• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Cheese7

Sergeant
62 Badges
Aug 10, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
What actually determines military score? I've noticed that, playing as the North German Federation, with over 200k men in my army, Denmark has a higher military score than me with about 3900 men and a navy with only 4 more ships than mine, which isn't very substantial.

Soldier Pops.
Military Leaders.
Ships.
'Expensive' Military Units.

I know for sure that 1 Military Leader nets 2 Military Score and 1 Man'o'War nets 0.125 Military Score.
Don't know for sure what Soldier Pops and Units give.

I'm playing Hawaii at the moment. To civilize you need a Military Score of at least 50, but Hawaii has nearly NO budget for an army.
25 Military Leaders did the trick :p

Hmmm. Well I'm pretty sure I now have the most powerful standing army in the world after excessive recruitment of guards. I'm still ranked third though. Isn't there a limit to how many military leaders you can have?

-soldier pops
-soldier wages
-military supply consumption
-dreadnoughts (other ships are marginal)

Hmmm. Well I'm pretty sure I now have the most powerful standing army in the world after excessive recruitment of guards. I'm still ranked third though.

It's based on your total available number of brigades, not your standing army, modified by technology. So either you are behind in tech or another nation has more soldier POPs (i.e. China). Or someone spammed Dreadnaughts.

the military score is wrong calculated!
I have seen luxemburg (1brigade) with 70 mil score while me with greater germany ,only 100+. For some sort of reason when you are in war you mil score multiplies by 4 or 5 even if you don't build any additional brigade! UK is still 1st in mil score for all the period of the game and france always 2nd (sometimes 1st). China still is 3rd mil power of the world from 1840-1935. Cruisers don't raise the mil score at all. Guards don't seem to add mor mil score than inf!

in war your military score increases because your supply consumption doubles in war

Aye I don't like it either, in addition your ruling party's military policy affects the score somebody mentioned; jingoism good, pacifism or antimilitary crap

There is a limiting factor to the number of leaders you can have: the leadership generated has a maximum amount, and generals have only a certain life span. Nonetheless, I'm not particularly keen on the way it is currently calculated either.

Aye I don't like it either, in addition your ruling party's military policy affects the score somebody mentioned; jingoism good, pacifism or antimilitary crap

That actually makes sense. A militaristic military policy *should* make you a more respectable military power in the eyes of the world, than a policy of avoiding violence at all costs.

I have a related question. Does military expenditure pay for military POPs or actual standing armies? Does national stockpile also pay for military supply costs?

Military expenditure pays military POPs. National stockpile buys goods to supply standing armies.