+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Eternal Empires: An AlterVicky Mod

Quote Originally Posted by bluearmy View Post
    very interesting mod, its looking great after such a short time.
    how are the Americas going to look? with a divided britain wil they be majority franco-phone?
    Well, thank you for the compliment, but a lot still needs to be done. Religions, cultures, etc. to reflect the massive amount of time since the point-of-divergence, flags, events, decisions, etc. I could definitely use some help. Also help with Graphics, I have no idea how to edit .dds files.

As for the Americas, here are my ideas:

Brythonic colonial successor-state in the Caribbean, Italian state in the north, based around New York (also an opportunity for much fun). New Swabia in our-world Deep South and Texas, slave-owning, lots of tensions. Greek state in Mexico. Democratic Russians up in Alaska, Norse state in Canada (still following Odin and Thor (though I haven't modded their religion in yet)).

As for other ideas - East Slavic Islam-esque religion, Zoroastrianism, Mongol horde in southern Siberia, Central Asia, China.

And here are some screenshots of my latest work:

Quote Originally Posted by LordInsanity View Post
    Also help with Graphics, I have no idea how to edit .dds files.
    If you use Gimp, here is a plugin. I think you can edit it in Paint.NET without any plugins.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrylc View Post
    If you use Gimp, here is a plugin. I think you can edit it in Paint.NET without any plugins.
    I use Paint.NET myself, thanks.

Well, I still don't see why Britain is so balkanized, or why France (originally West Francia, that was splitted from greater Francia, that was built upon the ruins of the Roman Empire) exists as today, or a lot of things. Can you please explain the history of the mod?
    Is there any moment in history where a country attacks another country because their allied with a country that is at war with a country that is the first countries ally?

Nationality: Ashkenazi
    Religion: Agnostic
    Ideology: Social-liberal
    Issues: Secularism, anti-militarism, Interventionism, full citizenship.
    Cash Reserves: N/A
    Revolt Risk: 50%
    Militancy: 3
    Consciousness: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Clendor View Post
    Well, I still don't see why Britain is so balkanized, or why France (originally West Francia, that was splitted from greater Francia, that was built upon the ruins of the Roman Empire) exists as today, or a lot of things. Can you please explain the history of the mod?
    In time, but I do plan to do something to France. For Britain, my explanation for it is on page 1. Please note that the mod is heavily WIP, and so you are nowhere near the final result.

The New World countries sound very nice. Any plans for South America?

Quote Originally Posted by NezzeOne View Post
    The New World countries sound very nice. Any plans for South America?
    Not yet.

Just a request for help.

I've just edited the GER.tga and GER_monarchy.tga files in my flags folder. I check the game, and all the flags (except for some, such as France's for some reason) are just solid black.

What did I do wrong? They're the correct size and in the right format.

Can anybody help?

EDIT: For some reason the flagfiles.tga and flagfiles_monarchy.tga files in the flag folder are empty.
    Last edited by LordInsanity; 19-05-2011 at 12:53.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    I feel as though the POD is way too early to have any recognizable states in Europe.

I also think that this looks too much like Divergences Europe in overall style. The creation of the nation-state never happens, and Britain is non-existent with French and Scandinavian powerhouses.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomgK3tchup View Post
    I feel as though the POD is way too early to have any recognizable states in Europe.

I also think that this looks too much like Divergences Europe in overall style. The creation of the nation-state never happens, and Britain is non-existent with French and Scandinavian powerhouses.
    Well, part of the fun is the thinking-out of things, the brainstorming (Rule of Cool is just as important, if not moreso, than strict plausibility here). France is going away for certain (replaced by Soissons, Aquitania and Neustria). Expect much Balkanisation, also in Russia. Sweden will cease to be so powerful as well.

Too much like Divergences? Well, I have some absolutely awesome ideas for this mod, and it would be a shame to fail to deliver. Any suggestions to make it different?

Oh, and I fixed the problem with the flags by deleting my flag cache.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Also, what about the Prussian Rheinland exclave and Galicia?
    Are they gonna stay the same (because that wouldn't make sence)?

Otherwise, looks interesting.

EDIT: Oh and, what is the teal country in Constantinople?
    Last edited by Dyranum; 20-05-2011 at 14:56.
    "No matter how alone you feel, Dyranum is always there to point out how utterly terrible you are at spelling." —Shynka

Lanterfanter den Tweede Slak (primary), and Juriste Aléatoire (secondary) in Edge of Europe. Formerly Suive Opiniâtrement les Régles (retired), Officer Gun Gun (deceased), Deputy Lambin l'Escargot (deceased), Méfiezvous du Calembour (deceased), and Deputy Houdt van Kaas Hakkihäälinen (retired).
    Creator and GM of: Dark Horizons, Dark Horizons 2.0, Pure Madness, The Countries of an Alternate World, Twenty Thousand Leagues Over the Sea, Pure Madness 2: We couldn't decide on a subtitle
    Co-Creator and GM of: Kingdoms and Khanates
    Nations played in Nation Games: Guatemala/FNCA (WiR1861), Serbia (WiR1900), France (WiR1900), Terran Ascendancy(DH2), Commune of France(Kaiserreich), Basileia Rhomaion (KaK), DPRK (WiR2020), RSFSR and associates (BoP1920:TTY), Harad (LotR), Armenia (DDD), DPRK (PM2), Romania/Rhomânia! (WiR1901), DPRK (WiR2020 Mk.II)

Quote Originally Posted by Dyranum View Post
    Also, what about the Prussian Rheinland exclave and Galicia?
    Are they gonna stay the same (because that wouldn't make sence)?
    They're not.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2

I think ireland should be very fragmented like it is in eu3.
    Nationality: English/British
    Religion: Some metaphysical stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ZomgK3tchup View Post
    Eh...With France being obliterated into several smaller countries, the map doesn't look like Divergences anymore.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2

i ithink this mod is looking quite good when i saw the first screenshot i wasernt shaw but now it becoming something new i dont think comparing it to divergences is giving this mod the justice it diserves
    Nationality: English/British
    Religion: Some metaphysical stuff

EDIT: Oh and, what is the teal country in Constantinople?
    I'd actually like to know that too.

Quote Originally Posted by NezzeOne View Post
    I'd actually like to know that too.
    Konstantingrad, a.k.a a Slavic Latin Empire-esque state.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by LordInsanity View Post
    Konstantingrad, a.k.a a Slavic Latin Empire-esque state.
    Now that sounds interesting, I take it that the Ottos failed in TTL?

Also, I don't know if you've mentioned it, but what is the purple-ish country in eastern Occitania?
    "No matter how alone you feel, Dyranum is always there to point out how utterly terrible you are at spelling." —Shynka

Lanterfanter den Tweede Slak (primary), and Juriste Aléatoire (secondary) in Edge of Europe. Formerly Suive Opiniâtrement les Régles (retired), Officer Gun Gun (deceased), Deputy Lambin l'Escargot (deceased), Méfiezvous du Calembour (deceased), and Deputy Houdt van Kaas Hakkihäälinen (retired).
    Creator and GM of: Dark Horizons, Dark Horizons 2.0, Pure Madness, The Countries of an Alternate World, Twenty Thousand Leagues Over the Sea, Pure Madness 2: We couldn't decide on a subtitle
    Co-Creator and GM of: Kingdoms and Khanates
    Nations played in Nation Games: Guatemala/FNCA (WiR1861), Serbia (WiR1900), France (WiR1900), Terran Ascendancy(DH2), Commune of France(Kaiserreich), Basileia Rhomaion (KaK), DPRK (WiR2020), RSFSR and associates (BoP1920:TTY), Harad (LotR), Armenia (DDD), DPRK (PM2), Romania/Rhomânia! (WiR1901), DPRK (WiR2020 Mk.II)

Now that sounds interesting, I take it that the Ottos failed in TTL?

Also, I don't know if you've mentioned it, but what is the purple-ish country in eastern Occitania?
    Burgundia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast