+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Eternal Empires: An AlterVicky Mod

Eternal Empires: An AlterVicky Mod

Okay, so here's yet another Alternate History mod. Here's the synopsis.

In this world, the Roman Empire did not die in one terrible night, but steadily declined, eventually becoming a shadow of its former self. Thirteen-hundred-and-sixty years later, after the recent chaos of the Saxon Wars, many realms vie for power. Who, they ask, will be the next of the Eternal Empires?

---

Screenshots:

(Took the Bavaria flag from an EU3 mod. Full credit goes to the guy who made it.)

(For some reason, the SPQR flag isn't showing up, despite it being the right format and everything. And that country in Western France is Elsass-Lothringen).

----

Things to do for right now:
    1. Finish Germany and Italy.
    2. Do Eastern Europe (some kind of giga-Belarus ruling over Poland, Ukraine, lots of messed-up countries in the Balkans after the Byzantines fell, a Latin Empire-esque Slavic state in Thrace).
    3. Split up China.
    4. Ad some events/decisions.
    5. Make some flags (I'm not much of a graphics person, would anybody care to help?)

----

ETERNAL EMPIRES V.0.1.1 DOWNLOADABLE HERE

As this is the first version that I have publically released, there will be errors and things that don't make sense.

Also incorporating Rylock's Great War mod.
    Last edited by LordInsanity; 31-05-2011 at 12:10.

BL-logic
    Event Team Leader
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 AHD BetaPride of Nations
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Sounds interesting.
    I may be able to help with the flags.
    Game Developer East vs West - Event&Decision Team Leader
    Unless stated otherwise, the content of the above post is my personal opinion only.

Utilities:
    Victoria 2 Pop Maker Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Order Of Battle Maker Utility:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Savegame Analyser Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?638277-Victoria-2-AHD-Savegame-Analyser

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

I think you should rename Elsass-Lothringen into Burgundy.
    Also, why not just re-create Poland-Lithuania instead of making a giant Belarus?
    Shynka: "No matter how alone you feel, Dyranum is always there to point out how utterly terrible you are at spelling."

Suive Opiniâtrement les Régles (primary) and Houd van Fakkels doet Herleven (secondary) in Edge of Europe. Formerly Officer Gun Gun (deceased), Deputy Lambin l'Escargot (deceased), Méfiezvous du Calembour (deceased), and Deputy Houdt van Kaas Hakkihäälinen (retired).
    Creator and GM of: Dark Horizons, Dark Horizons 2.0, Pure Madness, The Countries of an Alternate World, Twenty Thousand Leagues Over the Sea, Pure Madness 2: We couldn't decide on a subtitle
    Co-Creator and GM of: Kingdoms and Khanates
    Nations played in Nation Games: Guatemala/FNCA (WiR1861), Serbia (WiR1900), France (WiR1900), Terran Ascendancy(DH2), Commune of France(Kaiserreich), Basileia Rhomaion (KaK), DPRK (WiR2020), RSFSR and associates (BoP1920:TTY), Harad (LotR), Armenia (DDD), DPRK (PM2), Romania/Rhomânia! (WiR1901), DPRK (WiR2020 Mk.II)

Ooo. Looks like fun.

Question -- If the SPRQ didn't crash and burn like it did in OTL, why is it that the Byzantines fell? Was the SPRQ too weak to help?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalelovil View Post
    Sounds interesting.
    I may be able to help with the flags.
    Thanks, that sort of help's exactly what I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyranum View Post
    I think you should rename Elsass-Lothringen into Burgundy.
    Also, why not just re-create Poland-Lithuania instead of making a giant Belarus?
    I'm thinking of putting Burgundy in where Piedmont is in regular Vicky.As for Poland, I might split up the Western portions of it, and give the eastern portions to a Belarus.

Quote Originally Posted by NezzeOne View Post
    Ooo. Looks like fun.

Question -- If the SPRQ didn't crash and burn like it did in OTL, why is it that the Byzantines fell? Was the SPRQ too weak to help?
    The SPQR was too weak to help, yes.

Some work on (getting rid of) Austria:

And SPQR's flag is showing up! Yay!

Wut? Moravia?
    Wouldn't it make more sence for it to be Bohemia and/or with German Austria split into its states (Upper Austria, Lower Austria, Kärnten etcetera (since they had nothing in common, except the Habsburgs)) or something.

Also, here's a suggestion: Make Germany a much more competitive location between its states, i.e. weaken Prussia and larger north-german states.

Oh and, are you going to split up France some more or? (e.g. making Occitania independent).

EDIT: Hmm, that might've come off as kinda jerk-ish.
    Last edited by Dyranum; 14-05-2011 at 16:29.
    Shynka: "No matter how alone you feel, Dyranum is always there to point out how utterly terrible you are at spelling."

Suive Opiniâtrement les Régles (primary) and Houd van Fakkels doet Herleven (secondary) in Edge of Europe. Formerly Officer Gun Gun (deceased), Deputy Lambin l'Escargot (deceased), Méfiezvous du Calembour (deceased), and Deputy Houdt van Kaas Hakkihäälinen (retired).
    Creator and GM of: Dark Horizons, Dark Horizons 2.0, Pure Madness, The Countries of an Alternate World, Twenty Thousand Leagues Over the Sea, Pure Madness 2: We couldn't decide on a subtitle
    Nations played in Nation Games: Guatemala/FNCA (WiR1861), Serbia (WiR1900), France (WiR1900), Terran Ascendancy(DH2), Commune of France(Kaiserreich), Basileia Rhomaion (KaK), DPRK (WiR2020), RSFSR and associates (BoP1920:TTY), Harad (LotR), Armenia (DDD), DPRK (PM2), Romania/Rhomânia! (WiR1901), DPRK (WiR2020 Mk.II)

I'll make some Belarusian flags if you want. I can also make some other flags for Eastern European/Central European nations

Quote Originally Posted by cyrylc View Post
    I'll make some Belarusian flags if you want. I can also make some other flags for Eastern European/Central European nations
    Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by LordInsanity View Post
    Thank you very much.
    Here you are.

If you want more flags, PM me and write which nations' flags you need.

Just to make it clear this thing isn't dead:

Quote Originally Posted by LordInsanity View Post
    Just to make it clear this thing isn't dead:

<a screenshot>
    Byelorussia borders are so ugly What's that thing in Russia with "VE" in its name?

The British Isles up there in the corner sure looks intriguing.
    Care to mention how the upper part looks?

Byelorussia borders are so ugly What's that thing in Russia with "VE" in its name?
    I'll fix them. And it's Velikorussia (Great Russia).

Quote Originally Posted by Dyranum View Post
    The British Isles up there in the corner sure looks intriguing.
    Care to mention how the upper part looks?
    Here's an earlier screenshot, to show Europe better:

*sniffle* A broken up Europe. So beautiful. *sniffle*

What are the three nations in the British Isles? I can barely make out one and it looks like it's called 'Jakemark'. I don't suppose you'd care to elaborate on them?

Quote Originally Posted by NezzeOne View Post
    *sniffle* A broken up Europe. So beautiful. *sniffle*

What are the three nations in the British Isles? I can barely make out one and it looks like it's called 'Jakemark'. I don't suppose you'd care to elaborate on them?
    Saxemark (must be the one you misread, Saxon state), Prydain (Brythonic Celtic state) and Anglemark (English state). General idea is that the Anglo-Saxon colonisation of the British Isles partially fails, leading to a Celtic West and Norh (Scotland) and an Anglo-Saxon East.

You should write something about this alternative history, more than just those two lines in first post.

You should write something about this alternative history, more than just those two lines in first post.
    I'll do that when I've redrawn the map, which is higher-priority right now.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness

very interesting mod, its looking great after such a short time.
    how are the Americas going to look? with a divided britain wil they be majority franco-phone?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast