+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I find spain really lacking in craftsmen

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I find spain really lacking in craftsmen

hi, i'm currently playing as spain now in 1.3 and trying the best i could to industrialize but wasn't very successful, all because they are really lacking in craftsmen.

i've set the poor taxes to 50%, the middle 60%, and the rich 4 % with no tariff(i intend to lower the poor and middle taxes). i also encourage all my NF for craftsmen, any other way to encourage craftsmen in spain ?
    "Upon hearing of the Japanese attack on the United States of America at Pearl Harbor, bringing America into the war against the Axis powers, Churchill exclaimed “We have won the war!”"

I join his question!
    Is there any moment in history where a country attacks another country because their allied with a country that is at war with a country that is the first countries ally?

Nationality: Ashkenazi
    Religion: Agnostic
    Ideology: Social-liberal
    Issues: Secularism, anti-militarism, Interventionism, full citizenship.
    Cash Reserves: N/A
    Revolt Risk: 50%
    Militancy: 3
    Consciousness: 10

Quote Originally Posted by damnt512 View Post
    hi, i'm currently playing as spain now in 1.3 and trying the best i could to industrialize but wasn't very successful, all because they are really lacking in craftsmen.

i've set the poor taxes to 50%, the middle 60%, and the rich 4 % with no tariff(i intend to lower the poor and middle taxes). i also encourage all my NF for craftsmen, any other way to encourage craftsmen in spain ?
    a good recipe I've fished from somehwere in the forums would be that you indeed lower both the taxes for the poor, compared to those for the middle class AND the military spending. Thus more people will demote into your lower classes where craftsmen and soldiers belong and the low military salaries will make sure that those people choose to become craftsmen over soldiers.

EDIT: Combine the above with the appropriate use of national foci for craftsmen for increased effect

I've seen this work with varying degrees of success though...so there must be other mechanics at work, too
    If you're looking for a dedicated artist for your mods, upcoming games or you just like digital art...then, well...go right on looking!

What's spain's literacy at the start? Literacy helps craftsmen promote as of 1.3. Alternatively, restart the grand campaign and let the carlist rebels take over. When provinces are occupied, the workers become unemployed and the RGOs don't hire them back very fast, creating lots and lots of unemployment which produces craftsmen.

Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoPolarBear View Post
    a good recipe I've fished from somehwere in the forums would be that you indeed lower both the taxes for the poor, compared to those for the middle class AND the military spending. Thus more people will demote into your lower classes where craftsmen and soldiers belong and the low military salaries will make sure that those people choose to become craftsmen over soldiers.

EDIT: Combine the above with the appropriate use of national foci for craftsmen for increased effect

I've seen this work with varying degrees of success though...so there must be other mechanics at work, too
    i would love to do that if not because of SUPER FRANCE IN 1.3 that shares land border with me and i don't know when will the chance to form an alliance with them come because acquire state CB is what i really afraid of, i'm not safe if i'm not in an alliance with them(in early game britain dow me for andalucia because of that cb)

Quote Originally Posted by Caewil View Post
    What's spain's literacy at the start? Literacy helps craftsmen promote as of 1.3. Alternatively, restart the grand campaign and let the carlist rebels take over. When provinces are occupied, the workers become unemployed and the RGOs don't hire them back very fast, creating lots and lots of unemployment which produces craftsmen.
    i've done that since the start of the game, because i find the carlist government would make a better foundation of industries in spain, but in mid game i doubt i can do it that way again. even if i could, that would severe my relations with my neighbors(especially super france)
    "Upon hearing of the Japanese attack on the United States of America at Pearl Harbor, bringing America into the war against the Axis powers, Churchill exclaimed “We have won the war!”"

Quote Originally Posted by damnt512 View Post
    i would love to do that if not because of SUPER FRANCE IN 1.3 that shares land border with me and i don't know when will the chance to form an alliance with them come because acquire state CB is what i really afraid of, i'm not safe if i'm not in an alliance with them(in early game britain dow me for andalucia because of that cb)
    Oh, I didn't know you had issues with France.
    Now, the method I suggested might put a dent into your armed force's polished armor so If you heavily rely on them to pursue your national interest you might want to consider other ways.
    But truth be told I don't expect there should be a hugely significant negative effect...
    If you're looking for a dedicated artist for your mods, upcoming games or you just like digital art...then, well...go right on looking!

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireMagickaMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Not that helpful but when I read the thread title my brain immediately did a darth vader voice saying, "I find your lack of craftsmen disturbing."

Quote Originally Posted by Zakuno2 View Post
    Not that helpful but when I read the thread title my brain immediately did a darth vader voice saying, "I find your lack of craftsman disturbing."
    I don't intend to troll but it is "craftmen"

But yeah let carlist occupy lots of provinces to get high employment then get factories and BOOM you got big industry going on
    Nothing to say.

Fan of the Week - 31 July, 2011

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireMagickaMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    My spellchecker isn't correcting it though. Sorry, fixed.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    This seems to be WAD. Spain was a broken country after the Napoleonic Wars and independence movements in Latin America.

This is particularly why you don't see much of it in the 19th century. Spain should be difficult to play, along with Portugal.

Also, you should have high enough relations with Britain/France midgame if you spend you use your diplomacy points to keep good relations with them.

it seems industrialization is a very hard thing for spain(because all advices in this thread is something that i had done since the start in my game), considering my powerful neighbor i can never let my guard down.

Actully its not that hard with the NF heck I even got some without it in PDM and if you want to expand I recommended Allying with GB to make sure France doesn't push you around
    also keep education spending at 100% because in vanilla i was able to get around a lit rate of 70% with spain

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFish View Post
    I don't intend to troll but it is "craftmen"

But yeah let carlist occupy lots of provinces to get high employment then get factories and BOOM you got big industry going on
    Actually the English word is "craftsman."

Anyways, I wonder how well it would work to take over populous areas such as Java or parts of modern-day Pakistan, turn them into states, and build factories there...

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Glasgow, Salmondist Republic of Caledonia
    It could work, but those areas have very low literacy IIRC, which would slow down promotion to craftsmen, and granting those areas state-hood would probably drag Spain's already poor literacy down even further.

Quote Originally Posted by TingJonKi View Post
    Actully its not that hard with the NF heck I even got some without it in PDM and if you want to expand I recommended Allying with GB to make sure France doesn't push you around
    also keep education spending at 100% because in vanilla i was able to get around a lit rate of 70% with spain
    i would love to ally with britain if it's not for them DoW me early in the game for andalucia, it really broke my relations with them. i think they just don't like the outcome of the civil war because i let the carlist win.

+ Reply to Thread