.

looks like you have some very strong industries and tech teams. I love that you put Constable Fraser and his trusty dog Diefenbaker for the RCMP tech team. :D I also look forward to learning more about Canada's allies.

Good update.